At First Sight

Sehun x BoA ~ One Shots

 

Sehun had always had an eye out for older women. It was mainly due to the fact that the females around his age were extremely immature. He hated to admit it, but the first time he saw her, he knew he would have to have her.

When his friends asked him why he never talked to the girls his age, he would just shrug his shoulders and avoid the topic. It wasn’t because he was ashamed that he liked older women, it was because they just wouldn’t understand.

The first time he saw her, he felt as if he was in a trance. It was one of those moments where he felt as if he was towards her and was unable to stop staring. She was beautiful. Unlike the ones around him, she was extremely charming and there was just something about her that captivated him.

She was his new neighbour.

Before her, the previous occupants were extremely annoying with their constant bickering and there was even a time the police were called due to reports of domestic abuse. Sehun was even becoming skeptical because he didn’t want to live beside crazy people anymore. He was thinking of moving but he was glad he didn’t. For if he moved, he would not have met her.

He tries to strike up a conversation with her whenever he sees her. She would smile at his efforts and he would beat himself up over his failed attempts. Sehun wasn’t sure how he was going to be able to approach her without looking creepy. But he knew that every chance he didn’t take, there would be someone else willing to take it.

----

“Hi!”

He mentally facepalmed as he approached her. She was standing there, waiting for the elevator. Sehun knew this was his chance, but he didn’t expect to sound like such a wimp.

She turned around upon hearing his greeting, “Hello! Your name is Sehun, right?”

He nodded at her before smiling, “Yes. Um, BoA…right?” The truth is, her name had been on his mind since the day he found out. But he didn’t want to seem like a creep to her. He was going slow and steady.

“Correct,” BoA smiled back at him. That simple smile caused his stomach to do some flips and he was glad he didn’t eat yet. “So… do you live with your parents? I always see you alone around here.”

“No, I live alone,” He replied, “My parents are currently going on a trip around the world. Something about keeping the passion alive.” Sehun shuddered at his parents’ words.

BoA laughed upon seeing his reaction, “Well… older people still have passion within them.” The topic suddenly became funnier and he was glad he was able to make her laugh.

The elevator finally arrived on their floor and they both stepped in. Sehun made a move to press the Ground level, and at that moment, BoA also pressed it. His finger made contact with hers and they both pulled back in embarrassment.

“Sorry,” BoA muttered, looking a bit shy at the contact with him.

Sehun nodded as words weren’t able to be formulated. He felt like a lovesick puppy with the way he was feeling. Just a simple touch caused him to react this way, he wondered what he would do if she so much ruffled his hair or even gave him a handshake.

All of a sudden the elevator lights turned off and the elevator shook before coming to a stop. BoA screamed at the sudden stop of the elevator while Sehun nearly dropped. He managed to balance himself before he realized what had happened.

“Oh no!"

“We’re stuck!”

He immediately grabbed his phone from his pocket and the flashlight app on the phone. Quickly pressing the alarm button to alert the security man downstairs that they were stuck, he didn’t notice that BoA was on the floor, looking like she was going to cry.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun was by her side within a second; feeling her body shake and she just looked so scared.

“I was stuck in an elevator… when I was younger,” BoA replied in that soft voice of hers, looking like a lost child, “I guess… I never got over it.”

At that moment, the elevator shook some more. She immediately leaped into his arms, which caused him to drop his phone by accident. He felt her shuddering against him and all he wanted to do was to tell her he was going to protect her no matter what. But he kept that thought to himself because that would do more harm than good.

“It’s okay, BoA.” He tried his best to soothe her. He began to rub her back like what his mother did when he was younger, when he wasn’t feeling well. “The security man downstairs will get help for us. No worries.”

“I know,” He heard her mutter, “But I can’t help but feel scared.”

He rubbed her back some more, “I understand. We all have fears within us, I understand.”

“Sorry.”

“For what?”

“For leaping into your arms. After all, I am a stranger.”

“It’s okay. It truly is okay.”

----

After that day, Sehun and BoA would spend more time together. Maybe it was due to the fact that BoA referred to him as her hero, or just due to the fact that they both lived alone. They both needed each other’s company more than they would like to admit.

----

/Four Months Later/

Today was the day he was going to confess to BoA. After weeks of deliberating to himself, he finally decided he should do it. Spending time with BoA everyday has solidified his feelings for her. Although he was younger than her, he didn’t feel the whenever they were together.

Of course he knew there was a chance he would get rejected. But if he didn’t try, he would never know the results. BoA was different. Unlike most females he met, she always seemed happy. He once asked her why she was always happy, and her reply was simple. She told him that there was a chance she could die anytime, so why not be happy when she can? That stuck with Sehun. He loved her view on life and especially her smile. It was beautiful and she was beautiful.

Admittedly, Sehun was attracted to her outer beauty before her inner beauty. But he was glad he was able to spend time with her and got to know her. Her inner beauty was as beautiful as her looks. Sehun truly believed she was an angel from heaven but he knew she would laugh at his comment if he were to tell her that.

“Hey! Sorry for being late. I got stuck at work,” BoA took the seat beside him on the bench at the park, “So what’s up?”

He turned to look at her and made eye-contact with her. This caused his hands to sweat and he almost wanted to abandon his plans to confess, but he knew he had to.

“BoA,” He started, not sure what to say next. She nodded, as a means to let him know he can continue. “This may surprise you, but I’ve got something to say to you.”

She raised an eyebrow but nodded along, “You can tell me anything, Sehun. Go for it.”

As corny as it may sound, her words gave him strength. “I like you, BoA. As more than just a friend.”

It was as if the world froze over. She just looked at him as her eyes blinked repeatedly. He was sure she thought he was joking and he sighed to himself.

“I’m being serious, BoA.” Suddenly, his strength diminished and he felt inferior. He took her silence as rejection and wanted to just crawl into a hole.

She continued to stare at him, noticing the way he was fidgeting and unable to sit still. Sehun was a sweet guy, but whether or not she liked him… she wasn’t sure. BoA had never been romantically linked to guys younger than her. Maybe it was the way society had molded the thought into everyone. That dating a younger male was weird and generally frowned upon.

BoA genuinely liked Sehun. He was always there for her these past few months and she genuinely enjoyed his presence in her life. She felt as if she was in a drama because don’t these usually happen in dramas?

“Sehun-ah,” She began, as he immediately looked at her, “Honestly, I’m not sure of what to say.”

“BoA?” He slid closer to her and maintained eye-contact, “I would like a chance. I know I’m younger than you and you might have a problem with that… but I don’t. From the first time I saw you, I felt a connection with you. As creepy as it sounds, I’ve liked you since then.”

Hearing his words made her heart do a backflip and she wasn’t sure why she felt that way.

“I promise I’ll make you the happiest woman alive.” Sehun whispered, seeing the way her face contorted in conflict.

“But…”

“Please believe in me.”

“I do… but…”

“But what?”

“You’re still young, Sehun-ah. There are so many other…”

She wasn’t given the chance to continue as he quickly placed a hand at the back of her neck and pulled her towards him. Their lips made contact as his other hand found its way at the small of her back. BoA was shocked but for some reason, she couldn’t push him away. She felt a tingly feeling within her and that was all it took. She closed her eyes and returned his kiss.

Sometimes all it takes is a burst of courage and not being scared of rejection. At least, that was what helped Sehun.