Limited Edition

Limited Edition

            “Soo Yeon, please talk to me!” Luna cried out as she followed Soo Yeon to her locker. “If you won’t talk to anyone else, at least talk to me!”

            Soo Yeon held her breath, clamped her lips together, shut her eyes, and banged her palm against her locker door.

            Luna shut up and her eyes grew wide.

            Soo Yeon exhaled loudly and let her hand fall to her side. “I’m sorry, Luna.” She looked at her best friend. “My mind’s just really messed up right now. I didn’t mean to do that.”

            Luna looked at her sadly and gave her a hug. “It’s okay. You need to get some rest; your eyes are still puffy.”

            Soo Yeon smiled at her. She opened her locker, and out came a piece of paper folded into four. She stared at it on the ground.

            Luna kept silent. They both knew who it was from.

            In silence, Soo Yeon took out her books and closed her locker. She looked again at the paper and picked it up.

            “Soo Yeon…”
            She bit her lower lip in irritation. In one swift motion, she clenched her hand into a fist, crumpling the note. She walked to the trash bin and dumped it in.

            “Soo Yeon…” Luna said again.

            She shook her head and looked at the ceiling, feeling her face heat up and moist in her eyes.

 

            When they reached the classroom, Soo Yeon looked at no one. Not at Luna, who was right beside her; not at Eli, to whom she had so much to apologize for; not at Yo Seob, who was hesitant to look at her; and not at her classmates, who most likely had heard about the previous evening already.

            She went straight to her seat and, still refusing to look at or talk to anyone, rested her head on the tabletop.

 

            Eli watched Soo Yeon from the doorway. The class was done, and half the room was empty. She was still sitting on her chair, staring blankly ahead.

            He glanced at Yo Seob, who was looking at her from his seat with sadness and worry in his eyes.

            He looked back at her, and she was already picking up her bag. He tried to smile at her as she came to him.

            “I’m so sorry, Eli, for last night.”

            “It’s no problem,” he said to her.

            She put a hand in her pocket. “Here, I owe you for the meal.”

            Eli held her arm. “It’s okay. My treat.”

            Soo Yeon looked at him for a while. “Okay. Thanks,” she muttered blankly.

            He was startled. He expected her to smile, even a little. He gulped and said slowly, “Hey, about Yo Seob—”

            “Please don’t mind him. If he’s getting in the way of anything, tell me—”

            “It’s not that,” he broke her off. “I was thinking,” he whispered, “maybe you could talk to him?”

            She stared at him.

            “I think I understand where he’s coming from. I think I know why he’s doing what he’s doing. Please forgive him.”

            Her eyes burned as she looked at him. She pulled away from his hold and gritted her teeth together. “With all the crazy things he’s done, you want me to do what? Haven’t you seen enough of what he’s been doing? Aren’t you fed up with all his antics?”

            Eli remained silent, taking in all her words.

            “I am so sick and tired of him! He was bad enough before, but he crossed the line when you came! Aren’t you one bit annoyed that he ruined last night? He’s driving me insane and every time I see him I want him to be a million miles away from me!” She looked at him through misty eyes. “I hate him and you want me to forgive him?” She bit her lower lip and clenched her hand into a fist. Gathering all her strength, she punched him straight in the stomach.

            Eli’s jaw tightened, but otherwise he didn’t flinch.

            A sob escaped and tears ran down her cheeks.

            He pulled her close to him and put his arms around her. Leaning forward, he whispered in her ear, “I only want what’s best for you. I don’t want to see you get hurt and cry again.”

            Soo Yeon’s sobs grew louder as she cried into his jacket.

            He kept her in his arms.

            She pulled away moments later, her eyes redder and puffier.

            Eli wiped the stray tears from her cheeks and eyes and offered a warm smile.

            “I’m sorry, Eli. I might have stained your jacket.”

            “It’s alright.”

            She took in a deep breath and sighed. “I’ll try, for you.”

            He smiled again. “Thank you. Please start with this.” He opened his palm to reveal the note Soo Yeon threw away earlier.

            She looked at the paper, sighed again, and put it in her pocket. “For you, for you,” she uttered as she left the room.

 

            Eli sighed and took off his jacket.

            Yo Seob approached him. “Eli.”

            He looked at him. “I did it for her.”

            “I know. Thank you. And… I’m sorry.”

            Eli nodded. “Those are the words you need to tell her.”

            Yo Seob sighed. “I will… soon.”

            He smiled. “Is History your next class?”

            Yo Seob laughed. “Yeah.”

            “Let’s go.”

            The two went to their next classroom together, talking about a handful of things.

 

You’re A Lucky Girl If A Guy…

…listens when you complain

…hugs you when you punch him

 

--------

a/n: I think this is my favorite chapter so far <3 Thanks to everyone who's reading! Silent readers, pleeeease speak up, I'd like to hear your thoughts. xD