1

You're Not So Cute Yourself, Tao

He stared at me, and I had never wanted more than to just spit in his face. It was the only moment in my life that I had ever wished I were a llama. He was just jealous that his beau was spending so much more time with me than with him; and rightfully so. The EXOtics put my name on the EXO Wiki page as the seventh member of EXO-M, so I’m basically the maknae. Tao, that little piss. He was just jealous that I took his spotlight.

When the lovely girl that bought me told me where we were going when I’d first met Kris, I was in awe. I had spent so many hours sitting on the stand next to her bed staring at all of her posters, one of them catching my eye the most. When I finally came to learn that the wonderful music she would jump around to all day and night mostly consisted of that group, I loved them almost as much as she did. When she finally got tickets to a show, she would not stop screaming. I won’t lie, it was a bit scary at first. But then she told me; I was going to be Kris’ gift. Needless to say every single one of her friends were jealous, but I was the only one to come with her.

What I didn’t need at that moment was babysitting. I wish Kris could understand that I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I can’t eat, I can’t breathe and I most certainly cannot tear apart the furniture. I just wished that Kris could see that it was Tao that was in need of a babysitter. The way he looked at me, that fire in his eyes, made me believe that he was ready to tear my head off, but he knew better. When he stepped closer, that large carton of orange juice in his hand, I wanted to bound forward and run, to be honest. Something told me that he was not afraid to pour it all over my flawlessly pure, white fur.

I listened to his words. “You’re stupid, you know that? ing ugly alpaca. That’s what you are. Why does Kris love you so much?” I wanted to respond, but I was sure that I would only laugh if I could. I’d laugh in his face for being so incredibly jealous that he would curse and threaten a stuffed animal, such as myself. He must have been going absolutely crazy from lack of work.

“You’re not even a real alpaca. You’re stuffed. I am clearly more appealing.” He looked as if he wanted to hurt me deep into my core, but I wanted to laugh again. My core. I wondered if he had even realised that I was stuffed at that point.

“Look at me, I’m cute.” He stood again, tossing away the then empty carton.  “And this . How could he resist my ? All for a ing stuffed animal.” He sat then, and I looked him directly in the eye. “ you, Ace.”

It was then that I finally, after months of not speaking at all and acting like the stupid toy he had thought I was, I gave that er a little piece of my mind.

“Maybe it’s because my is tighter than yours. .”