Bring Her Down

Bring Me Down

It brings her down.

Everytime they hold hands in secret. Every stolen kiss they share, it kills her. But Luna takes this "pain" in a different way. She doesn't fuss about it, she doesn't tell it to her groupmates and cry about it(although they know she cries silently every night) like what people would expect from her. She just keeps it in her and throws them at practice; singing until her voice was cracking and dancing until she was dead tired. 

She inhales the pain, and ends up hurting herself when she exhales it. 

"Sunyoung unnie," Sulli gives her a bottle after a hectic day of practice, a worried look on her face. "you should rest."

("Sunyoung unnie, you should just get over him, you're just hurting yourself.")

Luna smiles and takes the bottle, but she doesn't open the bottle.

"I can handle it, it's okay, Ssul." She replies. 

"Are you sure you're gonna stay and practice some more? You look really tired."

"No, it's okay," Luna responds, doing some warm-ups. It's funny how she kept saying she was okay, because she's not. And she doesn't think she'll ever be okay. "you guys go ahead. I'll follow soon."

"But unnie," Sulli complains, but Luna smiled at her in a way that Sulli needs not to worry. She can handle this. She can, can she?"

Of course she can.

Sulli stays for a couple of minutes but leaves anyway. Once Sunyoung unnie makes up her mind, she doesn't change it. She thought as she goes off to find the other members.

Luna does dance routines after dance routines, her shirt almost soaked in sweat. She lies down after her body was beat up.

(It brings her down, pulling her to a place where all she could see are two people smiling, not a care in the world. A place where she was small, fragile and weak. A place where she could never accept the truth that was Jonghyun and Jessica are together, and Luna can do nothing but stare and fake a smile for them.)

Jessica unnie's pretty, talented and.. pretty, Luna thought, staring at herself in the mirror. While I'm a complete mess. She's really lucky, to have someone like Jonghyun oppa.

Very lucky... to have someone fetch you after a day of practice. Someone who holds your hand... someone...

Without realizing it, tears and sweat cover up her face, and she finds herself in the midst of breaking down. Their love brings her down; their happiness brings her down, and there's nothing else to hold on to.

Nothing.

She wipes away the tears, forces a smile saying, "Oh Sunyoung, you stupid girl. You should just get over him, like what Sulli said." She bites her lip and fixes her things, completely forgetting about her little "drama" earlier and heads off to the dorm.

"Sunyoung," a soft female voice comes from behind her. She turns back, smiling and the smile fades as she sees Jessica, bright and smiling(and still beautiful, even after a day of dancing and singing) with Jonghyun next to her, carrying her bag.

"Ah," Luna nods. "Jessica unnie... Jonghyun..."

She rummages her brainwashed mind for the exact word.

"...sunbae. How are you guys?"

"Oh, we're okay," Jessica replies. "Just gonna grab some dinner. You wanna come with us?"

Luna immediately looks at Jonghyun, who was smiling earnestly, and her sight goes back to Jessca, who was smiling, too.

She bites her lip, looking down. "I better not, unnie."

Before Jessica could respond, she explains, "I'm pretty tired from practice, and my groupmates are waiting for me at the dorm."

"Too bad..." Jessica replies.

"I'm really sorry unnie, I'd love to, but I just can't."

I just can't because I don't want to face the fact because you have Jonghyun oppa and the two of you are really happy.

"Oh well," Jessica replies, "there's tomorrow and the next day anyway. So, see you Sunyoung!"

Luna opens , but wasn't able to say anything as the happy couple walks by her, back to their own world. Luna turns back, seeing them walk by, arms linked, not a care in the world.

They look so happy. 

"It brings me down," was all she could whisper.


A/N: Was it good? :O Sorry if it's too short, I kind of did this is a rush and all, but I hoped you enjoyed this! :D