[R LayDae] The Dark Side

When The Girls Are Away, The Boys Shall Play

 

He’s from the other side. The wrong side; the dark side. I’m supposed to hate him, all of them but I just can’t bring myself to think anything bad about him. The rest of my group hates him and his group, while I sit here trying to figure out how this “feud” even started. Sometimes I’ll ask but I always get the same answers.

            They’re the enemy.

            They’re who we need to beat.

            Don’t talk to them unless necessary. They probably have something up their sleeves to with us.

            They always cheat. Their company rigs all of the award shows because they’re talentless hacks that are only called an idol group because they have the looks.

            Always the same but I never believe any of it. I just want to be with him and I know he wants to be with me too. What they don’t know is that we’ve been dating secretly for two months now and that instead of going to the gym I’m going to meet up with him in the park. I’m wrapped up in a scarf that covers my neck and face along with a pair of sunglasses. I’m also wearing a hat so that I make sure no one recognizes me.

            It doesn’t take long for me to reach our meeting place and I already see him sitting there. I quickly make my way over to him as the cold winter air is sending an ominous chill down my spine. I looked behind me and didn’t see anyone there. I kept thinking someone was following me but I guess I was just being paranoid. When I reach him, he wraps his warm arms around me before planting a kiss on my lips.

            “You made it.”

            “Of course. It took a little while for me to get out of the dorm without any of my other members wanting to come but I did it. I’ve missed you Lay.”

            “I’ve missed you too Daehyun. Oh, here. To warm you up. It has whipped cream and everything that you like in it.” He said as he handed me a warm drink. I brought it to my lips and took a sip. It was slightly cool thanks to the frigid night air but it was still warm enough to make me feel better.

            “So what do you want to do? We can go catch a movie or maybe get something to eat. I’m sorry I can’t take you somewhere really special since we can’t go out often but I just don’t want us to get caught.”

            I shook my head before leaning in to silence him with a kiss. He was always so worried that I would be mad because he couldn’t do all the things for me that normal couples did. What he didn’t understand was that I have been happiest person in the world since he agreed to go out with me.

            “Hyung stop worrying, but if you really want to make me happy we can go to this new restaurant that I passed on the way here.”

            “I’m starting to think you only love me because I buy you food.”

            “That’s one of the reasons.” I said with a smile before kissing him again. I could never get tired of the feel of his lips on mine. It felt like we went together perfectly. How could someone ever tell me that being with him is wrong?

            “What the hell is this?!”

            Lay and I quickly broke away from our embrace to turn around see Youngjae standing behind us.

            “Y-Youngjae. W-What are you doing here?” I stuttered out. He made his way over to us and I felt Lay’s arms tighten around me as if to protect me.  

            “That’s what I should be asking you hyung! Is this the reason that you keep refusing to go out with me?!”

            “Listen you little brat, I’m older than you and you will show me some respect.”

            “You’re not even from here you stupid Chinese chink! I don’t have to give you any of my respect!!”

            “What the hell did you call me?” Lay released my arm and I had to hold him back from hurting Youngjae.

            “Lay, please don’t. Youngjae, can we please discuss this at home.”

          “Alright hyung, let’s go home right now and tell Yongguk hyung about how you’ve been ing the enemy.”

            “You’re just mad little boy because all you have to is your right hand.” Lay said as he kept a secure grip on me so I couldn’t get away.

            The next thing I knew he was releasing me as Youngjae jumped on top of him and started to punch him in the face repeatedly. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion. I ran over to them and tried to break it up but I was pushed away.

            “Stop!! PLEASE STOP IT!! YOU”RE HURTING HIM!!” I yelled. I had never seen Youngjae like this before and since Lay was caught off guard he couldn’t get the upper hand at all. “YOU’RE GOING TO KILL HIM!! STOP!”

            As soon as I said that, that seemed to snap Youngjae out of his fit of rage as he lifted himself off of Lay’s bloody body. I quickly ran over to Lay and saw that he was still breathing but he was taking shallow breaths. Tears were running down my face as I picked his head up and laid it on my lap.

            “Hyung stop caring for that stupid mutt and let’s go home.”

            I couldn’t believe what I just heard come out of Youngjae’s mouth as I turned to him. “You almost killed him!”

            “It would be one less piece of the trash in the world if he died anyway.”

            “Leave.”

            “What? But hyung…”

            “Get the out of here right now!! Do you listen to all the trash that Yongguk and Himchan spout?! Have you become so heartless that now you need kill the enemy?! Listen, and listen good. The only enemy is Yongguk and Himchan. Lay and his group hasn’t done anything to us but you guys hate them for what?! Because they tell you to hate them!”

            “H-Hyung…I-I”

            “Leave Youngjae! If you want to tell Yongguk about how you almost killed someone tonight than go ahead but I’m going to stay here with my boyfriend and make sure he’s alright.”

            Youngjae didn’t say anything else and walked away. I pulled out my cell phone and quickly called 119 to get an ambulance to come and get Lay.

            “D-Dae…”     

            “Shh… you’re going to be alright baby. An ambulance is on its way right now.” I said as I wiped some of the blood off of his face before planting a small kiss on his forehead and holding him.

            You guys were never from the dark side; we were and our love has freed me from the dark side and brought me over to the light side, so that I can be with you forever Lay.