Bad Dream

Day & Night

~ Highlighted bits are written words ~ 




Youngjae smiled as he approached the library, his sanctuary, the only place he can truly call home. A place where he could sit down in silence and think, a place where people didn't disturb him as he enjoyed the atmosphere. He loved being in solitude, people just added to his stress levels and he tried his best to keep contact as limited as possible. No one out there could truly understand him, no one could understand why he did this to himself, only he knew. He held onto his notepad tighter as he entered the large building, only to figure out that this wasn't the library he remembered. There were teenagers, mostly females, running around and screaming, guards yelling orders and trying to keep the flock of people under control. He stared at the long line that was forming but shrugged, he would have to move to the back of the building to avoid all of this.

As he tried his best to manoeuvre around the people, desks and chair he was pulled back by a tall, bulky guard.
“No cutting, back of the line”
“B-but”
“Did you not hear me? I said back of the line”, his lack of communication skills with strangers, especially scary strangers kicked in and he obeyed the man. Youngjae stood at the back of the long line, cringing at the conversations around him, he didn't even know what the commotion was about. As the line gradually got smaller he leaned sideways to get a peak of what he was going to face and what he saw wasn't something he had expected. There was a male sitting at a table, his dark brown hair framed his face perfectly, his lips were plump, his eyes big and round. Youngjae knew who it was, who wouldn't recognise one of Korea’s greatest soccer players, of course he wouldn't forget a face like that, it was practically everywhere he went; on billboards, TV, the newspaper, cardboard cut-outs even endorsed products.

He deeply sighed to himself, there was no way out of this at all. He currently hated the other with a burning passion, it all started once the news of the brunette publishing his on biography. How could someone like him have his own book? Then again people who were rich and famous could do anything, it wasn't fair, it wasn't fair for him who had worked so hard to try and find someone that would take his creations to be published.

He was handed a small photo-card of the soccer player, his smug face looking back at almost as if the brunette was teasing him, laughing at him. Youngjae was pushed forward and he looked up and met the gaze of the older before him, the brunette smiled as if something great had happened.
'These celebrities always hide behind fake smiles', He approached him slowly and dropped the photo-card onto the wooden table, the soccer player happily took it and started to write on it,
“It's great to see some male fans once in a while”
“I'm not a fan” he himself was taken back from that statement, usually he would ignore people when they talked to him but he guessed his utter hatred for the man before him influenced his courage. He watched the others face as it took in a form of surprise, the brunette looked up at him, his eyes larger than they normally are

“What? Th-then why were you waiting in line?”
“I was pushed into it”
“I see... Tell me why are you not a fan? Do you not watch sports?”
“No, I just don't like people like you” the others plump lips frowned and he dropped his pen, “I don't like people who achieve something so big because they have connections” he didn't know why he continued but he felt it was right, “People who don't even raise a single finger to get to where there, people who haven't worked as hard as others chasing the same dream but end up getting to the top”. There was an awkward silence and Youngjae started to regret talking but, but only slightly. It felt good to let him know how he felt, it felt good to let someone know how he felt.
“W-wow, I.. I guess I'm sorry?”, he felt angry again, why would he say sorry?
“Don't apologise, you've been living your life all happily until this point without a single thought about anything but your success”, Youngjae didn't bother to look back as he walked off, he felt like a huge weight was lifted off of him, he felt good.

Youngjae sat quietly at the desk, the library was going to close soon but the manager knew him and let's him stay as long as he wants. He chewed at the end of his pen as he was deep in thought, the notepad below him only 10 pages full. Youngjae didn't know what was wrong with him today, usually he would write and never stop, the ideas flowing through him as the pen he used constantly moved. Right now his mind was slow, every few minutes or so he was lucky enough to write down two sentences. He sighed and placed the tip of the pen on the white paper, the ink slowly marking its place.
'Our minds are like canvases, if we colour it with thoughts and ideas then we slowly find who we really are'
“If left blank then no once can truly appreciate who you are, not even yourself”, Youngjae jumped in his chair, gripping at his T-shirt where his heart was placed, feeling the heavy beating of it. He heard a low chuckle and from the corners of his eyes he saw someone pull a chair, he furrowed his eyebrows as this person came into view in front of him, taking the seat on the other side of the table. “Just thought I'd help you with your poetry”
“I don't need your help” he glared at the soccer player, feeling himself heat up from the thought of possibility the other had read more stuff on that page

“Oh yea I forgot, you don't want to converse with someone like me... a scum-bag”
“I never called you a scum-bag but well done on choosing a great word to describe yourself”
“I'd introduce myself but I don’t think an introduction is needed”
“The only introduction needed now is my fist and your face” he grabbed his notepad and got up to get away from the older brunette, his walks were hurried and he almost tripped.

'Ugh why me?' he thought to himself as sat down at another table, as far as he can get from his other destination. He put down his notepad, opening it up on the previous page and stared down at the quote,
'Our minds are like canvases, if we colour it with thoughts and ideas then we slowly find who we really are..... If left blank then no once can truly appreciate who you are, not even yourself”, he looked down at it some more, cringing at it, to think he would even consider what the other had said. He used his pen to scribble at the sentence, placing the utensil down, 'It didn't even make sense anyway'.

“Yoo Youngjae” he looked to his side only yo groan at the sight of the soccer player, he plopped his head down hard onto the table, “I got your name from the nice old man that runs this place” Youngjae couldn't see but he knew there would be a smirk plasterd on the others face. “It's a lovely name... I also got some other information on you” at this statement he looked up at the standing brunette, his eyebrows raised, questioning him on what the manager had blabbed about, “He said you were a lonely person”
'Great', he placed his head back onto the table, feeling like he was just betrayed
“You need a friend”, he looked up at, his eyes met with the others 


“No I don't” 
“I'll be your friend” 
Youngjae scoffed, his frown deepened “No” 
“Everyone needs a friend”  
“Well I don't” 
“Don't lie, you secretly want someone to be there for you at all time and I can do that for you”, Youngjae almost wanted to laugh, almost. He couldn’t believe the soccer player was talking to him like they were school friends or something, they just had met today and he wasn't particularly nice to the other, so why the hell was he even offering something like this? It was just stupid 
“Well I don't need a friend, and I most certainly don't need you” 
“I need you” it was a soft whisper but Youngjae heard it loud and clear, he started to choke on his own saliva. 'How could he just say that? How could he just say something like that? Does he think this is a game? Does he think I'm fun to play around with?' 
“Leave me alone” he tried his best to sound tough but it just came out sounding almost like a plea 
“I need you as much as you need me” 
“Didn't you hear me? I said I don't need you” his voice was starting to get louder, he was just lucky that everyone has left already 
“I can't hear lies”, there was a silence that followed after, he sighed and scratched the back of his neck, the situation he was in right now was just plain annoying. “You make me happy and I'd love to have you as my friend”, it was the second time Youngjae started to choke on his own spit, he didn't know there would be more surprising things coming out of the others mouth 
“H-how exactly did I even make you happy?” 
“Just looking at you makes me happy, everything about you is so interesting and that makes me happy” 
“Well you make me mad, so just leave” 
“No I won't leave, I'm staying and I'm going to be your friend whether you like it or not” 
“Why don't you just go and make friends with some models? I'm sure they would accept without a second thought” 
“I want someone like you” 
“Why?” 
“You're so.... real” 
“Well I'm sure there is some 'real' people out there” 
“I only want you”, Youngjae sighed in annoyance, this guy isn't going to give up and he isn't going to leave him any time soon either, so he took action to his own hands and got up to leave 
“Don't bother with me ok” 
“But-” 
“You don't even know me” he said, those were the final words spoken between each other as he hurried out of the building

'This is just a bad dream'.




-
Yay ~ First chapter is up :D It is short but yea, just wanted to get the first chapter up quick~ I already have started to write chapter two and it is already longer so DW~ 

Daehyun is a weirdo xD Poor Youngjae he just wants to be alone dammit >.<