Someone Like You

Someone Like You

"Crap! Not again..."

Tayeon's heavy eyelids suddenly lost all their weight as she registered the time blinking on her purple alarm clock. She wriggles her arm out from under her before she slammed her hand down on her alarm clock and rudely kicking off her matching sheets. Soon enough, she found herself scrambling to her closet for decent outfit before dragging her clothes behind her to the bathroom. "Nononononono... this always happens on the most important days..."

Taeyeon her shower then quickly stripped and stepped in. Not paying attention to the temperature. And yes. It. Was. Cold.

In record time, she was fully dressed, partially fed and had her make-up done. The only flaw was that her hair was still dripping at the ends. "I guess it's now or never." Taeyeon smiled at herself in the full body mirror at her doorway. Content, she reached out for her favorite blazer before heading out the door.

****

The spotless, checkered marble floors and modern artwork hanging on the snow white walls of the office building caused Taeyeon to unconsiously smooth out her damp hair and rearrange her black blazer. The click-clack of her stiletto heels echoed throughout the otherwise silent entrance. With all her confidence, she strutted up to the circular secretary desk.

"Excuse me." Taeyeon politely voiced.

"What's your purpose here?" The secretary questioned without even sparing Taeyeon a glance.

"I'm here for the interview for the assistant manager job." Taeyeon happily chirped and forced the prettiest smile on her face even though her heart was racing, yet secretary still focused on her computer.

"Name?"

"Kim Taeyeon."

The secretary hesitated for only a second and Taeyeon almost missed it altogether. The secretary dialed in seemingly random numbers into the desk phone before speaking with a serious voice, "Kim Taeyeon here for the interview."

The phone crackled to life, "Send her up." The male voice on the opposite end of the line had a slight lisp at the 's' as if he had a retainer for a little too long.

Taeyeon's face lit up visibly, but since the secretary never looked up, she didn't see it. It can't be Him can it, have I really found him? 

"Okay." The secretary paused as she gathered up papers on her desk. "Take the elevator to the right. 25 floor, second door to the left." She ordered before returning to her work. Taeyeon nodded before whispering a quiet 'thank you' and walking towards the elevators. She distractedly pushed the 'up' button before her thoughts ran towards the hauntingly familiar voice.

"Taeyeon~" A gentle-faced male cooed lovingly to Taeyeon.

Recognizing the tone of curiosity in his voice, Taeyeon turned to face her lover,"Hmm?"

"It doessn't matter if I'm yearss younger than you, doess it?" The younger male questioned with innocent eyes.

Taeyeon only smiled, thinking to herself about what she would do without the bratty, but wonderful man. "No. It doesssn't." She teased before pecking the other quickly on the cheek.

 

*DING*

The mechanical ring of the elevator signalled Taeyeon's arrival on her target floor. Slowly, Taeyeon exited from her memory and smiled bitterly because of her past. Her head hung as she waltzed out of the lift and to her interviewer's room, but before she knocked on the door, she tilted the side of her lips up in a gentle smile and wiped any trace of sadness of her face. *knock knock knock* Taeyeon waited for any signal that allowed her to continue.

After what seemed like hours of waiting, a soft voice penetrated the wooden door. "Come In."

Gathering her strength, Taeyeon grasped the cool metal handle before quietly pushing the heavy wooden entrance open. She quickly bowed before meeting eyes with the boss. She gasped and her jaw hung leaving half open in surprise. Her eyes quickly scanned the room, noticing multiple pictures of him with another woman. Pictures including one with a white dress and black tuxedo.

"Kim Taeyeon?" The man spoke, having yet to look up. People at this building have a horrible habbit of doing that.

Taeyeon surpressed her thoughts before closing her still open mouth. "Yes."

The man glanced upwards at the sound of her voice before recognition splashes across his face. He quickly looks back down, trying to ignore the woman in front of him.

Taeyeon smiled before walking further into the room."Hi, Sehun-ah." Taeyeon spoke in her gentlest and most loving voice possible.

"O-oh... um.. Hello, Taeyeon." Sehun stuttered, still refusing to look up at his past that is standing directly in front of him.

"Is this your new girlfriend?" Taeyeon sat down across from Sehun while pointing to a picture of Sehun smiling with another girl.

Sehun's lips quirked into a cute grin as he saw the happy picture. "My wife, actually..." Sehun gathered his feelings and put them back into his inward bottle. "But we are here to talk about.. um... the interview." Sehun mumbled and shuffled his papers before placing them to the side.

"You don't have to be so awkward, we're still friends." Taeyeon smiled sadly, trying hard to keep her disappointed frown from appearing on her face. "What's her name?" Taeyeon inquired. "She's very pretty."

Sehun stared at Taeyeon hoping she would move on from the topic of his personal life. "Her name's Tiffany." Sehun answered with a huff. "Yeah, I fell in love the moment I saw her." Taeyeon caught the loving glance Sehun gave to their wedding picture and her heart burned with jealousy.

"Where'd you meet her?" Taeyeon pestered.

Sehun slightly frowned. "Look. Can we just get to the interview?" Sehun asked with a slight pleading tone.

Taeyeon feigned innocence as she looked at Sehun straight in his eyes. "I just want to know how you've been."

Sehun sighed in annoyance. "How'd you find me?" Sehun looked downwards at his fingers.

"What?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"How did you find me?" Sehun sighed.

Taeyeon slightly scoffed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean." Sehun put on his business face and retorted, "I left you 10 years ago. Sometimes love lasts, other times it doesn't. You weren't supposed to come back." Sehun sternly dictated.

"I see you remembered me." Taeyeon lightly joked, trying to calm the atmoshere.

Sehun rested his elbows on the mahogany desk while rubbing his hands on his face. "Taeyeon-"

"Sehun." Taeyeon intrerupted, knowing what was coming next. "Don't you remember when we went on all those dates around the park. Don't you remember how we used to feed each other? Don't you remember introducing me to your parents? Do these mean nothing to you?" Taeyeon complained while getting onto her knees.

"Taeyeon." Sehun called. "That was 10 years ago. In high school. We've changed." Sehun blandly stated.

"It only feels like yesterday to me! You are still mine!" Taeyeon's voice got more desperate. "I haven't let you go!"

"Taeyeon." Sehun took a deep breath. "Move on, please, move on." He lifted his head to meet Taeyeon's craze filled orbs. "This has been going on for too long."

*Beep.*

Taeyeon's eyes widened. "You pushed the button, didn't you."

Sehun contemplated his answer before replying, "They'll be here in 1 minute to take you."

"Nonononono." Taeyeon lurched forward and grabbed Sehun's wrists. "Think about all the memories we made! All the memories we COULD make, Sehun-ah! Please!"

Sehun only shook his head. "I'm sorry, but No. I can't and I won't."

Taeyeon's face portrayed her broken-heart before her eyes flared with anger.

"NO!" Taeyeon stood up fully. Her shoulders show'd her perfect posture as she suddenly obtained a burst of leadership. "You WILL love me, and we WILL be happy."

Security ran in and restricted Taeyeon before starting to pull her out the door.

"S-sehun! Stop them!! Please!" Taeyeon frantically pleaded while trying to escape the guards grasp. "I was just kidding! W-what about the interview?" Taeyeon grinned, but her eyes illustrated how she was inside. Insane.

Sehun closed his eyes and turned away, avoiding Taeyeon's gaze and ignoring her pleads.

Tears leaked out of Taeyeon's eyes. "I'll remember you forever." Taeyeon gave up and willingly started to leave, her tears now flowing like a waterfall and her heart feeling as if it were broken beyond any form of repair.

"Taeyeon." Sehun called the moment before she fully exited.

"Y-yes?" Taeyeon replied, her voice full of hope.

"There are over 6 billion people on this Earth." Sehun paused before turning aroung to face Taeyeon again. "There's got to be someone like me."

Taeyeon stared at Sehun before glancing at his wedding picture once again. Her lip slightly tilted upwards and she left without another word.

 

 

 

A/N:

This is my one-shot.

I'm sorry to readers who thought that Taeyeon and Sehun would be happy together... it was kind of... not expected....

I'm also sorry that I put the Tiffany tag because I originally was going to have her in the story, not just as a mention, but then I make it up as I go, so that idea left me since it didn't remain in the possible section of my mind.

BUT~ I still hope you enjoyed it even if it is kind of... short? ish... and unexpected... But unexpectedness makes a good story in my view.

 

Thank You For Reading!!!!