The Rubik's Cube (LuhanxAmber)

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oppa, look what I got!"

The doe eyed male looked up o see a very excited Amber Liu bound up to him, carrying a shiny object in her hands. Luhan took the proffered object, a small smile spreading on his face. His fingers were itching to solve the complicated cube, bu he managed to restrain himself.

"Did you solve it yet, Amber?"

The petite tomboy shook her head, her dark brown bangs flopping over her eyes.

"No, not yet. Minseok hyung just gave it to me right now."

Luhan felt his heart clench at the mention of Minseok, the little green monster of jealousy creeping in. He loved his hyung, but to him, rubik's cubes were his and Amber's "thing".  But he managed to flash his usual gentle smile and patted his dongsaeng's head.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough," he said, handing the cube back to the younger girl. "If you figure it out by the end of next week, I'll give you a surprise."

Amber grinned and shook Luhan's hand; she loved surprises. "Deal! Can't wait for my surprise~"

 

One Week Later

A hyper Amber rushed into Exo's dorm and, ignoring the rest of the members in the living room, practically threw herself at Luhan, slapping his torso and rambling abou something or another. Her words were jumbled together, and her already limited Korean was even harder to decipher. The Exo members were attempting to stifle their laughter, and Luhan couldn't help but silently chuckle at the petite girl. Before he could do anything, however, a pair of arms wrapped around Amber's waist, pulling her off Luhan.

Keeping his arms around the shorter girl and laying his head on hers, Sehun laughed and said, "You're so cute, noona."

Laughing wih him, Amber turned around and poked Sehun's nose. "Awwww, but our Sehunnie is the cutest," she cooed with a bright smile.

A dark blush tinted the Exo maknae's cheeks and the androgynous girl pinched the younger's cheek. All but one Exo member laughed uproariously at their maknae's reaction to the tomboy. Luhan watched the interaction before him wih a rather disinterested look, his lips set in a thin line that merely hinted at the disapprobal he felt inside. Bu a smile tugged his lips upward when the girl turned her attention back to him.

"So what did you want to tell me, Amber? And do speak slower and clearer this time," he said, his gentle smile turning into a teasing one.

The petite girl flushed, but continued on excitedly nonetheless. Pulling out a rubik's cube from her small messenger bag, the silver cube from the week before, she exclaimed, "I solved it!"

The twelve males surged forward to examine the solved cube, and Minseok, the one who had given Amber the cube, said, "You solved it already?"

Amber nodded excitedly at her "hyung", and Minseok smiled proudly at the younger girl. The tomboy then turned to Luhan and said, "So, oppa. Where's my surprise?"

All other eleven members slowly turned to Luhan who was desperately trying not to blush. The doe eyed male took Amber's hand in his, ignoring the girl's light blush, and ushered her to the room he shared with Lay and Chen. He released her hand when they

Please log in to read the full chapter