They called us peasants. Again.

Terrified

Kyungsoo has always been a firm believer of first love that will last forever. He believes that when his heart has skipped a beat over that one person, it will keep skipping a beat for the rest of his life for that one guy. 

-----

"You watched too many Disney movies. I told you before that it's not good for you mentally." Yifan, his childhood friend, next-door neighbor, bestfriend, roommate and co-worker tells him while the both of them are lounging in the balcony of their apartment one lazy Sunday night, "When I switched to Mobile Suits and Gunblades, you should have done the same."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "In my defense, I tried. But I started dreaming about Heero Yuy and Squall Leonheart."

Yifan shakes his head, "Even then you've been into ? At least for a while there I think I jacked off over Quistis."

Kyungsoo growls and hits the back of Yifan's head, "Wow , we've been friends and unfortunately, inseparable our whole lives and you're asking me this now?" The wide eyed boy rolls his eyes, "Halfway of Final Fantasy, you were to Irvine anyway."

The other guffaws and waves his hand in the air, "In MY defense, I tried with the blond instructor with a whip! A blond with a whip! Duh!" Yifan laughs then suppresses his giggles, "Of course I've always known about you! Even your little crush on me."

"You? Ew. I've seen your when we're younger so no way."

Yifan takes a drag on his cigarette stick, "You can look at it again, just so you can be sure."

"Stop being a literal , Yifan." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and finishes his orange juice, "I'm gonna turn in, you should too. Remember that we're having that one-week team building with the Busan branch's employees."

"Damn it. I hate those kind of stuff." Yifan whines as he kills the last of his cigarette on the ashtray. He stands and walks back inside after Kyungsoo to turn in.

-----

Kyungsoo and Yifan are both creative directors in one of the top advertising companies in Seoul. They have the same level in position however, they have separate teams to accomodate the number of the clients of their company. They share their office with the 2 Marketing officers for each of them.

"Are they here yet?" Joonmyun, one of the Marketing officers under Kyungsoo rushes inside the office, the latter shakes his head, "Nope."

He sighs in relief, "My alarm didn't go off. Damn it." He whines as he settles on his desk. Luhan, another Marketing officer walks in from the pantry, "Just got a text from Sehun, they're almost here."

"Ever since you saw that kid's face on the website, you really went all out." Yifan comments as he edits a PSD file that he can show the creative director from Busan. "This is all your idea."

Luhan rolls his eyes, "Marketing strategy, asshat."

"Or a strategy for that kid to get in your pants." Yifan comments and Kyungsoo wails, "What the hell, Yifan!? It isn't always about getting laid!"

The doe-eyed Chinese laughs then sits on his desk, "But Yifan's right though. Looking at his face makes me go, Oh! Oh Sehun! Oh!"

Joonmyun, Yifan and Luhan laugh uncontrollably at Kyungsoo's horror-stricken face. "YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!!" He screams at the top of his lungs at 8 friggin' AM. It's too early for this kind of talk, too early for him to scream. Someone from behind them suddenly clears his throat and they see other guys looking at them. They're dressed in tailored suits, with their hair styled in a fashionable way, and good god. It's a bit too early for Seoul's Fashion week.

'It's too early for everything.' Kyungsoo thinks mentally.

"Sehun?!" Luhan jumps from his seat, cutting his thoughts. Realizing that the people from Busan has indeed arrive, the rest of them stands to greet them properly.

"Yeah, I'm Oh Sehun. I'm a Marketing officer for Busan along with him." Sehun pulls a dazed-looking Chinese next to him, "This is Zhang Yixing." Said guy shows them a dimpled smile, "Hello, guys! Sorry. I'm still sleepy."

"That's okay." Joonmyun smiles, "I'm Kim Joonmyun, also a Marketing officer."

"That means the four of us are working together, then?" Sehun asks, Luhan nods silently. "Nice."

"Are there only the two of you?" Kyungsoo asks and he can already feel Yifan doing a mental victory dance because the giant is an like that. Sehun shakes his head, "No, the creative directors went to the restroom for a bit. Tao hates traveling by train."

"I hate early mornings AND trains, excuse you."

Kyungsoo tilts his head to the side to find a tall, brooding red-haired Chinese walking towards them. He's not in suit but in a white wifebeater under a red plaid long-sleeved shirt. He's wearing black skinny jeans and converse. Kyungsoo thinks he's more of a runway model in casual clothes than a creative director.

"Why did we have to take the train anyway? It's too early." The redhead whines again, Kyungsoo awkwardly laughs, "Yeah, too early. Sorry about that. I'm Do Kyungsoo, one of the creative directors here."

"I'm Huang Zitao." Tao smiles, "And I don't blame you."

"And this is..." Kyungsoo starts as he pulls on Yifan's arm, "Y-Yifan! Wu Yifan. Creative director too."

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, Yifan doesn't stutter. And it's too early for that too.

"Sehun's a cheapskate, that's why we didn't take the plane." Tao mock-whispers and Sehun just growls next to him, "I heard that. By the way, where's Minseok-hyung?"

"Huh?" Tao turns around, "I swear he was just behind me!"

The three guys from Busan take out their phones and starts texting their friend. A few minutes later a huffing chubby-cheeked guy runs inside the department, he's wearing a jacket over a graphic tee, red skinny jeans and sneakers. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU LEFT ME THERE HUANG ZITAO AFTER I WENT WITH YOU!"

"Hyung, manners!" Tao tells him with a playful smirk, Minseok gasps. "Oh! Sorry! Sorry, not the best first impression! I'm Kim Minseok, sorry I was late."

"I-it's okay..." Kyungsoo tells him. He's stuttering too, and his heart is racing against his chest. "I'm excited to work with you guys!" Minseok exclaims and smiles widely. Kyungsoo gulps because he's sure his heart has skipped a beat seeing that smile.

'Dear Lord. It really is too early for everything.'

-----

Kyungsoo is half-glad, half-disappointed that Tao is the one assigned to him because he's sure he won't be able to work properly, or even just talk coherently if Minseok will be working with him one on one. These guys will be with them for a week, dear Lord. Kyungsoo won't survive.

"Hyung, you okay?" Tao cuts his thoughts, "You're spacing out." Kyungsoo smiles apprehensively, "I apologize for that. I'm just thinking."

"That's okay." Tao smiles then checks his watch, "I'm hungry." Kyungsoo checks his watch too, "It's only 10. Lunch break's in 2 hours."

Tao pouts, "This is Sehun's fault. I woke up waaaay too early for a 4-hour train ride. Train food , okay?"

"Hey, Tao." Yifan calls out from the next cubicle, "Let's grab something from the pantry. I'm sure there's snack there."

Tao lights up and stands eagerly, "Yey! Food! Thanks!" Yifan stands from his desk then looks at Minseok, "Go talk to Kyungsoo, hyung. I'm better than him, of course. Team Yifan all the way, but I'm hungry too."

"You ate like a friggin' pig this morning, Yifan." Kyungsoo comments, smirking at his bestfriend.

"I'M HUNGRY. Shut your mouth." Yifan glares at him then turns to leave with Tao. Only when Minseok is sitting next to him does he realize the sudden gravity of the situation. "They'll be gone for a while." Minseok mumbles, "That kid eats like a vacuum cleaner. He's got an endless pit for a stomach." He continues as he sets his laptop on the free space on Kyungsoo's desk, moving Tao's on Yifan's table.

"You and Tao are underdressed." Kyungsoo suddenly tells him, realizing a second too late how dumb and disconnected it is from what Minseok is saying. "Compared to Yixing and Sehun, I mean. Not in this office. We usually dress casual too." Kyungsoo tries to save himself even if he's drowning in his own pool of embarrassment. The other chuckles as he browses for some of his files, "You could say that but those two are just a little too overdressed sometimes. Tao and I actually don't want to walk with them because it's either they look like our bodyguards or we look like peasants next to them."

"Definitely peasants next to us." Sehun comments from behind Luhan's desk, "Yup. Peasants." Yixing adds as he looks at Joonmyun's monitor.

"Guys, I'm kind of outnumbered here since Tao's been seduced by food once again. As your hyung, bodyguards."

Yixing and Sehun laugh together, "As our hyung?" Sehun starts then just continues to laugh. "Don't make us laugh, Minseok-'hyung'. It just doesn't work." Yixing continues, still laughing.

Minseok grabs a couple of pencils from Kyungsoo's jar of pens, "I promise I'll replace these." He flashes a smile at the wide-eyed male who just nods because that smile is just too blinding for his own good. "Excuse me while I lose my nice guy image." Minseok adds then throws the pencils each on Sehun and Yixing - both hitting them on the head. The two groans in pain and the Marketing officers beside each of them laugh at their misery.

'Cute.' Kyungsoo thinks.

"What's cute?" Minseok asks as he turns to look at Kyungsoo as he adjusts his chair back in place. The younger's eyes widen more if that's possible, "Huh? What?"

"You said 'cute'."

Kyungsoo groans because he said it out loud enough for Minseok to hear. He tries to think of something to save himself from the second embarrassment he caused himself but it gets cut off when they hear Tao scream, "Incoming!"

Kyungsoo barely registers everything when he finds Tao flicking pencils on air. "You two picking on hyung again?"

"They called us peasants. Again." Minseok whines at Tao, and the other glares at their Marketing officers, "HOW DARE YOU?"

"Fine. We concede. One day, Minseok. One day!" Sehun grumbles, Yixing shoots him a devilish glare, "I swear, Minseok. One day we'll get wushu boy to our side."

"Team Creatives all the way, losers." Tao blows raspberry at the two then rummages on his bag, "I'll be back in 15 minutes. I just needed to get my wallet." The young Chinese tells Minseok then runs out of the office again.

"Sorry about that." Minseok starts with another of his blinding smiles, "We have the same office setup except Tao and I are behind their desks. So imagine when you enter through the door, 2 men in suits while us are casually behind them."

"True. They would look like bodyguards." Kyungsoo agrees with a sly smile. "High five on that!" Minseok raises his hand and waits for Kyungsoo to tap it. Minseok's small hand stays suspended on air for at least 3 seconds before Kyungsoo high fives him with all his courage.

"Anyway, shall we get back on this?" Kyungsoo asks, Minseok nods, "Yup! Start from the basic, because Yifan didn't say anything about how your branch works."

"What?"

"He just kept asking about Tao."

"Huh."

"Obviously has a crush on Tao." Minseok chuckles, "Luckily, Tao's single and would probably pounce on Yifan. Tao digs that bad boy look he's got."

"Oh."

'Are you single?'

"Yes."

"WHAT?!" Kyungsoo panics, because dear Lord you can take his soul now if he said that aloud too.

"I said yes. Tao loves that kind of guys."

If being relieved could kill, he's on the verge of dying now. He shakes his head and then just turns to his computer screen, "What do you wanna know?"

***

Tao and Yifan returns to the office 15 minutes later as promised with the redhead still munching on some chocolate chip cookies. Kyungsoo can smell a whiff of some ramyeon scent from Tao's hair when Minseok and him exchanges places again. Kyungsoo agrees with Minseok, this kid is perpetually hungry.

"What took you guys so long?" Kyungsoo asks and Zitao grins, "We had to run to the convenience store because the pantry was empty. I got you these." The younger hands him a bar of Snickers. "Yifan-ge said you like chocolates."

"Thanks." Kyungsoo mumbles, he looks over behind Tao and he sees Minseok hunched over his laptop. He must be staring a bit longer because the other catches him but instead of being oddly repulsed by the stare (as Kyungsoo would assume) Minseok smiles at him.

Kyungsoo smiles back.

The day stretches on and the usually chaotic office of the four just doubled the chaos now that the employees from Busan have comfortably settled with them. They have actually lost count how many times the employees from the other departments have come over to check if something's been broken or someone's been killed because of the noise coming from the room.

It's an hour before 5 and most of them are just playing games from their respective PCs when Joonmyun asks the question that Kyungsoo's been wanting to ask Minseok the whole day. "Where are you guys staying?"

"We booked a room in that hotel a block from here. All expense paid by the company." Yixing answers without looking up from his Spider Solitaire.

"How about food?" Yifan asks as he runs over 2 strippers and takes their dirt-money on his latest GTA for PC. "Well, company decided to give us a fixed allowance. Anything exceeding that will come from us personally. Because Zitao."

Zitao looks up from his sketchpad with a potato chip hanging from his mouth. He chews and swallows it first before whining in protest, "HEY! It's not my fault I'm always hungry. I do wushu! I lose stamina. I gain it back through food."

"How about I make us all dinner tonight? You can come to our place." Kyungsoo pipes in, "We can celebrate."

"That will be awesome!" Minseok looks up from his iPad, "Can we do samgyeupsal?"

Yifan widens his eyes from behind Minseok because he dreads the smell of grilled meat inside their apartment. It can't happen, it must not hap--

"Of course!" Kyungsoo agrees with a huge smile and it makes him happy to see that devilish glare on Yifan again. The other creative director motions strangling actions from where he's seated and Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes. He stands up and gathers his stuff, "I'm gonna go home now, and buy some grocery. Yifan is useless as a host anyway."

"Lemme come with you! I'm sure you'll need help!" Minseok stuffs his iPad in his bag and then carries it over his shoulder, how can Kyungsoo even say no?

"Ge~" Tao starts, turning to Minseok, "Buy me snacks."

"No. You'll ruin your dinner."

"Snacks!" Tao insists and Minseok stands his ground, "Come to our side and I'll give you food!" Yixing smirks, "Really?" Tao smiles mischievously. Yifan cuts in, "No. You're team Creatives. Team Awesome. I'll take care of your food."

"Yey! I'm not going to the boring side." Tao sticks his tongue out to his Marketing officers and sits next to Yifan. "I like you already Yifan-ge!"

Yifan scratches the back of his neck, "T-that's good to hear." Kyungsoo smiles to himself because the blush creeping at Yifan's cheeks is too red to ignore.

"Let's go." Minseok taps on Kyungsoo's shoulder and he nods to follow the older out.

-----

"Tao's like a little baby, no?" Kyungsoo asks as he compares the two balls of lettuce in each of his hands. He tries to be as casual as possible because damn it. He doesn't just have a little high school crush right now, he really feels like he wants to spend the rest of his life with Minseok.

"Yeah. He's our precious maknae." Minseok grabs the lettuce on Kyungsoo's left hand then takes another ball of the vegetable from the pile and puts it in the cart, "Well, technically, it's Sehun but that kid is a pain. Tao's just really adorable." He continues as he takes the lettuce on Kyungsoo's right hand and returns it to where the other lettuce are.

Minseok takes the pushcart from Kyungsoo and they go to another aisle. The wide-eyed male is getting antsy on how fast everything is progressing and how comfortable the other is to him even if he, himself, is getting more awkward around Minseok.

"Earth to Kyungsoo! Bzzt! Bzzt! Earth to Kyungsoo!" The older male calls out, waving his hand in front of Kyungsoo's face, "You okay?"

"Y-yeah." He smile awkwardly, Minseok pulls his wrist, "You're so little and adorable, Kyungsoo. Stay near me or you might get lost."

"A-adorable?" Kyungsoo repeats, and he's sure blood rushed up to the tips of his ears, Minseok ruffles his hair, "Yeah. Adorable. Come on. We have a hungry Zitao coming later."

They continue shopping for ingredients that they need, because really their apartment has nothing that can even be used for Minseok's request. All except the homemade kimchi Kyungsoo's mom sends them weekly. A few minutes around the grocery and Kyungsoo stops at the pasta aisle, Minseok walks backwards to see what he's up to. "Y-you know... I cook a mean kimchi spaghetti."

"Really? How about you cook it for me next time?" The older smiles then pulls Kyungsoo away from the pasta aisle, "W-well, you only have a week here."

"True. That's why we don't have to do everything tonight. Or for this matter, eat all we can. Besides..." Minseok puffs his cheeks in front of Kyungsoo, the latter chuckles, "You look like a baozi."

The older juts his lower lip, "I know. I look fat so I need to control what I eat." Kyungsoo bravely pats Minseok's cheeks, "Y-you don't look fat at all."

"Awesome." Minseok smiles again, and Kyungsoo pulls his hands away from the other's cheeks. He immediately takes the cart and pushes it towards the checkout counter seeing that everything they need is already in it.

-----

They decide to have dinner on the balcony, albeit a bit cramped for the 8 of them to fit in. Yifan stands in one corner smoking a cigarette, Zitao is next to him as they talk while Sehun and Luhan chat away across them from another corner. Joonmyun and Yixing are grilling the meat and the other two are inside preparing the other side dishes.

"So, Yifan and you?" Minseok starts as he peels away the lettuce and places it on a plate.

"No. Never." Kyungsoo shakes his head as he delicately put all the side dishes on different plates, "He's a few years older and our parents are neighbors and best friends from college. Technically, we became the best of friends, oddly. We're on the same grade when we were in high school because I got accelerated due to my high grades but yuck, him and I? Never."

"I guess as much. I mean, your roommate's practically all over our Zitao."

"Really?" Kyungsoo turns around to take a look at the balcony to where his bestfriend is, only to be met by Minseok's eyes and their faces inches away from each other. His heart is racing a mile a minute again, because really, with this proximity, all he can think of is closing his eyes and maybe get their lips to touch but that's too fast and too scary for Kyungsoo to do so. Minseok steps away immediately, "Sorry about that. I need another plate."

"T-that's okay." Kyungsoo turns around again so he can hide his blushing face from Minseok, because damn it! It's been less than 24 hours and this is what's happening to them now. Just, "Gaaaah!!" He screeches, and Minseok almost drops a plate, "What's wrong?!"

Kyungsoo shakes his head, "N-nothing. Sorry."

"Sure?"

"Yup!" Kyungsoo puts the side dishes on a tray, "Bring the lettuce out, please." He tells the older and he walks out to the balcony.

During dinner they learn more about the others personally and most about their work are thrown out of the conversation. They decide not to drink that night and save it for Friday so they won't have to show up wasted at work tomorrow. Three hours later, Kyungsoo and Yifan are seeing their friends out the door.

"You're obviously into Tao, Yifan." Kyungsoo tells him once they're cleaning the dishes, the taller shrugs, "We're just testing the waters. Nothing serious, okay? He's attractive and a nice kid."

"It's only been a day and you're already testing the waters?"

"They're only here a week. You know me, Kyungsoo. This is just another one of those..."

"Shut up. Don't remind me how much of an you are. That's why it scares me to fall in love. You're the epitome of why it's bad to be in a relationship."

"You make it sound like I'm a total bastard." Yifan laughs, "I was serious with Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol and you lasted 3 months."

"Well, he was a good and you know... The longest---"

"TOO MUCH INFORMATION!" Kyungsoo drops a plate in the sink and covers his ears.

"I was gonna say longest relationship I had compared to every one else, you moron." Yifan continues to laugh as he finishes the rest of the dishes to clean, "And you insist I'm the erted one between us."

"I've been with you long enough to know how your mind works, Yifan." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "I'm gonna turn in, I'm tired."

"Good night."

"By the way..." Kyungsoo stops by his bedroom door and looks at Yifan, "You can't deny the blush on your cheeks whenever you're with Tao. Just accept the fact that you agree with my belief on love."

"Shut up and go to sleep." Yifan doesn't have to turn around to let Kyungsoo know that his bestfriend is blushing while washing the dishes.

'Testing the waters my .'

-----

"I'm bored, Yifan. Aren't you?" Minseok grumbles next to him, but the other doesn't stir from where he's trying to finish 2 poster studies for Starbucks. The older tilts his head and looks at Yifan's monitor, "Coffee sounds nice right now. Come on, Yifan."

"Go ask Tao. I need to finish this. My client decided to be a and wants a meeting tomorrow. You should come too." Yifan explains and Minseok pouts. Leave it to Sehun for a ed up team building. For all he knows, team building would most definitely involve food, resorts or beaches. Games, singing, fun and not boring, corporate that they end up working the same stuff just in a different office and city.

Minseok turns and looks around the office to find someone who isn't too busy. Luhan and Sehun are undeniably too close for comfort if they're comparing their takes in marketing strategies, while Joonmyun and Yixing are out for a meeting. That leaves Kyungsoo and Zitao, but the younger is busy - sleeping on the table, and no he can't wake him up because of his childish tantrums when he's forced to wake up. Kyungsoo yawns next to Zitao and Minseok grins widely, he pulls on the other's wrist to stand him up, earning a small yelp from the smaller boy. "What's happening?" He asks as he's being dragged by Minseok out of the office, the latter turns to him with a grin, "I'm kidnapping you."

"What?"

"For coffee. Please, come on?"

"You could ask and not drag me." Kyungsoo tells him but doesn't take action to show any resilience of pulling away from Minseok.

Kyungsoo lets him drag him along the hallways of the office, because his hand is warm around his wrist and he wouldn't have said no anyway, no matter how busy he is at the moment. It's only 15 minutes of being pulled by Minseok but it must be longer for Kyungsoo and it's okay. He groans inwardly when the older releases him once they're both in front of the counter, "What are you ordering?"

"I don't like coffee and shoot. I don't have my wallet."

Minseok smiles and ruffles his hair, "I'm treating you, so what are you having then?"

"Hot chocolate."

"Alright. Grab a seat and I'll order for the both of us."

Kyungsoo nods and takes the table on the corner on the back of the cafe. It's 2 in the afternoon and they're not supposed to take coffee when it's only an hour after lunch break. He's still waiting when his phone vibrates and he almost drops the device when he finds Yifan's message.

From: Devil-incarnate
Damn, son. Taking notes from me, huh? Ditching work for a date. I'm proud, Kyungsoo. I really am.


He replies immediately, typing at lightning speed as Minseok approaches their table.

To: Devil-incarnate
It' s npt a datr! Yoi asdhole!


Kyungsoo presses send then puts his phone facedown on the table. "Who was it? Are they looking for us? Are we in trouble already?"

The younger shakes his head, "No. We're good. A quick hot drink won't hurt." Kyungsoo smiles, Minseok sits across him. The younger curses mentally when his phone vibrates again, Minseok urges him to take a look at his phone while he takes a sip of his coffee. If only Kyungsoo's at the office, Yifan's dead.

From: Devil-incarnate
Are you texting with your left hand? Right hand busy jerking your date off?


"Kyungsoo, you okay? You're nose is flaring."

"I will kill Yifan. I swear! Remind me to kill Yifan, please!" Kyungsoo slams his fist on the table their mugs almost topple over. Minseok chuckles, "You're so cute, do you know that?"

"W-what?"

"But yeah, sure I'll remind you later. I'll gladly be accessory to murder with you."

Kyungsoo knows he's blushing, and aside from Yifan, he kind of wants to kill Minseok too because he's being a bit too friendly and bordering flirty for the younger's own sanity. He hates where this is going because Kyungsoo's known Yifan for a long time and this is what his bestfriend does, he flirts, he plays and then ditches. Well, for the record, he knows Minseok is gonna leave on Friday but could he not do this? That's just unfair to Kyungsoo, because surely, he's been subtle enough for his little crush to not show. Aside that he's always blushing, but he can always blame the weather.

His own thoughts get cut off when Minseok starts talking about what happened in their hotel room last night, and how they were almost thrown out because Yixing continued knocking on someone else's door. He thought that the others locked him out as a joke but he got their room number mixed up. "He's quite forgetful, but he's really charismatic and gets his work done." Minseok comments and Kyungsoo nods to show his interest.

Kyungsoo doesn't add any input to the conversation, he just listens and sips on his hot chocolate, drinks large gulps so he can finish it immediately. He realizes that the longer they stay alone, the more he thinks his crush is growing, and it's scary because he doesn't want to get hurt with this.

"You're done already?" Minseok asks when he finds Kyungsoo's cup empty, the other nods so he finishes his own cup in a flash. "Well then, shall we go? Let's go murder that bestfriend of yours." The younger smiles and walks out, his companion follows him.

Yifan, Sehun, Minseok and Luhan go to the meeting the next day. Kyungsoo is busy with his design when Tao pokes his side, "Hyung..."

"Hmn?"

"... What do you think of Minseok-hyung?"

Kyungsoo raises an inquisitive eyebrow, "What I think of him? Why?"

Tao raids his bag for a snack, "He won't stop talking about you last night. I'm guessing he likes you." Kyungsoo doesn't know what he'll say especially since the young Chinese is talking about this so casually to him, "Kitkat?" Tao offers, and Kyungsoo rejects his offer. "So, what do you think of him?"

"H-he's a nice guy."

Tao nods, "Yeah, he is. You look cute together, by the way. Yifan-ge told me how he dragged you out yesterday."

"I'm sure he does it to everyone." Kyungsoo tries to tell him off with conviction. He turns away from Tao to continue with his work, but the younger continues to talk. "But he doesn't. Well, he's playful but he's not as playful to us as he is to you. I mean, given the amount of time we've all known each other. He's just comfortable with you and it's nice."

Kyungsoo can't assume that Minseok likes him through Zitao's words, he needs to divert the younger's attention, "Enough about me, how about you? How's things for you here in Seoul?"

"I don't like it here. The beach is far from the city." Tao answers nonchalantly, "I'd choose Busan in a heartbeat."

"I see." Kyungsoo nods, he guesses that maybe yeah, there really are people who just play, and Zitao could be playing along with Yifan too. The Korean shakes his head, he's not like them. He's always been a firm believer of love, of the first and the last. That's the sole reason he's had no boyfriend since birth, because the person he is going to love must be really worth it.

"Then again, who knows? I might like it here too." Tao sighs as he checks his phone, "It won't hurt to try."

Kyungsoo can never leave Seoul, his friends and family are here. So him and Minseok are definitely not gonna work out since distance, a 4-hour train ride or an expensive plane ticket will be going against them. The wide-eyed Korean sighs, because he doesn't want to think about these kinds of things anymore, but at the back of his head, he also wants to see this through to the end but his fear of being closer and maybe a little intimate with Minseok gets the better of him. His thoughts are cut off when the other half of their team arrive, "All that coffee talk and they didn't even offer us a double venti? I'm done with my tall cappuccino 10 minutes into that meeting." Sehun complains, "They're cheapskates."

"You're one to talk." Minseok rolls his eyes, then looks at Kyungsoo, "Hey, Soo."

Kyungsoo looks up from his monitor, "Y-yeah?"

"Come on. Let's grab our own fix downstairs."

The wide-eyed male stands from his chair and takes his wallet, "Okay."

"I told you, hyung." Tao whispers with a grin. The other tries his best to glare at the Chinese boy but he just shrugs, and takes the cake Yifan has brought him.

The two walks out of the room, Kyungsoo tries his best to be calm about this even if he knows he's dragging his heart on the floor as they walk side by side. "Uh, h-how was the meeting?"

"It's really different from what Yifan's telling me he does and how he really presents himself with a client. He's too intimidating." Minseok laughs nervously, "Even I won't say argue with his design."

"He uses that face of his to good use." Kyungsoo comments and he hears Minseok chuckle comfortably next to him. They talk more about the meeting and the what-nots until they both have their orders and have settled down on the same table they occupied yesterday.

"Can you believe it, Soo? It's already midweek!" The older excitedly exclaims, "And all the team building Sehun and Luhan came up with only happened inside your office."

"Did you have a specific plan? What were you expecting?"

"Well, I'm used to the beach, but maybe a recreational area of sort where everyone gets to have fun. I'm the only one having fun here."

"You are? You sound like you're complaining." Kyungsoo responds before taking a sip of his hot choco. "I am. I spend it with you." Minseok tells him and Kyungsoo chokes on his drink, burning his tongue and throat. "Soo! Are you okay?!"

Kyungsoo shakes his head and starts wiping the sides of his mouth, some of the dark brown liquid spills on his dress shirt and Minseok apologizes over and over for it. "Did I say something wrong?"

"Let's just go back." Kyungsoo stands and walks ahead, Minseok runs after him. "Come on, Soo. What's wrong?"

"I just need to finish something." He lies then walks further ahead. The older watches Kyungsoo hop on to the elevator immediately, it closes and leaves Minseok on the lobby. For the rest of the day, Kyungsoo ignores Minseok and the older reluctantly complies to what happened.

It's late that night when Kyungsoo knocks on Yifan's bedroom door. He goes in when Yifan tells him to do so. His bestfriend is reading a book about Busan on his bed, with his nerdy glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

"Yifan, I need your help."

"I'm not jerking you off. Use your left hand so it would feel like another person doing you." The giant tells him without looking up from his book, Kyungsoo's totoro plush toy slams on his face as a response. "Seriously, Wu Yifan!"

"Alright, alright. Pants down, if you really insist." Yifan puts down his book and looks at the raging Kyungsoo standing by his doorframe. The taller laughs and rolls over on his bed, gasping for air. "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. I'm sorry. I'll be serious. What is it?"

"I'm not sure I wanna talk to you now though." Kyungsoo grumbles, Yifan stops laughing, heaving as he steadies his breath. The taller pats his bed, "No, Kyungsoo, what is it?"

Kyungsoo pads his way on the bed and sits on it. "I'm sure you're not even the right person to talk to about this."

"Dude. It's 9:30 PM. You have 30 minutes until my beauty sleep, spill or I'm gonna kick you out."

"Such best friend you are."

"29."

"Yifan, I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"I think I like Minseok."

"So, what's stopping you? He looks like he's interested." Yifan removes his glasses, crosses his arms across his chest and leans on the wall, "He seems nice too."

"Isn't it a little too fast for the both of us, though? And he's so much like you."

"What do you mean? I'm a freaking god and he's like... I don't know? God of baozis?"

"I think he's too flirty and I really don't want to fall for someone who plays with people's feelings, that's why I kind of hate you..."

"Such best friend you are."

"But I'm happy about you and Zitao though."

Yifan shakes his head, "There's nothing between us. And this isn't about me and him, it's about you and Minseok. What are you so scared of? Isn't this what you always believed in?"

"He's leaving on Friday. We've known each other 3 days and I'm feeling something so strongly about him already. I can't have that. Not when he's leaving, and I'm scared that what if I get hurt in the end? What if I'm the only one feeling this way because he's really a player too?"

"Snow White didn't question anything when she woke up after a prince kissed her. She just went with him, and she had her happily ever after. Even Aurora, she slept through the whole ordeal, woke up after Phillip's kiss went back to the castle to get married. Cinderella got the prince of her dreams after one dance."

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, Yifan continues, "Take that risk, Kyungsoo. Be a princess. That came out wrong, but you know." Yifan extends a hand and ruffles Kyungsoo's hair, "I guess, that's what's different about fairy tales and reality. Real people try harder."

"Thank you. I'll think about this." Kyungsoo stands, then head to the door but he turns to look at Yifan playfully, "You watch too much Disney movies too."

"Guilty pleasure. Goodnight, Kyungsoo."

-----

By thinking, Kyungsoo means being a coward and decides to just completely ignore Minseok again that Thursday. Yifan feels a little disappointed but he knows that Kyungsoo is still thinking about things. A little after lunch, Joonmyun, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Yifan are called out by their boss and the other four are left behind in the office. "I'm gonna go down for coffee. Want to come with me?" Minseok asks his friends, Tao stands, "I'll go with you."

They're walking silently until Tao breaks it, "Did something happen between you and Kyungsoo-hyung?"

"I said something yesterday, he choked then spilled his drink and it might be his favorite dress shirt so he's angry at me."

"... What did you say?"

"That I'm the only one having fun with this 'team building' because I'm spending it with him."

Tao chuckles, "You're still a loser when it comes to this."

"I've never been good at dating, you know this. We've been friends since college and you know how I feel about relationships."

"Yeah, your heart skips a beat for that one person only and that kind of cheesy stuff. Oh! Did it...? For Kyungsoo-hyung?"

Minseok nods, "I tried to be bold about everything, even if I'm too scared. You have no idea how much courage it takes me to touch him. I try to be cool when asking him out but inside I'm melted goo."

"You should tell him. We're leaving tomorrow."

"What if he's not interested?"

Tao grins, "I'm sure he is."

"How about you and Yifan?"

"We're nothing like that." Tao waves his hand in front of his face to divert attention but the reddening of the younger's ears doesn't escape Minseok's eyes.

Twenty minutes later they're back to the office, Tao bought a tall order of americano for Yifan, Minseok buys Kyungsoo's usual drink. Unfortunately, the other 4 aren't still back from their own meeting. "How about us?" Sehun asks, Tao scoffs, "You have two feet. Go downstairs."

Yixing checks his watch, "It's almost time to go anyway, and I'm bored. Let's go home."

They pack their bags and leave but not without Minseok writing a note on Kyungsoo's cup.

The other four returns to the office an hour later. Yifan drinks his cold americano despite losing its warmth, Kyungsoo stares at the cup, 'I'm so sorry. I hope you don't stay mad at me for too long.'

Kyungsoo decides to take the cup back home with him.

Friday rolls around unceremoniously, Kyungsoo leaves earlier with Joonmyun to help him prepare for that night's dinner and little send-off party for the Busan employees. Minseok is devastated by the fact that though Kyungsoo seems okay with him now, he's still bummed that the younger is a little colder to him.

"Minseok." Yifan calls out his attention, "Do you like my bestfriend?"

"Yes."

"You have to try a little harder. He's got me as a role model for guys, and I'm not perfect in that department. I play around and he's being reluctant about relationships because of me."

Minseok rests his chin on his palm, "You must be a total ."

"I was."

Minseok raises an eyebrow, "Was?"

"A-am. I still am."

"Huh."

"Anyway," Yifan stretches his arms and shuts down his computer, "See you guys later." He bids the rest goodbye and leaves the office.

The dinner slash party goes nicely for the 8 of them, Kyungsoo notices how Yifan and Zitao are very distant from each other too so maybe Yifan is still the same. Sehun and Luhan are lost in their own world while the other two are just drinking and laughing on the floor. "Kyungsoo, can we talk?" Minseok asks after he approaches Kyungsoo from the kitchen. "Sure, talk." The other tells him as he continues to wash the dishes. "Uhm, not here and much appreciated if you're looking at me."

Kyungsoo removes his gloves and the two of them walk to the balcony. Minseok closes the door behind them. He sighs heavily before starting, "I like you Kyungsoo." The other just stares at him wide-eyed in complete silence, Minseok feels conscious about it and scratches on his arms as he continues, "I, I know we barely know each other but I want to know more about you if you'd let me."

"You're leaving tonight, Minseok."

"It's just Busan."

Kyungsoo shakes his head, "I know, but what kind of relationship will this be if you're not with me?"

Minseok bows his head and sighs, "Won't you at least try? We can make it work."

Kyungsoo knows he's being stubborn and stupid but he stands his ground, "I can't. I'm sorry."

Minseok looks at him, "Why can't you?"

"I'm scared, okay? Distance and barely seeing each other scares me most if we're doing this."

The older sighs, "Do you, even just a bit, feel the same way about me?"

Before Kyungsoo can answer, Sehun pops in, "Hyung, we have to leave. Yixing's drunk and we have to sober him up before our train leaves in 3 hours."

Minseok glares at Sehun then walks to the door, he doesn't even give Kyungsoo another glance as the other four leaves their home. Yifan cleans the place in silence, Kyungsoo helps him but they don't talk to each other until the both of them settle in their own bedrooms.

Kyungsoo is tossing and turning on his own bed, thinking of ways to rewind everything. He feels bad and has caused his own heartbreak all because he's not brave enough to be with Minseok, or even braver to tell him that yes he indeed likes him too. He must be lying awake for an hour now when he hears something outside his bedroom. He's not sure but he thinks someone is crying from the other side of the door.

Cautiously, and silently he opens the door to his bedroom but doesn't exit when he finds a crying Tao clinging onto Yifan while the taller soothes him by whispering things Kyungsoo can barely hear. He walks quietly back to his bedroom and lies back on his bed. He feels proud and envious of his bestfriend, he wonders if he can be as courageous as Yifan when it comes to the person he likes, then again, what can he do? He wasn't able to answer Minseok and he's broken both their hearts, what else can he expect from the other?

The days go by, and by Wednesday, he and Yifan find themselves on their balcony again, "Hey, Kyungsoo."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm getting transferred." Yifan takes a drag of his cigarette, "I'm moving to China, I'll leave on Friday."

Kyungsoo pouts, "Really? That's kinda sad, we've never been apart."

"You'll be okay." Yifans smiles, "I'm sure you will."

The four of them go to dinner the next night to send off Yifan, he watches his bestfriend pack his bag once they get home. "Isn't that bag too small for China though?"

"I'm just gonna buy more clothes there. I hate bringing a lot of stuff anyway." Yifan tilts his head to the boxes on the floor, "I'll have those shipped one day."

"Who's gonna replace you?"

"He'll come on Monday. You'll like him."

"You talked to him?"

"Uh-huh." Yifan closes his bag, "I needed to give him some last minute instructions before I leave. I don't want my clients getting a ty creative director replacing me."

"I'm sorry I won't be able to take you to the airport tomorrow."

"No problem." Yifan smiles at him, "I'll call you on Monday. Let me settle down on the weekends."

"Alright."

It kind of feels different for Kyungsoo to be alone inside the apartment he's shared with Yifan for years. He wonders if Yifan will be keen on the idea of renting the other half of the place because it's kinda expensive for him to shoulder the expenses on his own.

He spends the rest of the weekend cleaning out Yifan's room. It's not completely empty but most of his clothes are in boxes already. Some of his other trinkets are still there but most are already kept away. And now that he's alone, he thinks of Minseok - he sighs as he remembers the ultimate regret of just letting his fear get the best of him.

"Alright, maybe he's not the one." He tells himself hoping his heart believes it.

-----

Kyungsoo walks to the office to find it empty, looks like Luhan and Joonmyun will be late again. He rolls his eyes and gets a huge surprise when he finds his usual chocolate drink on the table. He lifts it up and furrows his brows when he finds a message on the cup.

'Let's work well together, please?'

Kyungsoo gasps, because the handwriting is familiar and pretty similar to the same coffee cup by his bedside table. He hears the door open and he turns around to find Minseok leaning against the doorframe, "I still have to try your kimchi spaghetti, Kyungsoo."

"What are you doing here?"

"I got transferred here as Yifan's replacement."

"WHAT? But he's in China!"

Minseok laughs, "That's what he told you?"

Kyungsoo nods his head, "He's not there?"

"Nope. He's in Busan, we kind of exchanged everything. He's living with Tao now."

"Everything?"

"Well, yes. I kind of..." Minseok shows a set of keys, "I'm going to be your roommate now."

Kyungsoo's blood rushes to every nerve of his body, because Minseok's here and everything's gonna be okay. "But, there's one thing though." Minseok pushes himself from the doorframe and walks in front of Kyungsoo, "You never answered my question that night."

The wide-eyed male bites his lower lip, "I only say it when I mean it."

Minseok raises an eyebrow, "So...?"

"I like you too." Kyungsoo smiles, never mind the blush on his cheeks, "I think we can restart everything from here."

"I'd love that." Minseok holds out his hand and Kyungsoo takes it, "Where are we going?"

"We need to get you another cup of drink."

"But I already have..."

Minseok removes his hand from Kyungsoo and wraps it over the latter's shoulder to hold him closer, "That's been there for an hour, I've been so excited to see you that I came here way too early."

"Ohhh." Kyungsoo smiles and pushes himself closer to Minseok's chest. Minseok phone's ring and he answers it, "Yeah. He knows, he knows. Thanks man. I owe you this."

"Yifan?" Kyungsoo whispers, Minseok nods. He grabs Minseok's phone from him, "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!"

'I'm your bestfriend, I want to make you happy too. You don't have to be scared anymore.'

"Yeah, I know that I won't have to. Thank you."

'Make sure he's worth it.'

"I already know he is." Kyungsoo smiles and returns the phone to Minseok. "Yo, Yifan. Make sure Tao eats healthily, okay? He tends to snack on."

'I eat healthy, Minseok. I'm sure he can eat me anytime without a problem.'

"GOD. NO WONDER KYUNGSOO HATES MANKIND!" Minseok drops the phonecall as the both of them reach the elevator, Kyungsoo chuckles. "You'll get used to him, Minseok."

"I'd rather get used to this, though."

"To this?"

Minseok pulls Kyungsoo and gives him a quick kiss on the lips, "To this."

Kyungsoo smiles, "Yeah... I'd rather get used to this too."


-----------------------------

Author's Notes: Might be the only non-major pair for They're Playing our Song challenge. I'm sorry if there are inaccuracies on both Minseok and Kyungsoo, it's my first time to write them both as main characters. I havent even read a fic where Minseok is part of the main pair too.

And i had to add TaoRis, you cant blame my shipping heart because OTP feels, yo!