Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise

You awoke to the sweet aroma of baked cinnamon raisin buns, freshly blended strawberry smoothies, and chocolate fudge brownies.  A soft smile found its way onto your lips. Only one person in the world knew this was the only way to wake you up from your deep slumber. It was your boyfriend Chunji but since he was on tour this week, you couldn’t believe that it might be him. Did he seriously cut his schedule early to visit you on your birthday?

 

Eager to dig into those warm, gooey fudge brownies, you jolted straight up and tossed the covers over your bed. You tip toed to the usual darkened hallway when you were surprised to see  small, lavender, aromatherapy candles which were neatly arranged against the walls lit the way into the kitchen. A scatter of rose petals against the wooden floor gracefully caught your every step. Stunned, your mouth hung wide open in shock. Your gaze shifted upward when you noticed colorful paper origami cranes hanging from the ceiling.  You then heard a faint familiar tune emanating from the radio at the end of the hallway.

 

When walking into the kitchen, you saw a familiar tall figure examining the Cinnamon buns before turning around to face you. Your heart nearly jumped from your chest.

 

"Oppa?" you stammered, "Is that really you?"

 

Chunji simply smiled while gazing at you over his shoulder and casually replied, "So you are awake now. That's good." 

 

You blinked a few times and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as if you had just seen a ghost. Was this all a dream? But how could it be? Everything feels so real. You cautiously stepped onto the cold wooden floor of the kitchen while running your fingers through your hair. That was when you realized that your hair was mess, you had absolutely no make-up on, and you were still dressed in your PJs! Embarrassed, you quickly ducked behind the counter and attempted to make your escape back into your room. Chunji chuckled at your cute attempt to run away.

 

"Wae?" he asked slipping his arms around your petite waist and pulling you back up, "What's wrong?"

 

"I look horrible," you whined, shielding your face with your hands. He spun you around so that you were facing him and slowly brought your arms down.

 

"No you don’t," he whispered into your ears and pulling you into his arms, "You look stunning no matter what." He gently pecked your cheeks and gazed lovingly into your eyes. "Happy Birthday jagi," he said while rocking you in his arms. You smiled as a soft pink blush found its way onto your cheeks.

 

"I thought you had a concert to prepare for," you mumbled against his chest.

 

"Yeah, but I made sure to finish early so I could come over and make you breakfast."

 

"Why didn’t you wake me up? We could have done it together," you replied a bit sorry that he had to do all the work by himself.

 

"Then it wouldn’t be a surprise now, would it?" he asked grinning.

 

You giggled. "I missed you."

 

Chunji seemed to be stunned for that one particular moment. You had always put up with all his crazy schedules since you understood the love he had for music and you respected that. It was also one of the reasons why you fell for him in the first place. But there were times when Chunji would feel sorry that he couldn’t treat you like other average boyfriends would treat their girlfriends such as spending lavishly or dating publicly. All that never mattered to you though. You adored all the little things he does for you at times like this one since they were so sweet and memorable.

 

"Is that why you are wearing my shirt?" he asked with a smile on his face.

 

You shifted your gaze down and noticed that you were wearing his blue button down shirt which was a bit large on you that it hung low to your mid- thigh. Chunji always spent time overseas promoting his album with Teen Top that you wanted something to remember him by. You never told him this but wearing his shirt to bed while he was on tour would help you sleep at night. It was as if his presence had never left you.

 

"You missed me that much, huh?" He stared at you with a mischievous glint in his eye. "It looks really cute on you."

 

You blushed and buried your face into his chest. "It's only natural for me to miss my boyfriend," you defended.

 

He smirked and pulled you closer until there was no space between either of you. "Do you want the real present now?" he whispered huskily into ears while tugging the shirt over your shoulder. He gently kissed your neck and made his way towards your collarbone, earning a few giggles from you here and there. His fingers sneakily tugged on the first button of the shirt when you whacked them away.

 

"Wae?" he whined with an adorable pout on his lips.

 

"I'm hungry!" you proclaimed, still blushing madly from all his kisses and skipped over to the kitchen to devour your brownies.

 

"Damn it, I was hungry for something else," he thought, a bit depressed that he let that opportunity slip by.

 

You happily nibbled on the chewy brownies and reached over for a glass when Chunji walked up behind you. He wrapped his arms around you and nuzzled his face into your shoulder. You squealed slightly from the tingling sensation.

 

"Oppa, that tickles," you giggled.

 

"Here," he stated suddenly and handed you an envelope from behind.

 

"What is it?" you asked looking up at him.

 

"Open it and see."

 

You smiled and then slowly slipped the flap open wondering what it could be. Maybe a new song he is writing? Your fingers grasped two slips of paper from within the envelope. While tilting your head, you scrutinized them and almost immediately, your eyes widened.

 

"Oppa, these are tickets to the Maldives Islands. These are really for me?"

 

"For us," he stated and softly kissed your cheeks, "My company gave me a break next week after the conclusion of our promotions and I wanted to spend that time with you. You don’t know how hard it was for me spending all that time without hearing your voice or seeing your face. You are the only one who keeps me sane amidst the chaos in the idol world. Without you, I would definitely go crazy."

 

You smiled, touched by his sweet words. "So we are going on a vacation together?" you asked enthusiastically.

 

He nodded. "Why don’t you go get ready for your party? The boys are waiting for us."

 

You stood on your toes and gave him a small kiss on the lips and then raced into your bedroom like an animated toddler. Chunji smiled at your excitement and turned his attention to two tickets lying on the counter before him. He peeked back to see if you were still in your room and then reached into his pocket. He cautiously pulled out a small, navy blue box and opened it to reveal a shimmering diamond ring.

 

"Please wait a few days longer ______-ah, then I will most definitely be yours forever."


 

A/N - Please let me know what you think if it by commenting below!!!

Thank you for reading!!! :)