Goodbye is real

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica reaches the hospital half running her way to the room of Yuri’s child. Her recent visit certainly is not good, good thing that the people didn’t recognize her. She reached the door and reluctantly knocks at the door gently.

 

She gave the best smile that she could do, as an old woman open the door.

 

“Yes?” The woman asked as she stares at her with a kind smile.

 

“Ahm… I’m sorry ma’am.  but is this the room of K-Kwon Yonghwa?”

 

“Yes… who are you miss?” the woman eyed her with curiosity.

 

“I-I’m Kwon Jessica… his aunt. Is Yuri there?” Jessica stammered for a moment.

 

“Oh! I didn’t know that Yuri have a sister! Please come in!” The old woman opens the door wide enough for her to pass… Jessica didn’t correct her, thinking it will be better if the woman thought that she is a relative.  “My name is Mrs. Park.. I’m the temporary nanny of Yong, Yuri and Victoria just went out for a bit… but they will be here soon” Mrs. Park smiled.

 

Jessica smiled at the old woman timidly.

 

“Mrs. Park who is she?” A little voice made the two women turned to the little boy at the bed playing by himself.

 

“Yong, this pretty lady is your Aunt Jessica… Your appa’s sister” Mrs. Park smiled at the boy.

 

“Appa’s… Sister?”  Yonghwa innocently look up to Jessica, which made the later gulped uncomfortably.

 

‘A-anyeong.. Yonghwa” Jessica gave the boy a warm smile, she can’t help but to admire the little one’s cuteness.. Children is Jessica’s weakness… she loves them.

 

Yonghwa’s eyes twinkled upon the greeting and gave Jessica a toothy grin. “Anyeong!” He said energetically he even jumped on his bed.

 

“Yonghwa be careful you might fall” Mrs. Park said worriedly before turning to Jessica. “I’m sorry he is like that when he meets new people, which is rare” The old woman smiled.

 

Jessica nodded. ‘Don’t worry Mrs. Park I understand.. He is a very charming kid” She smiled at the boy.

 

The old woman laugh.. “Yeah… he might look like his mother, but the charms certainly came from your side of the family.. Judging from You and Yuri”

 

“T-thank you Mrs. Park” Jessica muttered.

 

“Jessica can I leave Yonghwa with you for a moment I will just get hot water from the pantry” The elder asked

 

“No problem, I’ll take care of him.”  Jessica smiled as she sat beside Yonghwa’s bed.

 

Mrs.park then excuse herself and leave the two Kwon’s behind.

 

The kid gawked at her which surprised Jessica. “Autie… You’re really Appa’s sister??” Yonghwa asked as his little fingers pokes Jessica’s cheek.

 

“ahm..” for a moment Jessica can’t answer but the kid break the awkward silence again.

 

“You don’t look like Appa” The little boy said as a matter of factly.  “You’re white and Appa is,,, brown.”

 

Jessica chuckled to the boys remarks, Yonghwa also grin at her.. Jessica took the little boys hands and stare at it. “We both are white.. See?” Jessica showed their hands to the kid.

 

Yonghwa giggled “Yeah!” “Auntie.. Do you want to play with me?” The little boy asked hopefully.

 

“Of course, I’d love too.” Jessica put down the bed rails and sat on Yonghwa’s bed.

 

“Wow… you have a lot of cars!” Jessica complements the match box cars scattered on his bed.

 

“I love cars!” the boy squealed as he hand her a pink car.

 

“That color is for girls..” Yonghwa pouted cutely. “It’s yours now, Auntie!”

 

Jessica flashes a smile at the boy. “Gomawo.. Yonghwa” She patted his head.. Now he understand Yuri even more, this child is so precious.. His innocent smiles make her want to protect him.

 

“Appa bought me all this” Yonghwa said proudly as he lifted the cars one by one and pretend to run it.

 

“He did?” Jessica pretends to be amaze. “Wow you should ask him to buy you more.. like bigger ones!” She smiled as she runs her ‘car’ in yonghwa’s arm that tickles the latter and made him laugh.

 

“Dad said if I’m a good boy, he will give a car this big” Yonghwa said as he put his little arms above his head.

 

‘Wow…” Jessica gasps playfully.

 

“He said he will give it to me on my birthday!”

 

“Really?! When was that?”

 

Yonghwa smiled.. “Next month! I’m 4!”  

 

“Congratulations! Oh wait… let Auntie give you a present!” Jessica smiled as she ransacks her bag, looking for a thing that he can give the boy.

 

Yonghwa crawled beside her with an excited look on his face.

 

“Here! Found it!” Jessica smiled as she pulled out a black rectangular velvet box and showed to the boy.

 

“Woah… what’s that??” Yonghwa look at the thing, Jessica opened it and revealed a gold plated fountain pen.

 

“This is a pen, you can use it when you go to school… you can write stuff with this” Jessica smiled as she pulled out a memo pad to show the little boy how it works.

 

‘Like a pencil?!”

 

“Yes like a pencil! You’re smart!”

 

Yonghwa grinned at her again.

 

“See.. it says Jessica Kwon here” Jessica pointed her name engraved at the bottom of the pen.. “So when people ask you... tell them that I’m your auntie.. Okay?”

 

Yonghwa nodded enthusiastically.. As they put the pen back on the case. “You should get well soon… so that you can go to school” Jessica smiled as she handed the pen to the boy.

 

“S-School??”

 

‘Yup… it’s where you can learn and meet new friends, kids like you”

 

“Like…play…”

 

“Yup and many more… you can sing, dance , count and you can use the pen there when you learn to write stuffs” Jessica beamed.

 

“Jinjja?!” Yonghwa said excitedly as he jumps to Jessica’s lap and embrace her neck which he always does to Yuri.

 

“Jinjja… “Jessica smiled as she hugs him back. “So be healthy okay.. Don’t make Appa worry. ”

 

The little boy nodded. “Thank you for the pen auntie..” Yonghwa leaned to kiss her on the cheek. Jessica closed her eyes and hugs the boy tighter

 

“You’re welcome Yongie” Jessica smiled, she can definitely share Yuri with Yonghwa. She can be a mother for him.. they can be a family.

 

 

++++++++

 

It’s almost 6 o’clock when Victoria found Yuri in a deserted bar in one corner of Gangnem, he already looks wasted when she got there.

 

“Yul..” Victoria called the man who was now has his face down at the bar table.

 

“You know him?” the bartender asked her when she touched Yuri who was now too drunk to seat straight.

 

“I’m his wife” Victoria said without removing her eyes to Yuri..

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Kwon Jessica” Victoria lied as she shook Yuri’s arms.

 

“Oh good.. Yeah… his talking about you repeatedly” the bartender eyed her. “He’s been drinking since afternoon, murmuring stuff about you… take care of him better. Here’s the key to his car… I took it after his fifth glass”

 

“He’s been really stress out lately… Thanks..” Victoria took it.  “Ahm… can you help me bring to our car? It’s just outside” Victoria asked.

 

“Sure.. “ the man went out the bar and effortlessly lifted Yuri and assist them to the car.  Victoria thanked and paid Yuri’s bill after they have secured Yuri in the front seat.

 

Victoria looked at the man who was sleeping beside her… She sighed as she he touched his face lovingly. “You don’t have to be like this anymore Yuri, I’ll take care of you… I promise” She whispered as she lean down to plant a kiss to his lips.

 

“J-Jessica …” Yuri called with his eyes close.

 

“I’m here..” Victoria bit her lips as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter