Injured

Injured

Kyungsoo swats away Baekhyun’s hand that has ventured near his arm again, ready to poke and prod at the injured flesh.

“Stop it you monster. Why are you trying to inflict more pain on me?”

Baekhyun sighs and gives up on his attempt to touch Kyungsoo’s fresh wound. The blood filling and spilling out of the cut fascinates him and he really has to stop himself from reaching out to probe at it.

“Sorry. I’m just amazed at how it’s still bleeding! All you did was bump into the door. Why is it like that?”

Kyungsoo chuckles at Baekhyun’s mesmerized expression despite his annoyance at his boyfriend’s semi-freaky obsession with the blood from his new cut.

“It’s a deep cut! And it hurts a lot, so stop it.”

Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo ventures into the kitchen, puttering around before he pulls out a first aid kit and attempts to stop the blood flow. Kyungsoo tries to staunch the flow with a paper towel, and once he sees that the blood has somewhat clotted he cleans the wound with some alcohol and places a band aid over it.

Baekhyun notices the slight winces and light whimpers that emit from the younger’s mouth as he cleans his wound, immediately feeling sorry for agitating it earlier. He walks up to Kyungsoo and takes the first aid kit out of his hands, placing it back into the proper drawer, then pulls Kyungsoo into his arms while being mindful of the injury by placing his arms in a certain manner.

Kyungsoo lets out a puff of breath into Baekhyun’s shoulder and lets himself relax, willing the pain from his arm to go away.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok.”

Although it’s mumbled, Baekhyun still hears Kyungsoo’s words and feels instantly relieved.

“I worry about you. It doesn’t take much for you to get injured severely and it happens so often.”

“I’m sorry I’m such a clutz and that my body is bad and doesn’t know how to heal properly. I’m sorry that you have a boyfriend whose body is marred and scarred by plain stupidity.”

Baekhyun feels guilty now, feeling as if he has just accused his boyfriend of being careless and hates hearing the anxious tone in his voice as he puts down his body’s appearance. He slightly pulls away from Kyungsoo and looks down at him, wanting to wipe the dejected look on his love’s face.

“Your body is perfect. You’re perfect Kyungsoo. I wouldn’t have you any other way.”

As a bright smile lights up Kyungsoo’s face, Baekhyun feels warmth radiate from his toes all the way to the tip of his head in response to the sight of it. He then takes it upon himself to press their lips together, unable to contain his joy and wanting to convey his love to Kyungsoo. When they break away Baekhyun is pleased to see that smile still gracing the younger’s face.

“I love you.”

It is a culmination of the breathy way that Kyungsoo speaks and the sparkle in his eyes that sets Baekhyun off edge and he decides what he wants to do next. He wraps one arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders and places the other under his knees, instantly lifting his boyfriend up. Kyungsoo’s arms wrap around his neck, trying not to fall from Baekhyun’s hold.

“What?”

“I know of a way to make you feel better.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, but I need to take you somewhere for it to happen.”

Baekhyun starts to walk out of the kitchen, carrying Kyungsoo bridal style in his arms. It finally dawns on Kyungsoo what Baekhyun’s plans are when he notices that he is being carried to their bedroom.

“But I have laundry to do still!”

Kyungsoo’s wails echo throughout the hallway leading up to their room.

“It’s ok we can do it later.”

Baekhyun smirks and Kyungsoo finally lets himself be carried into their bedroom.  He knows he’s going to regret relenting in the morning, but right now he’s content with having his boyfriend make him feel better.