Chapter 1

I Stayed Strong

 

I slowly regained my consciousness and lifted my head up & opened my eyes. Blackness. I tried to say something. “Mmmm…Mmmm.” I tried to get my hands to take the cloth out of my mouth. Tied. I moved around hopelessly. I screamed & screamed but it was as if I was locked away, far from life. I moved my feet. I tried again but failed. Suddenly I heard the door bang against the wall with a lot of force. I jumped in surprise. This mysterious person took the cloth from my mouth.

“HELP! LET ME GO!” I yelled.

“Shut the up,” a guy with strong arms held my jaw.

“Who…Mike! You’re Mike!” I exclaimed with shock. What did he want from me? Why was he doing this?

“Oh pretty smart aren’t we?” he chuckled and took off the cloth that was covering my eyes. My eyes scanned the room. Not only was Mike here, there were a lot of men, men with guns. I looked at Mike, he looked different. He looked like he was going to go insane and kill someone any second. His eyes were bloodshot & his hair was mess. His facial hair was coming out & he looked like he hasn’t slept in a long time.

“What happen to you Mike?” I asked softly. “DON’T ACT SO INNOCENT!” Mike roared at me. I was a little frightened by his sudden reaction. “Oh the joy of revenge!” he exclaimed as he smiled, that smile slowly turned into a laughter. It was an evil kind of laughter that brought shivers to your spine but it was also a laughter with sadness hidden inside. “Don’t worry Gui, Aaron is on his way & very soon you’ll be about to see him,” he came up to your face & grinned.

“Why are you doing this? Look at yourself! Hebe wouldn’t like to see you like this,” I softly said as his eyes boiled with anger.

“DON’T YOU DARE SAY HEBE’S NAME!” he growled. “It’s your fault! If you haven’t gone into Aaron’s life he’ll still be with Hebe & Hebe wouldn’t die!”

“Mike! I’m sorry, please don’t blame Aaron. He isn’t the one to blame. Hebe, Hebe was only his best friend to begin with. He knows her feelings but he only thought of her as a friend. It wasn’t Aaron’s fault.” I tried to explain.

“SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP! You’re just helping him! You’re on his side! It is his fault. He got Hebe into depression & that slowly ate her up!” He cried, “Do you know how it was like to watch her like that but you just couldn’t do anything? NO! NO! You don’t! You wouldn’t understand!”

“Hebe is dead! If you truly loved her, you’ll know that she wouldn’t want to see you like this!”

“How would you know what she thinks? You hurt her too! You can’t be forgiven!”

“I know, I know what she is thinking, she has been your best friend along with Aaron since you guys were young, & I am sorry, I didn’t know that my appearance would cause all this, I would do anything to help Hebe I would!” I was crying now, I didn’t know why but I was crying; looking at Mike’s face makes me feel so terrible.

Mike raised his gun to my head. “You said so; you said you would do anything.”

I smiled and said, “If that makes you happy.” I closed my eyes.

Mike was getting ready when a larger group of men charged in & the head burst in as well.

It was Aaron. He was Yan Sir. The best men on the police force by far. “Freeze! Put your weapons down!” Mike’s men had their guns pointed to the policemen while the police force had their guns pointed to the gang members. Mike attention slowly moved from you to Aaron.

“Aaron, oh Aaron my best friend since young, how have you been?”

“Mike, this has nothing to do with Gui, please let her go?”

“Oh, Gui, Gui, Gui, is that all your care about? Only her? You did even bother to say hi to this best friend of yours!” Mike loosened Gui & grabbed her. He put the gun next to Gui’s head and turned his attention back to Aaron.

“I know you just want me, please just let Gui go,” Aaron looked at Gui with her hands tied so tightly.

“Don’t worry about me Aaron,” Gui said.

Sheeh, Aaron mouthed.

“STOP IT! STOP IT YOU TWO! Don’t you even care about Hebe? Don’t you even care?!”

“Mike, Hebe’s death isn’t Gui’s or my fault! You have to accept the fact!”

“IT’S YOUR FAULT! YOU TWO PUSHED HER INTO DEPRESSION!”

“MIKE! LISTEN TO ME! Hebe died because you ran her over! You did it by accident! No one blames you!”

“Liar! Liar!” Mike cried, “I’m sorry Hebe, please forgive me, please!” Mike grabbed his head and shocked it. His eyes were wide opened and he was crying.

Aaron walked up to his best friend. Mike snapped back into attention and pointed his gun at Aaron, still holding tightly onto Gui.

“Don’t do this to yourself! Hebe’s going to be depressed if she ever saw you like this!”

“Sorry! Sorry Hebe! I Love You please, please don’t be sad for me!” Mike was handing his gun over to Aaron when one of his men accidently shot one of Mike’s men. Mike and Aaron looked at their men but it was no use, both groups of men had begun acting one another. Aaron was shooting the gang members as Mike was holding onto Gui making sure that she wouldn’t get hurt. From far distance Aaron saw that one of Mike’s men was aiming at Gui. He ran towards you and was shouting. You couldn’t seem to hear him, you saw him running over covering you. “UH!” Aaron’s face was dripping with sweat and he hugged you tight as the bullet entered his body. Your eyes went wide and you looked back.

“STOP! STOP!” I screamed so loud that it covered all the gunshots and it stopped the shootings. “STOP IT! PLEASE!” I crying was uncontrollable! My tears were running like a fountain. I turned around and took Aaron into your arms. I hugged him so tight. The bleed was oozing out his back onto my hand.

“Where’s your bullet proof vest!” I looked at him. He was in so much pain, he held onto my hand and forced a smile.

“Opps, I guess I forgot it, sorry honey,” Aaron smiled but his smile was replaced by a painful look as sharp pain took over his body.

“Please! Please don’t talk! You’ll be alright! Please!” I mumbled. “Please! Please don’t leave me!” I couldn’t do anything! I couldn’t do anything for the one I loved so much. I could only watch in pain & I couldn’t even share the pain with him.

Aaron’s hand slowly cupped Gui’s face. He gently wiped my tear away. “I have something I wanted to give you for a long time already.” He digged into his pocket. “I always bring it with me.” He took my hand and placed it on my palm. I looked down at it. It was one of those picture necklaces that I loved & along with it was a diamond ring.

“Do you Wu Ying Jie still want to be with me forever?” Aaron gazed into my eyes.

“Never…changed,” I mumbled as I pressed my lips against his. We hugged each other tightly.

“Stay…Strong…Bab..y…” Suddenly Aaron loosened his grip and his arms fell. They hung lifelessly. “AARON!” I shouted. Tears once again were dripping nonstop, rolling of my chin and onto my leg.

5 Years Later

I was driving the car crossing the bridge to get home to my baby boy. He was with Mike. I looked at the setting sun. It was orange red with yellow outlining. The buildings looked like they were glowing.

```

“Don’t peek,” Aaron laughed as he held his hand to my eyes.

“I can’t,” I giggled. “What are you up to?”

“We’re here,” Aaron let go & hugged me from behind.

He had bought me to the mountain top that we guys met. I turned to him and smiled.

The sun was setting & we sat side by side watching it fall knowing that we’ll still have each other in our hearts even till the end of time.

Aaron slowly turned to me and fished out a gold bracelet. “Here, I’ll like you to have it.”

“That’s…”

“Yup, my grandmother’s bracelet. I am giving it to you now,” Aaron took my wrist and helped me wear the bracelet. I stared at it. “You don’t like it?” Aaron frowned.

“No, no it’s not that,” I smiled and lend into kiss him on the cheek. But Aaron moved and our lips touched. “Gotcha,” Aaron smirked. I giggled and hugged him.

```

I looked down at the bracelet and a tear drop fell on my lap. I arrived home and rang the door bell. Someone opened the door. “Mammiee!” a sweet little voice cried. My eyes soften and bent down. “Baby boy!” I lifted him, hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss on his plumbed cheeks. A bright flash caused both of us to blink. We turned and saw that it was Mike with his camera. “Gaw (Brother) is bad!” little Ryan pointed his little fingers at Mike. Mike and I chuckled and walked into the living room.

[[Honey, I haven’t forgotten you. Ryan is four now. He is looking more and more like you. Do you hear me? I still think of you everyday. I still see you waiting for me to get into bed with you at night. I still see you and your beautiful smile cheering me on each day. If you hear me please meet me in my dreams. Don’t worry missing you don’t mean I’ll cry all the time. I’ll be strong, for you & Ryan baby I’ll stay strong, I’ll stay strong.]]

-THE END-