Silence

Silence

 

Kim Myungsoo.

He didn’t speak much, but then again, neither did I. We had the same homeroom class, he blended in like a wallflower. Occasionally, I would hear him lightly snoring from the seat behind me. He was cute, with his black hair and extremely attractive face. It was a surprise no one else had noticed how attractive he actually was.

The first time I heard him speak was when he was ordering coffee at the nearest café on campus. He had an adorable voice.  He had ordered an iced coffee, and then I never heard him speak again. I longed to hear is voice again. His voice, to me, was like an angel singing from above. It was smooth like caramel.

Occasionally, I would catch him glancing at me from his classroom while I was in gym. I would meet his eyes, and then we would both look away, blushing a tomato red. He intrigued me. He was so much like me that it was almost frightening.

I had always wanted to be friends with him, to get to know him. I wanted to be able to communicate with the boy just like me, because then we both wouldn’t even have to speak. Kim Myungsoo, perhaps I had fallen for him already.

Every Thursday for lunch, I would sit under the large oak tree and eat my sandwich and chips. He would sit on the bench a few feet away from me. He never noticed I was in the same area as him until that fateful day.

 

I had taken a bite into my sandwich. When I looked down at the beautiful leaves under me, I had spotted a worm. To say that I screamed would be an understatement, therefore I shall say I hollered at the top of my lungs. I jumped up instantly and ran to the nearest place I could sit, the bench in which Kim Myungsoo was seated on.

I plopped down right next to him and grabbed his sleeve, tugging at it. “Uh,” I stuttered and tugged at his sleeve, “could you help me kill that thing?”

He laughed the most adorable laugh ever and went to the area where I was previously sitting. He picked up the worm and set it down near another area. After washing his hands, he came back to the bench and sat back down.

“Hi, my name is Kim Myungsoo. What’s yours?” he asked, holding out his hand.

I smiled brightly.

 

Ever since that day, every Thursday he sat under the big oak tree with me, keeping me company. We never spoke. Actually, we never had to. Whenever we were together, there was always a comfortable silence. I loved him, and it was safe to say that he loved me as well.

And so every Thursday during the lunch break, under the large oak tree, we would sit there comfortably, enjoying the silence.

fin.