Hi

Runaway

Jiyong finally returned to Korea after "searching" for himself for a whole year. He's nervous about the mess he left when he suddenly vanished but he's ready to face the consequences of his action. Before coming back, he called his mom. He was relieved to know that he hasn't been disowned by his father and that his mother was still the most adorable woman he knows. 

A year ago, he left everything he's ever known to face his real self. He left his phone, credit cards, and other gadgets and vanished without a trace. He only left two letters; one for his parents and one for Seunghyun. Truth be told, he was confident that his parents would take his message better than Seunghyun. He was more afraid of seeing him again, especially after he spilled his guts in form of a letter then just up and left. He knows that his best friend was hurt but he's terrified if Seunghyun would be disgusted by him.

He still remembers the content of his letter as if he wrote it this morning. 

Seunghyun,

I know this must be unexpected, and I am sorry for telling you like this. I know that this is a very bad time but I have to do this. I know that you will handle the business well while I am gone. I don't know how to tell you this in person so I am sorry if I have to be cowardly and leave like this. Before everything else, please remember that you are my best friend and nothing will change that, at least for me. No matter what happens after you read this letter, I just pray that you will not hate me. 

Remember when we first met? It was the first day of school, you kept to yourself and refused to talk to anybody who approached you. Everybody thought you were so cool and handsome. I envied you. At lunch, I was still alone while everyone flocked towards you even if you stare daggers at them. I was a shy scrawny kid and nobody seemed to want to be friends with me. Unexpectedly, you sat beside me in the classroom and started talking to me. Since then, I wasn't an outcast anymore.

Years passed and we became less socially awkward and met new friends. You don't know how grateful I am to you because of that. You brought me out of my shell and introduced a world that I never knew existed. But this time, I have to face this on my own. I don't know if you ever knew, but I am gay. I've known this for a while but I was afraid that I would disgust you if you knew. At first I thought it was just a phase and tried dating girls but as time went on, I just resigned myself to the fact that I am what I am, a homoual. 

I am gay, and that's not the worst of it. I am in love with you. I don't know when I started feeling this way, but I just know that i do. I am happy that you are marrying the woman you love and fulfilling your dreams. But I can't help but feel pain whenever I see you kiss her or wrap your arms around her.Seeing you get married and start your own family is breaking my heart, it breaks my heart because I know that it is something that I could never give you. It's not your fault, it's nobody's fault this is why I need to leave and heal myself. Please don't hate me. I won't say I love you anymore. I will do my best to forget and move on and if you will still have me, I would still want to be your friend. 

I will return when I'm ready to face you. Until then, please stay healthy and send my regards to Dara. I hope that you will have a happy life together, I really do. I wish nothing but the best for you. 

Jiyong. 

Wiping a tear from his eye, Jiyong entered the cab and went back home. 

 

--------------------------------------------------

It's been two days since he came back but he still hasn't seen Seunghyun. He found out from his mother that Seunghyun went on a business trip and took Dara with him. There's still that awkwardness between him and his dad but his mom was her usual self. He was thankful for his parents because they welcomed him back and did not pass judgment on him and his preference. He wasn't going to stay with them for long, he bought a villa in the city and will move in when everything is settled. 

-------------------------------------------------

A week later, he's moving into his own house and his parents are helping him. Still no sign of Seunghyun. He's starting to fear that Seunghyun was avoiding him. He pushes that thought aside as he cooks a meal for his family. He was plating up the dishes when he heard the door bell ring, thinking it was the delivery for his bed, he ran out of the kitchen and opened the door. A minute later, the door swung open but he was greeted by a bear hug that almost squeezed the air out of him. 

"Welcome back, Ji" Seunghyun breathes into his hair. 

As if by reflex, Jiyong returns the hug and says "I'm home." with tears running down his face. "You still have a knack of coming over EXACTLY as we serve dinner, huh?" He says while smiling back at Seunghyun. 

"Of course. But are you sure your cooking is safe for human consumption now?" Jests Seunghyun while raising an eyebrow, humor fills his eyes.

It's as if nothing's changed; he's sitting in the dining room with his parents, Seunghyun and Dara with laughter all around. He's thankful that his absence didn't things up, his honesty was welcomed, and his heart wasn't breaking anymore. This is what he needs; to start his new life surrounded by the most important people in his life, the people who accepts him regardless of his ual orientation. 

 

A/N: Ugh. I still can't manage to make happy endings. >.< I hope you enjoy this oneshot.