Please don't go..

Please Don't Go

Sunmi's POV:

I'm right here, staring at his sleeping figure. I'm completely fine and healthy while he is fighting for his life.

Himchan-ah, wake up.. I know you're strong. You can do this.. Please, open your eyes...

{Flashback}

From: Himchannie♡

Sunmi-ah, meet me at the park,

I have something to tell you.

The text message read. It was from my boyfriend, Himchan. I wonder what he's gonna tell me. I prepared myself and headed to the park. I saw him sitting on the park playing with his fingers. 

"Yeobo!" I called. He seemes startled so I ran to him and hugged him. We sat on the bench and I started to talk. 

"Yeobo, what is it you're going to tell me?" I asked while linking arms with him.

"..Yeobo.." He called. I looked at him with a questioned look. He removed my arms in his and stood up from his seat.

"I'm getting bored.." From the look on his face, his serious. He's not even looking at me.

"B-bored? C'mon, let's go to the mall!" I tried to cheer him up and grabbed his hand but he stopped me and held my wrist.

"No.." This time he looked at me. "I'm..bored.. of us." He looked irritated.

"Are you kidding?" I asked in disbelief. He shook his head.

"Sunmi, I'm serious." He firmly said. He sighed before saying

"Let's break up."

I felt tears filling my eyes. But then, I blinked to stop them from falling. I forced a smile at him. "Fine.. if that's what you want." 

What can I do? He doesn't love me anymore. I can't be selfish.. Might as well let him go..

 

-NEXT DAY-

 

I walked out of my house. I'm bored so I decided to go out and buy something to cheer me up. Going with myself won't hurt right?

I decided to buy some ice cream since the weather is hot. After I bought some ice cream, I headed to the park. My smile awhile ago faded away. The sight I am seeing now ripped my heart into pieces.

Himchan was hugging another girl.

The ice cream I am holding just fell unintentionally.

Huh.. seems like he found another girl that's why he broke up with me. 

They didn't see me as they pulled away from each other. 

But wait..

Why does it look like they're crying?

Aish.. It's none of my business. I sat in one of the swings. This place is where we usually hang out. I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone rang.

Hmm? A voice message? From him?

Curious, I pressed the 'play' button.

"Sunmi-ah, before listening to this message, I know you probably think I'm a jerk. Breaking up with you for no reason. But the truth is it kills me for doing that, but it will hurt me more to see you suffering because of me. *sigh* . Listen Sunmi, I have a heart disease. If you're listening to this, my sister probably sent this to you because I've gone through an attack and I'm probably in the hospital right now. But-"

I immediately paused the message and ran to the nearest hospital. How would I know? I just saw him a few minutes ago! He can't be that far away.

When I got in the hospital, I immediately asked the nurse if they have a patient named "Kim Himchan". She told me the room number.

I hurriedly ran towards that room, people staring at me but I don't care. I stopped infront of his room.

Slowly, I brought my hand up to the doorknob and twisted it to open the door.

And there he is.. lying unconscious on the hospital bed with a monitor showing his heartbeat. 

-End of Flashback-

I snapped out of my memory lane when the doctor came in.

"Doc, how is he? When is he going to wake up?" I bombarded the doctor with questions.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but, he's getting worse. He might not able to wake up."

Tears immediately spilled out of my eyes, sobbing lightly, thinking the doctor left.

"But please do stay by his side. It might help him." He continued but I was too absorbed in crying so I didn't hear him.

After a few moments, I sat down in the chair beside the bed.

"Himchan-ah, what happened to you? Why are you being like this?" I sobbed as if he's going to respond to me. But, I wish he will.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't do anything."

"I can only hold your hand and look at you like this."

"..But.. You should have told me and you shouldn't have broke up with me." I raised my voice.

"Do you even care about how I felt? I'm hurt! You made me feel like I'm a worthless girlfriend! Am I Kim Himchan?!"

 

Himchan's POV:

She may not know it but I can hear every word she's saying. You don't know how much I want to hug you and stop you from crying. But my stupid body won't let me.

What can I do? My body is physically paralyzed but my mind is still alert and my heart is still beating for you.

What can I say? You thik I'm asleep but I'm not. 

As much as I want to move, I can't. I want to say sorry for making you feel like that and for hurting you. I didn't mean to..

I felt her hand release mine. 

No.. please don't do this..  Please hold my hand again.. Please don't leave me like this..

If you leave, I might die.

Please don't go..

But it's too late.. I already heard the door close then the room got silent.

 

Sunmi's POV:

I can't take it anymore.. I released his hand from my hold then stared at him for awhile.

I wanted to stay with him, but a part of me said that I should leave him because if I stay with him, he's the one who's gonna leave me and I'll just end up getting hurt.

So I ran out of the room wiping my tears in the process. I went straight back to the park. I sat down in one of the swings again, reminscing the fun times we had..

I took out my phone to look out some pictures. But I saw that the voice message he sent is still there.

Oh, I haven't finished listening to it yet.. But I decided to do that later.

I looked at my gallery, which is full of our pictures. 

We really looked silly at some pictures. I unknowingly smiled.

A few moments later, I finally decided to listen to the unfinished message. I pressed the "resume".

"But always remember that I didn't mean to hurt you or make you feel worthless. Sunmi-ah. I want to ask you this one favor. If ever I'll be in a coma, please always stay by my side so that I'll have the encouragement to fight and wake up. This may sound a bit corny but if you'll leave, I might die."

My eyes widened. But the message isn't over yet.

"Ryu Sunmi, always remember that you're the only girl in my heart. You're the only one I love. And I will love you no matter what happens. Yeobo, I love you so much."

That's it. The message is over. For the nth time of the day, I ran back to the hospital. I don't care if my legs hurt. I just want to see my boyfriend's side and wait for him to wake up.

Hurriedly, I opened the door but I was shocked to see that the room is empty. The bed is neatly made.

"Miss?"

I turned around and saw a nurse. 

"Oh, uhh.. where is the patient? Did he switch room? or he's undergoing some tests?" I asked, or more like removing my negative thoughts away. The nurse stayed quiet.

I silently prayed that what I'm thinking is not happening. 

"I-I'm sorry to tell you but.. he's gone.." She trailed off.

Being stubborn, I decided not to believe her. 

"No, you're lying.. Tell me the truth.."

"B-but miss, I am. Right after you left, his heartbeat increased and increased, it seems like he had an attack." She explained.

"H-how can that happen?" 

"Well, his eyes may be closed and may look like he's sleeping but his brain is completely active."

"W-where is he?"

She sighed. "Please follow me." 

After awhile, we stopped. 

"He's in there, I'll go ahead now."

"Thank you.." I bowed then she left.

I took a deep breath then opened the door.

There he is. 

Lifelessly laying in the bed. His red, plump lips are now pale. His once energetic body is now laying lifeless. 

He's really gone..

My knees gave up on me. I ended up kneeling beside the bed. I took his hand, and talked to him.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry I left you.. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you need me the most. I'm an ungrateful idiot. You were always there for me when I needed you. You were the one who cheered me up when I am feeling so down. You were the one who stayed up all night just to look out for me when I was sick. Not caring about your own health just for me to recover fast. But when you asked me a favor to just stay by your side and wait for you to wake up, where was I? I was out there, thinking about no one but myself, thinking on how I will just end up hurting myself for not leaving you." I sobbed. 

"If I didn't become so selfish, you may be still alive right now. Heck, YOU WILL BE alive right now. I'm really sorry."

I looked up to his face and caressed his cheek.

"And what I hate the most about myself right now, is I almost shouted at you. I made it looked like I was about to hate you when I could've told you  how much I love you."