Coffee is my now my best friend

That Guy

There he was. Sitting just a few chairs away from you. Three to be more exact but it's not like you actually took the time to count them. You glanced over at him a couple of times expecting to catch him doing the same but never did. RING. A reminder to go to class.  A loud sigh came out of your mouth as you saw him standing up and trhowing his backpack over his shoulder.

"Great, another day without any action" you heard coming from behind you. You looked back to find your best friend smiling widely. His smile wasn't the one that would make a person's day. But to you it was different. That smile you've known for seven years has now become that smile that makes your day brighter. It has been with you through the worse and happiest moments. Only that smile makes everything better.

"Yeah" You said letting another sigh escape your mouth

"Come on gurl, I told you that guys like him likes it when girls make the first move" he said. The words echoed in your head because they were old now since you've heard them over a million times "and that's coming from your best guy friend" he added but now placing his extremely large hands over your shoulders. You stared at him for a couple of seconds and couldn't help but to laugh. It was true, he is your best guy friend. Okay, who are you kidding? He was your only friend. You knew people here and there but never considered them close. But you didn't need one since you had him.

"You know, I love you, right? and don't forget that. And if that so called Jongin hurts you in any way I will-" You cut him off and escaping out of his hands 

"We're late to class" you said as you walked quickly towards the door and yelled "Chanyeol, hurry~ we can't be late this time"

"K. I'll be there. You go first" he smiled and waved goodbye. You knew he would skip class and take a nap covered in books in the far corner of the library so you left without him.

[NEXT DAY]

You met Chanyeol at the usual corner. Stopped by a near by coffee shop to get your energy fro the day. You picked out a table while he ordered two coffees. He came back with your drinks and said "I just thought of a plan"

"Huh?" You questioned

"Hello, miss? We're trying to hook you up with Mr. Dancer here" he jokingly said

"Shhh...There are people from school" you shyly said while melting down your seat trying to seem more unnoticable "Let me hear it"

"I say you buy him something"he said flashing mischievous smile while holding his coffee right in front of your face

"Coffee?" You pointed at it

"Yeah~ I'll get it for you. Just wait here" he got up without getting approval from you

Doubts were taking over you head as you waited for him to come back. What if he doesn't like coffee or is allergic to it? Can people be allergic to coffee? Most likely not but what if he doesn't drink coffee?

"_____, snap out of of it and let's go" He said with coffee in hand

"Right" you replies and walked next to him

[AT SCHOOL]

"Um, we got here early. Why don't we go back home?" You nervously asked and started walking back home

"No way, you know he's here this early because you stalk him most of the time and you have an important mission to accomplish, so get going" he handed you the coffee, spun you around and opened the library door for you

"Fighting" He said before you stepped in with a warm smile

"R-right, fighting" You repeated

As you stepped in, you saw him. There he was. Sitting on the same seat as everyday. Always so punctual. Such an attractive guy. It was breathtaking. The perfect jawline, gold tan skin and plump lips. Perfect lips. Those lips which you wish to some day kiss. You were day dreaming and suddendly stopped when you heard a voice calling out your name.

"______, _______, _______, are you okay?"

You blinked a few times to make sure you were awake. Is this true? He's looking into my eyes? And he knows my name?

You shook your head and replied "Yes I'm fine"

A snorty laugh came from him, "You're funny,_____"

You felt your face was going to fall off as you blushed deeply

"Well, aren't you going to have a sit?" He asked pointing with his pencil in hand  at the seat across from him

"Y-you don't mind?" You shyly asked

"Why would I ?" He confusedly asked

You stopped talking and took the seat across from him before you could ruin the momnet. I'm sitting across from him. Facing him. Not three seats away but right across from him you thought.

"Hello, Jongin" You greeted him

"Hi,____" He smiled now resting his hands under his chin and faced you completely

"A-actually, I came by to drop off this" You stretched out your arms with the coffee in hands

"For who?" He asked

"Um, you" You quickly answered

"Oh" came out of him and place his index finger on his bottom lip

Silence took over the converstaion. Great, you just ruined the moment. What did Chanyeol get me into? you thought.

"Thank you, _____. I left my house late and didn't have time to stop by and grab a coffee today. So, thanks." he said with a smile and grabbed the coffee out of your hands.

His smile was real. Not the smile you see people when forced to. But a smile. A genuine smile.

Satisfied with his reaction you got up, grabbed your backpack and walked towards the door. About half way, you felt tugging on your shirt and to your surprise you found Jongin pulling at your shirt.

"Why don't you stay a little longer?" He requested and you gave in

 

Note:

Hello! I just started writing. I know I'm not good but I just have a lot of ideas and need to put them together. Help me. If you have any comments/criticism leave a comment. Thank you.