How? How? How?

What?!?

The question came out. Finally, it came out. Those were the words in Yonghwa's thoughts. He was trying to think of the answer all day and arrange his thoughts so he could be prepared. He prepared alright. He tried to rerun the answers he prepared in his head but came up with nothing so he thought and thought. He was taking too much time thinking and he realized this himself so he let his mouth do all the work, "Park Shin Hye is just my friend. I don't see her in any romantic way." and as soon as he said it he immediately regretted it.

                     

That wasn't what he wanted to say. It was FAR from what he wanted to say. Of course he liked her. Ever since they met in 2009, he liked her. They became friends ever since and would contact each other from time to time. They laughed and teased each other. She was the closest girl friend he has. Now, how can he not like her?

But what Yonghwa feared wasn't the words that came out of his mouth but reality. The reality that those words might be true, that there will never be a future for them, that they were really meant to be just friends. Tension built up in his body and he panicked. The band members sensed this tension but remained silent and pretended that they don't know anything when in fact they know everything.

The rest of the interview was full of cases where the members would cover up for Yonghwa. The interviewer was oblivious to the certain changes in the atmosphere and continued to do her job of making people pressured and perplexed.

The interview finished and Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Jonghyun were all exhausted but the leader was still silent and disturbed. Minhyuk couldn't take the mood of the leader no more so he approached him and tried to cheer him up, "Hyung, if you continue that look of yours I would let you buy me free food.", but failed for Yonghwa only looked at him. Jungshin , "Hyung if you smile I'll let you eat mom's meals." and Jonghyun added, "You look ugly." and with that all of them laughed, including Yonghwa.

Yonghwa realized what Jonghyun just said and called after him, "Hey!" but all of them were heading back to the make-up room. So he followed.

 

"I don't see her in any romantic way." came the voice of Yonghwa from the speakers of the television in a room where a certain lady sits. So he doesn't like me, she thought.