A Little Time With You

A Little Time With You

 

“Eonni !” you screamed at Ji Hyo in disbelief as she blanketed whole body and turned away from you.

 “Eonni! Ireona! We’re not finished yet! ” You kicked the bed. You stood rooted for a second digesting all the words she had lashed out at you. Something about a rumor saying that Gary liked you and you liked him back. You stood in awe and dumbfounded. How could you not know about this?! Most importantly, the rumor wasn’t even true !

“I’m through with you!” Ji Hyo screamed from under her Pororo blanket.

“Arrgh !” you screamed out as you made your back to your study area. As soon as you sat down, you rested your elbow on the table and started to pull your hair in frustration.

Joong Ki who happened to witness the entire fight between you and Ji Hyo, continued to read his book quietly.

The thought of having Joong Ki living under the same roof as you has been a slight bother. Maybe it was because there was no other dormitories available ? But how could that be ? Maybe he volunteered to share a house with the ladies, like his nickname, invented by you and Ji Hyo every time you want to talk about him freely, Sunflower Byuntae.

Out of a sudden, Joong Ki chuckled followed by a long deep sigh. You turned to look at him in irritation from between your arm and right shoulder.

“What’s up with you?” you aksed him.

He looked up from his books to look at you. His eyes so calm yet it showed a hint of guilt. He smiled but it wasn’t the usual cheerful smile. “Nothing, I’m just reading something funny,” he said. You started to wonder what he was thinking.

You looked away from him and started to gather your thoughts. You had a lot to think of. Where are you going to sleep tonight ? The Queen sized bed which is supposed to be shared by you and Ji Hyo was taken up by Ji Hyo due to her stubbornness and arrogance. How are you going to clear this rumor ? How are you going to clear up the mess with Ji Hyo ? All this stress and pressure gave in to a pounding migraine.

You stood up in a flash and got very dizzy all of a sudden. Swaying after swaying, you decided to make your way to the kitchen to grab some medicine but unfortunately, for tripped and knocked your head hard on the polished wooden door of the bedroom. Joong Ki whom was busy reading, head the loud thud and rushed to your side while hot headed Ji Hyo had fallen fast asleep.

“Yun Joo ah, gwenchana ? Does it hurt a lot?” Joong Ki asked as he put his arms around your torso for support.

 “Ah, pain…” you groaned as you touched your now red and half swollen forehead. Your body suddenly turned weak and the migraine became worse. Your vision started to blur as tears starts to get collected on your bottom eyelids.

“Get up, let’s get you some medicine,” Joong Ki said while repositioning himself to carry you bridal style to the living room.

“Stop, I can walk on my own…” you said with quivering voice, tugging on his cardigan.

“In this condition? Dream on,” he joked carrying you in his arms and out the door he went.

For a moment, you felt so secure and safe in his arms. It felt so warm with comfort and assurance that everything was going to be alright. With a few steps across the living room, Joong Ki placed you on a sofa.

“Wait here,” he said as he went to the kitchen. You can barely even move now and all you did while waiting was falling to sleep.

You woke up in shock to the icy cold temperature on your forehead. You backed your head in reflex and saw Joong Ki so close in front of your face with a towel in his hand, gently tapping on the bruise on your forehead.

“Stop moving around,” he said and grabbed the back of your head to prevent you from backing away as he pressed the cold towel on your head.

“I don’t want it! It’s too cold!” you argued but Joong Ki held your head and pushed it nearer to him, threatening to kiss you if you didn’t stop moving about. Your eyes turned wide as saucers as you looked at him in surprise.

“Then stop moving...” he whispered to you.

“No,” you moved your head back again. “It’s too cold...” you said in a blank expression.

“At least this works okay? It’s going to heal that big bruise on your head.” He said again.

“Can’t I just eat the painkiller?” you argued.

“Fine,” Joong Ki gave in and placed down the cold towel and took the painkillers and a cup of water to you.

You took the medicine without a word and after that, lay your head on the headrest of the sofa with your whole body facing towards Joong Ki.

“Are you feeling better now ?” he asked you as he laid his head on the headrest with his body turned to face you.

You nodded.

“Are you cold?” he asked again.

You shook your head.

“Are you still in pa-”

“A little, but not much and I’m very tired… So yeah,” you said with eyes closed trying to avoid his questions and let out a small chuckle.

“Arasso,” he answered. You could sense him smiling as well as something up his sleeve. Then, you felt your head being lifted and moved. You wonder where he would place your head and it turned out to be on his warm bare shoulder.

You decided not to say anything in fear that it would ruin the whole entire moment as well as make it awkward. However, it was not helping when you felt so closed in. You opened your eyes and saw Joong Ki closing in on you attempting to make a move. You lowered your head. Joong Ki on the other hand was treating it as thought it was a game. The lower you get, the more chance he got to go closer to you and to snuggle you. It was up to a point when you two almost kissed, when Joong Ki head you on the forehead especially on the bruise.

“Ouch! It hurts!” you raised your voice slightly so as not to wake up sleeping Ji Hyo and cause a whole new trouble.

“Oops, sorry.” Joong Ki apologized then backed away.

“It’s getting cold, you should sleep inside.” Joong Ki continued as he pulled you up from the sofa.

“Right, then squeeze in ?” you said in a sarcastic manner.

“No, sleep on my bed. I’ll sleep on the floor.” he smiled at you.

“NO. It’s your bed anyways, I’ll sleep on the floor.” You argued.

“Either it’s me or both of us,” he smirked.

You gulped and eyed him suspiciously.

“Arasso, I’ll be on top. Thanks though,” you gave him a meek smile.

As soon as you both made a decision, you went back to the room. You set up Joong Ki’s bed getting ready to sleep in while he is setting up the mattress.

“Goodnight oppa,” you wished him.

“Good-,” his words was interrupted by Ji Hyo’s habit of namecalling in her sleep.

“Gary oppa, don’t go.. Oppa.. stay.. Oppa…”

Both of you chuckled silently to yourselves.

“As I was saying, goodnight dongsaeng ah. Don’t ever be disheartened during times like this okay ? Everything’s gonna be alright,” he said.

You smiled to yourself replaying those words in your mind then falling asleep.