Prologue - Cube Academy

Purple Rain

Cube Academy for Elites. Where the richest and most powerful families send their teens to study in. Everyday was sunny and bright, but was it the same inside the school? Nah, maybe not.

Just as the Lee siblings stepped out of their big, modern van, everyone was already anticipating on their arrival. Girls suddenly squeezed in and made a crowd as Lee Minhyuk made his way to his friends who were waiting in the corner, that immediately took attention. His group of friends were no joke, he was one of the most popular and high students in the school.

It wasn't only him, even his siblings were. The famous Lee twins of the campus. Everyone admired Lee Jaerin's cheerfulness, Lee Haejin's charisma and of course, their beauty and brains. They were not shining alone though, they had their boy best friend beside them too.

Yook Sungjae - who had just approached them with a charming smile - was also one of the popular pretty boy every girl would want to date - let alone be close with.

"Lee Twins~" he called, slightly laughing joyfully.

Jaerin immediately beamed at his presence, and so little did Haejin, "Annyeong, Sungjae oppa," Jaerin greeted with a wave.

Haejin only nodded and smiled slightly at him.

Sungjae amusedly smirked, "Still 'never-talking', are we?" he teased and Haejin only stared at him. He grew embarrassed for being indirectly ignored, "So, uh, let's head to our lockers?" he nodded and started to walk side by side with the twins.

Their lockers were not too far, but not too near either. Haejin was the only one parallel to theirs. Unlucky for her too, the most sharp-tongued bad boy was her locker neighbor.

And just in time, he walked towards his locker. He had a slight smirk on his face as he watched her quietly check her things inside.

"Lee Haejin," he greeted. He wasn't usually a person who liked talking, but he was so fond and used to teasing her. Plus, why would he ignore a close friend?

"Jung Ilhoon," she replied, a growing smile on her face.

He didn't bother to open his locker, nothing important was needed to take out from there anyways. So, he leaned his back against it and watched her. Haejin ignored him. Soon enough, she closed her locker and gave him a glare.

"Is there anything I could help you with?" she asked, raising her brow.

Ilhoon chuckled, "Help me? You can barely help yourself,"

Haejin rolled her eyes, "Get to class, bad-," she mumbled before approaching her trio group. 

Ilhoon watched her walked away with an amused smirk on his face before he walking towards the other direction.

Meanwhile, as Haejin was far away, Jaerin & Sungjae had their own conversation. Jaerin was being greeted by friendly students passing by. But Sungjae was bothered when a group of boys suddenly walked by and gave flirty signals to Jaerin, who only laughed at this.

Sungjae gave the group of boys looks and turned his gaze at Jaerin once they were gone.

"How can you laugh at that? Shouldn't you be annoyed they're trying to send you flirty messages anyways?" Sungjae burst, giving eventual glances at the boys who already disappeared.

Jaerin blinked up at him, "They're just saying hi. It's not like I'm going on a date with one of them or something,"

"Well, they will ask you, somehow," he continued.

Jaerin then smiled slyly, "I will refuse, somehow," she mocked his tone and giggled.

Sungjae smiled in amusement, nodding in approval. Before anyone could exchange a word, Haejin arrived next to them who jerked her head saying to head to class.

Jaerin nodded and got the message, "Arasso. Sungjae oppa," she faced him and he looked back, "We'll see you at lunch, ne?"

Sungjae grinned and saluted, "Ne! I got it!" he said cheerfully before skipping away to where his classroom was.

The twins gave each other glances and chuckled at his little act. Then, they went to their classrooms.