My New Friend

My New Friend

I entered the large building, students of all shapes and sizes were all wearing the same outfit, including me. I walked around the whole perimeter of the building; everyone had their own little groups chatting away while some seemed to be too busy to even notice people around them. Many times have I walked around this place and soaked in the beautiful scenery of the yard, this one boy caught my attention. He wasn’t in those groups nor was he busy writing away on loose leafs. He was just there, sitting and admiring his space. The boy seems tall, the way his legs stretched out onto the grass. His large round spectacles framed his doll like eyes just perfectly. I was slowly admiring his features until he glanced my way and I quickly shifted my eyes to an object. I looked back at him. He wasn’t there anymore and to my surprise I was quite disappointed.
The bell rang loud as the wind carried the noise throughout the whole area. It was a signal to return into the building. Unknowingly, my eyes darted left and right trying to catch a glimpse of that boy again, but there was no hope.


I entered a room as a paper aircraft glided across my face just scraping the tip of my nose. The room smelled tropical and fruity. I looked for my seat; it was located at the very far back with my name tag on the piece of paper printed very neatly. I didn’t notice someone beside my assigned seat, his silent vibe blended into this corner that seems so untouched and new. His eyes were staring directly outside the window. A loud slapping noise emitted through the large room, it caught everyone’s attention as we all sat back in our rightful places in alphabetical order. He gave us orders and we followed, I looked back at the boy and realized it was the person I saw in the yard. His features looked even more defined from this distance. His nose was perfectly shaped and his lips were the perfect plumpness. He probably caught me staring again as he faked a cough. I sat up straight and stared straight to the front.


I felt a poke on my left shoulder, I looked towards that way and the boy pointed at my table. A scrunched up paper appeared on my desk. It read, “May I help you.” I faked a cough and wrote back, “Nope.” I tossed the crisp paper back to him with a tint of pink shown on my cheeks. The paper was tossed at my head this time, I looked over at him. He formed a smirk on his face. I just want to wipe that off his face. I picked up the note and it read, “My name is _____. Nice to meet you.” A smile grew on my face as my cheeks grew redder.


I stopped the note tossing until the bell rang. I went through my whole day with a smile stuck to face thinking of our little conversation. I hope to see him again soon.