Just A Second

Just A Second

 

A/N:

its my first one shot! Made by my friend, so I edited it and added some scenes.

 

===================================================================================================================

Kris Wu.

I looked to the picture on the wall. Its him. Taken when we're playing with snow together, last winter.

“Kris…” I called him, as if he can hear me. Tears falling down from my eyes. Recalling the memories…. Sometimes its only brings you tears. I was smiling remembering how sweet it was, but I ended up in tears, knowing that I can’t go back.

I looked outside. It is snowing right now.

Kris always like snow.

“What am I thinking?” I sighed. There again, remembering him. The more I tried to forget, the more I will get lost, closer to the pain. My hands are shaking, as I looked to the glass of water on my desk. My throat suddenly dried, drastically. I walked to take the glass and drink.

“Hyeri-ah…”

It sounded so real. So real, that he’s behind me now. I am hallucinating once more. His voice echoed, calling me. I dropped my glass. My knees dropped, too sad to remembering him. I know he’s not here. Its just a voice, echoing in my head. I automatically cried.

“Kris…” I called him once more. My weakness, my only weakness. The man I always love. The guy I thought I can forget and I can just move on from him, but no. I can’t.

I’m still stubborn. I won’t let myself crying for a long time. I grabbed a red leather book. I opened it and took a pen, as I my finger that just bleeded by the glass shards.

I wrote.

Winters passed, as I watched the snow. The winter has no longer become a wonderland for me. The tears I shed, they fall like snow. As the ice cries on the tip, and became sharp. I didn’t fell to the ground, but I found myself colder than before.

  The love we had, covered by the snow. As the snow gets thicker and thicker, you’re burried, far away inside the snow. But you became the wind, softly whispering to my ears, strengthen me, telling me to never get scared.

Now that you’re gone, I’m hypothermic.

Kris, I can’t forget you. I really can’t.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> 

One year ago.

I was nineteen. I am a happy girl, who lives for her family. I write books and take some photographs. I finished school that day, but I decided to leave college. My parents lives in US, abandoning me. Never know why. But time passed, as I grow up and I know, I don’t need them.

I looked to pictures from my DSLR. It’s a gift from my teacher, for winning the photo competition. I took pictures of the city in the winter, taking shots on some angles and smiles in satisfaction if I got it right. The houses just snapped from my camera and it turned to a beautiful shot.

But I have to keep this camera away from people. I put it inside my bag.

When I’m busy walking in the streets, I kept looking down, thinking about my new camera. I hope Mom and Dad don’t take this thing, it was a precious one for me. But I saw this person. Black hair, penetrating eyes, extremely tall guy. I looked to him, who’s suddenly appeared on my camera. Who is he anyway?

I put down my camera, and I saw a scene exactly in front of me.

The guy who’s  in my camera… he’s actually there.

Did I unconsciously took a shot of him?

I respect men for their quick reflexes. They can feel when there’s a pair of eyes, staring at their backs. He turned and looked to me.

“You’re Park Hyeri, right?”

My eyes widened. “Excuse me but… how did you know my name?”

He smirked, as if he knows me. “I read all your novels” he said.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief. He nodded. Then, he noticed something on my camera. He smiled a bit as his eyes carefully scanned the picture. “The shot is taken well. But…” he gave a pause on it.

“Is that me?”

I nodded. “It is” I said. “I thought you were some random guy....”

“You think so?”

“Maybe” I looked down. “For now”

I saw his smile, he’s about to laugh at me, who’s embarrassed now.

“Its okay if you think like that” he said. “Maybe I am… some ‘random’ guy”

“You’re not mad about it?” I asked. He nodded once more. I smiled. “Thanks, by the way” I said. I somehow felt this warm weird feeling. I was happy, but on the other hand…

“Kris!”

I looked around. Its another pretty girl, waving at me. She smiled to Kris. I looked to her, to her physical look. To the way she looked at Kris. To how she waved at him, calling his name.

I didn’t know who she is. I understood that he had a girlfriend. A handsome boy like him, who wouldn’t fall for him? A handsome boy like him, what’s impossible to get a girl?

Kris. A nice name. No, not even a Korean, I guess. His face and his features shout it out loud. A smart guy, indeed. He speak Korean as if it is his mother language. Yet… perfect.

Above all, why did he become some sort of ‘Park Hyeri's fan’?

The first time we met, brought a bunch of questions.

As time goes, I often meet him, here, at the bridge. I never met him anywhere else. Maybe he was busy spending his time with his girlfriend. I dont know what happened. Whenever we met, Kris just ask about me. We often talk about ourselves. One thing, he's poetic. I never seen guys who's into the literature like him. He said he's an economic student, but he reads literatures. Weird indeed. He also worries on me, almost pitying on me. Pity, because if he doesn't have a girlfriend, he's allowed to do that. It all goes in a month. 

Until then, there it goes. A month after we meet.

I was going home from my work, it was late in the night. The editor asked me out to a art festival, but I didn't know she took the whole day just to go to that festival. I saw Kris, who looked angry, putting the cellphone to his ear.

"I told you, I dont want to see you!" he barked. "Why you called me and beg on me?"

He sighed. Who is he calling? Why is he like this? I never see him like this. 

"We should stop" he said. "I'm not the one you find. I know you loved that person"

Ah, his girlfriend. Did he just got cheated?, I thought. So far the couple seemed fine in my eyes. Yet his girlfriend is... pretty. I hated to say this, but she's pretty and perfect to be Kris's girlfriend. Why would they break up?

Before my mind flew further, Kris ended up his call. I realized I shouldn't get into his personal problems. There's a reason for privacy and wrapping up a relationship. I dared myself to walk past him. I looked away, letting him to calm down for a while. I thought it was okay for a few seconds, but...

"Hyeri-ssi" he suddenly caught my arm. "Please stay here for a while"

"I, um...." I tried hard to find the right words. "Kris, its cold in here..." I said. Wait, that's not right.

"You wouldn't mind, right?" he said. "Please, stay here. Just for a second"

"What happened?" I asked, knowing there's something wrong. "Kris, why did you ask me to stay?"

"......"

"Was that because the person you called before?" I asked. My guess is right, he nodded. But he didn't say anything. I dont know how to handle this, so...

"Do you want me to just accompany? Or do you want to tell me?" I asked him. He quickly answers, "Just accompany me" he said. I nodded and looked to the city view from the bridge. I looked to the frozen river below us. But then I looked away, knowing that I'm still afraid of highs. 

"Hyeri-ssi" he suddenly called. "Have you ever get cheated?" he asked. 

"Never" I said. "I never dated anyone, so I never get cheated" 

"Well, you're lucky" he said. "I hope you never get that"

"Thanks, Kris" I answered. I looked to him, who's trembling. His eyes looked watery, but the tears didn't come out. I know, deep down, he still loves his girlfriend. 

"Kris..." I called him. The next thing I know, I hugged him. I wanted to comfort him, I couldn't let him just crying. "I feel sorry for this" I said. I slowly released him, looked to his face. Strange, he didn't feel bad for crying in front of me.

"You understood" he said. "No one ever hugged me when I'm crying. Not even my parents"

"So... I'm the first?" I asked.

"Yes" Kris answered. "Its okay, Hyeri-ssi. I do need some comforts... especially at these times" he said. He was ready to tell what happened. He looked to the frozen river.

"She was loving someone else" he said. "I thought she was after me, I thought she really wants me. Not until I found out she had it with another guy"

"Had it?"

"You know what I mean" he smiled bitterly. My eyes widened. "That... is... that is so mean" I said. 

"I know" Kris agreed. "For now on, I dont want that kind of girl again"

"Well, you deserve a better one" I patted his shoulder, giving supports as a friend. "You need to show her, you're going to be happier after this"

"Should I?" Kris hesitated. 

"She doesn't worth your tears, you silly" I smiled. "Why would she do that to a handsome guy like you? She's done a big mistake. By the way, Kris, you should move on..."

Kris was silenced at first, but he laughed a bit. "Yeah, right" he nodded. "But..."

"But what?"

"By any chance, did you just call me handsome?" he asked. I laughed, feeling embarrassed. "You are a flatterer, huh?"

"I'm not!" I laughed. "Come on, Kris. There's still tomorrow. Yet I'm so sleepy now..."

"Right" he said. "So... bye, then"

"I'll see you tomorrow" I said. I was about to go when he suddenly caught my arm. Again!

"I'll walk you home" he volunteered. Wait, he dared to do that.

"...."

"Come on, Hyeri-ssi" he said. "Lets walk together. You're not supposed to walk alone at these times"

"Alright" I smiled as he walked me to my apartment. 

<<<<<>>>>>

"Hey, lets meet again tomorrow. On the bridge"

I suddenly woke up, remembering that I had an appointment with him today. I quickly dashed to the bridge. As usual, Kris is an early person. He's already there, smiling as if last night was nothing. 

"Hyeri-ssi" he called. "You're late"

"Ugh, I tried hard to be quick" I said. "Mianhae"

"No" he said. "I dont forgive you"

The next thing I know, a snow ball. The snow landed right on my face. Kris was laughing. I never saw him laughing. 

"Yah!" I looked to him. I chased him but he's running away. "Yah, Kris! Dont you get away from me!"

"Catch me if you can" he smirked then he ran as fast as he can. I chased him, following him. "Kris! Wait! Yah! Why you're running so fast? Wait for me!" I chased him.

He was running to a park nearby the bridge. The December wind suddenly didn't felt so cold. When he reached the park, I can make it to him, but I accidentally pushed him, cause both of us to fall together on the wide snow field. He quickly got up, laughing. Then he started showering me with snow! 

"Kris, you evil!" I fought back to him. I throw snow all over his face. He was busy laughing so he fell on the snow. I smiled, realizing that he recovered so fast. "So, you were asking me to come in the morning for this?" I asked.

"Well, you told me you hate winter" he said. "So I asked you for this"

"Let me guess..." I replied. "You loved winter, huh? You never told me"

"There's nothing wrong with it" he laid back to the ground. "Besides... I love snow. I was born in winter, and I was born to love winter"

I laughed, throwing a snow ball to him. He laughed. "You're so funny" he said.

"And you're so silly!" I laughed. He got up and start making... a snowman?

"Yah, Kris" I called him. "I didn't know you still like snowman"

"I told you, I loved winter" he said. He sculpted it well. The snowman has curves, and a long hair. Wait is that...

"Look" he said. "Its you" 

"It doesnt have a nose" I commented. "Are you joking on me?"

"Oh, right" he said. He took some snow, sculpted it into a nose-like shape, then sticked it onto the snow-woman. I smiled. "I should make one" I said. I started to take a lot of snow. I'm sculpting a snowman, named Kris. 

"That's a big one" he commented. I ignored and make the snowman looked like him. He's tall, has a black hair that shaved here and there, and he has stern face lines. 

"That's ugly" he said. I laughed. "Well, you're saying you are ugly"

He smiled. "I want to save this" he said. He took out his phone and starts taking pictures of the snow-humans and me. 

For the first time, we got closer. Kris made me love winter. I always stayed home, but once we both had free time, he would take me skiing, or playing with snow. He once took me on sledding. He taught me snow-boarding. As time goes by, I felt warmer around him. The weird feeling continues, I felt happier when I'm with him. I realized, if he's happy, I'm happy. For him, I wasn't just someone who he always met on the bridge. I am a friend to him. Maybe. 

But he's happy now. I'm glad. We've been so close along the winter, until I realized the winter's almost over. I waited, maybe one day, just maybe, he would confess to me. So he can hear my heart. So that I can hear his. If that day never come, I'll be fine. We'll remain as friends, we'll feel enough of it. 

As usual, we met again at the bridge. I looked to the text message inside the bus.

Hyeri-ah, lets meet tonight. I wanted to say something. But if you proceed to come late, I'll wait.

I smiled. I wanted to bring him something as well. Fruits. I suddenly wanted to eat fruits. Maybe Kris will like it too. I'll try to give some fruits for him. Maybe we can eat together. Although its just fruits, but I cannot afford some meals. My money is only enough for fruits only. So, I stopped by to buy some fruits at the groceries store.

Tonight, was a sweet night. It is going to be. Before I found out...That one night. One night that changed my life.

I just back from the groceries to but some fruit, suddenly i heard someone screaming. I froze and just stand there, looking to the bridge. "Who the hell is that?" So i decided to looked towars the sound. And nothing i got there. 

"Maybe just some people laughing at midnight..." i said and walked back to the bridge.

After a few minutes, I felt someone following me. I thought it was the winter wind. Calm down hyeri. It just your annoying paranoids,I thought. But it was something else, so I stopped for a second and turned around. 


"AAAH!!" I screamed loudly.

"I-its me..."

"Who are you?!!" 

I cant believe it. Its him. Its Kris. I looked to him. He was bleeding on his waist. A tear escaped from my eyes.

"EH...Kris?....God what happened with you?!" I dropped all my fruits and come to him. He coughed many times and fell down a few times. 

"Whats wrong wi-YOU GET STABBED?!" I asked.

He just nodded.  "H-he-lp m-me...." he said.

"Who did this to you..? Please hold on..." 

I fight all my fears and carry him to my apartment. When I reached my apartment, I quickly lay him down.

"P-please be safe..." I stuttered. "Kris!" I pressed his waist, trying to stop the bleeding. "Please, hold on, Kris... I'll call the ambulance, okay?"

I ran to took my handphone and called a hospital and tell them to send their ambulance to my house.

"I-I was stabbed... by a loanshark" he said. "Gwaenchana... please, Hyeri..." he tried to say.

"H-hey...calm d-down Hyeri...." he let a really soft and weak chuckle, before he went unconscious. 

"Kris!!KRIS!!"

The ambulance came a few minutes later. I hope its not too late. Is it late enough for us?

I ended up, spending a couple hours, sitting in front of the ICU. I looked at my phone. 02.00. But i still dont feel sleepy. I heard the door opened.

"Doc! What happen with him?! Is he alright....?" I asked him, so worried about Kris.

"He lost a lot of blood from the wound. There's a very slight chance for him to survive. I'm sorry...." 

"Youre kidding me...." I ran to his room. I saw him sleeping very peacefully. His pale skin just like a cotton. Almost lost its color. I held back my tears and carresed his face. His heartbeat was beating very slowly from the monitor.

"Hey....wake up you giant...." I called him.

"You know what? Finally i can touch you like this," I said as my hand caressing his black hair. "Im sorry I...I cant confess this to you before this happen..." i sighed. "Please answer me....even it just a smile. . .please...." i begged to him and let my tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Kris, please..." I said. "I love you. You cannot die here, Kris... I love you"

There. I confessed first. I said my last words to him, perhaps. But...

"H-hye-ri..............."

I blinked, not believing this, but I saw an angel smile to me.........I can say he still looked charming although his face covered with an oxygen tube. 

"Kris......" i held his giant hand. Our hands interwined to each other, as if we never wanted to let it go.

"Hyeri-ah...."

"Yes..?" My tears flowed even more when he called my name. 
"C-can i h-hug you..?" I was surprised at his request.
"Of course you can, Kris." Then I hugged him. I smiled on his mint scent. Slowly, his heart rate gets weaker as II hug him.I whispered to him. "Its okay if you want to leave...ill be okay, i promise...."

"Dont lie, Hyeri......"

"Kris. I'm happy if you are happy. I'm happy, for all this. The times we spent together... You did it Kris. I loved winter. You made me. You made my life better. I could've never found another one like you, Kris. The best thing of all, we both happy, for each other. I'm glad I can say this to you, before you go" I explain him."Im not........just go, Kris. I love you..."

He smiled. "Thank you....." he said. "Park Hyeri, saranghae"

The next thing I heard was a long beep. He's done to live. He's gone. 

I looked outside. The snow has gone. The trees starts to grow their leaves. Kris was gone with the winter. Hours I spent in his room, even when doctor stated his death and checked on his conditions. But I held his hands. He felt like snow now. So cold.

Even though I'm here for just a second, I'm happy. Every second was worthed with you.

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

I wiped my tears as I heard the bell rang. I looked to the intercom, there's this old couple. I opened the door. A man and a woman.

"Please let us in" the man said. "We wanted to talk to you about Kris"

I nodded, as I let them in. I prepared some snacks and hot water for them. Looks like they're Kris's parents.

"Park Hyeri-ssi"

I looked to the old couple who just came in. They looked worried to me. The couple, they are Kris's parents.

"I'm sorry" the father said. "We were too late to come for this. Our son, we knew it wasn't your fault. We didn't know what happened, but I know he wouldn't die in your hands... Hyeri-ssi, we came here to thank you"

"Thank you? For what, sir?"

"For accompanying Kris on his last days" the mother said. "Kris, we never saw him like that"

"What do you mean?"

"We tried hard to contact him. But he's hard to find" Kris's mother said. "But he refused to contact us. Until we found him here in Seoul. When we stepped into his apartments... We found this"

I took the photo she handed. I cried to tears as I looked at the photo. It was my writing on the snow. I was writing it on the snow, but I didnt know he knew it and wrote it at the same time. He liked me, before that night. He never show me this photo. I looked to the date. It was one year ago. Two days after he broke up. He was loving me all along.

"Kris, saranghae"

"Nado saranghaeyo, Hyeri-ah"

 

========================================================================================================================

A/N:

it was a sad story... hehe, I'm sorry if its really, really sad. Thanks for reading, and dont forget to COMMENT!

-elpeunumber1