Captured One Shot

Captured

 

It was a chilly night. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were lying in their respective beds eyes closed, breathing even. This was one of the few nights that they felt calm. Today was an exhausting day and it was very relaxing to lay down their tired bodies on the mattress, feeling its softness against their tensed muscles.

But even though it was the perfect night to rest, Myungsoo, on the other hand, found it hard to catch any sleep. It was like something was off and he needed to know what it was. 

He looked up and stared at the white ceiling, hoping that it would give him some peace of mind. The only sound that he could hear was Dongwoo's mild snore and Sungyeol's music from his iPod. He could hear it all the way to his bunk because he put it on max level, blaring loud sounds that can wake up the whole neighborhood(he does this because he's a light sleeper and he wouldn't want any noise come and wake him up. sleep is so precious to him.)

Suddenly, he jolted upright and hastily looked over Sungyeol's sleeping appearance. He looked like an angel when he sleeps like that even though they're fully aware that he was the complete opposite when he's awake. Sungyeol has always been the most playful Infinite member not to forget the fact that he was also the naughtiest of them all. He likes to play pranks on his co-members and feel not sorry about it. At all. Sometimes, Myungsoo believes that Sungyeol doesn't have any problems because of this side of his but he knew better. 

He was his best friend. His everyday companion since trainee days. He knew that Sungyeol  tries his very best to catch up to all of them. Sungyeol knew that he lacks in many aspects but still keeps on a happy facade to hide all his insecurities himself. And that was the thing he likes about Yeol. He was as hardworking as they all were. 

Myungsoo woke up as if he came out of a trance and furrowed his eyebrows from the short memory lane. 

And he recollected all the things that happened in their practice room that afternoon...

*

"Geunyoreul jikyora Naritji mothage Nae nimi gyesin got Kkeutkkaji garyonda"

It will be their comeback soon and they are practicing really hard. Every move must be polished to perfection. Their voices should be in its best shape. This is the time where all their efforts should not go to waste. Infinite is coming back to take the world by storm.

And it was also the time to eat chicken that tastes like paper and vegetables that makes you puke everytime you swallow.

So much for a perfect comeback. But that was okay. It was all for their beloved fans.

"Myungsoo, hand me that paper towel.", Sungyeol, who was beside him, nudged his side without looking up from his food.

Myungsoo reached out for the tissue and gave it to Yeol. He extended his slender fingers to grab the tissues, brushing it lightly with Myungsoo's who suddenly shudders. Sungyeol felt it too as he finally looks at Myungsoo. It was like some electric current rushed through their veins and made them feel giddy all of a sudden. They stayed like that for awhile, cheeks flushed and eyeing each other with the same confused eyes.

"Kids! Break's over. Practice!", Manager hyung barked at them and broke their eye contact. There was silence between them but it wasn't like awkward at all. It was more of comforting silence that made Myungsoo's heart flutter with excitement.

That little incident was forgotten for awhile but whenever the song stops and Sunggyu tells them to start over again, the two of them will suddenly remember it(it was not impossible. they were always beside each other during practice and whenever they caught a glimpse of the other, they just blush secretly.)

 

 

Myungsoo can't get enough of his warm smile and toothy grin. Whenever he's tired, one look at the taller boy glowing with his own aura, he certainly feels at peace. The sweat that trickles from his forehead down to his milky neck is a very delightful thing to see. He was beautiful. He was doing miracles to his inner core, giving him shivers. He never felt so alive before. The erratic beating of his heart is a proof of that. The boy suddenly looks at him in the eye and he saw how his eyes glint with amusement. His lips curve into a lazy smile as he whispers something to him. 
 
'Idiot Mingsoo.'
 
Myungsoo just stick out his tongue. The tall boy let out a hearty laugh and winks at him making his heart skip a beat.


It's official. He likes his best friend. He likes Lee Sungyeol.

*

Myungsoo just stood there mesmerized by Sungyeol's radiant face. It made sense why he always wanted to be near him. He was attracted to his best friend's sunny personality, to his gummy smile, to his tall and y frame, to his addicting laughter and dolphin screams, to his elementary schooler playfulness, to his everything. 

They were like magnets. He was the complete of opposite of Yeol, same goes for Myung. But opposites attract each other,right?

Sungyeol stirred and opened one eye to see what was standing right next to his bunk. He was almost ready to scream on thetop of his lungs when he realized it was only Myungsoo.

"YAH! Stop scaring me like that!", Sungyeol smacked Myungsoo head and puffed his cheeks. "You look stupid."

"Do I really look stupid?", Myungsoo absentmindedly asked.

"Not yet. But you're almost there", he teased. He cleared his throat, "So what's up? Why are creeping at me like that?"

Myungsoo just rolled his eyes, "I'm not a freaking ert. Unlike yourself."

"Just because I watch doesn't mean I'm a ert, you jerk."

"Who says anything about that of yours, stupid."

"Watch your tongue. I'm older than you."

He just shut up because he'll never understand Sungyeol's logic on how to explain things. Sungyeol pats the empty space in his bed and said, "Sit here. Now."

Myungsoo sighed and plopped himself on the bed. His heart was now thumping loud and hard and he's afraid that Sungyeol will hear it. He doesn't want the other to know his feelings. Yet.

"You know, I've been thinking...", Yeol cleared his throat and looked at him in the eye, "Did you.. do you... uhm.. like me?". Myungsoo's jaw fell open as he looked at the older boy. Well, he knew his best friend was straightforward but he didn't expect it to be now when he was hiding something from him.

"Why.. w-why are you asking this?", He laughed nervously, trying to hide his uneasiness. 

Sungyeol took an inch closer as he looked at his face. His heart was beating so fast and hard that he thought it will break free from his chest.  As he launched forward and closed the distance between them, his heart fluttered more. Now, Sungyeol sits before Myungsoo and Myungsoo easily picked up his lovely scent. He placed his palms against the softness of Myungsoo's beet red cheeks. He looked deeply into his eyes. The eyes that he grown to love.  Slowly, his head descended towards his and Myungsoo closed his eyes automatically. They kissed lightly, teasing each other. They could almost taste one another. Sungyeol traced the contours of Myungsoo's lips with his tongue. Myungsoo just gasped and slightly opened his eyes then heaved a sigh. Sungyeol suppressed a moan but it escaped from his lips without knowing. They felt giddy all of a sudden. Without breaking the feathery kisses, Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Sungyeol and Sungyeol did the same. Myungsoo lovingly bit Sungyeol lips and he let out a cute moan. He smiled and the other did too. Sungyeol claimed Myungsoo's lips again but this time, he kissed him with full passion. It was fiery and sweet at the same time. 

When the kiss finally ended, Sungyeol whispered at his ear, "Because I'll tell you that the feeling is mutual, ."

Myungsoo laughed out loud, not caring if Dongwoo would wake up(which is totally impossible since he sleeps like a log.). and said between chuckles, "I like you Lee Sungyeol. I really do." After that, Sungyeol pushed him down his bed and silenced him with a kiss.


And right at that moment, they knew it was forever.