My not-so-perfect life

Hey Cinderella , I'm Your Wolf Charming

  "KYUNGMIII!!!" screamed Saeri , your elder stepsister between the two , from the second floor. "Coming" you huffed , while trying to balance all the plates consisting your two stepsister's breakfast . Sounds easy , right ? But , not if you have to carry 3 scrambled eggs, 5 bibimbap, 5 bowls of rice, 10 pieces of bread, 3 different types of jams; strawberry, blueberry and orange, 4 dakbal and 2 thermal flask consisting of Insamcha and Danggwicha. You steadied all of them , and hurried up the stairs. 

  You pushed open the door with your foot and put down all the breakfast on the tea table at the corner of the room . 

   "Took you long enough" scofffed your younger stepsister , Saera . "Don't you try and slack off again on work, or I will tell mother" Saeri "threatened". "Do you understand?!?" demanded Saeri . "Yes" you replied , and quickly rushed down the stairs to go get your stepmother's breakfast before she starts making an earthquake too.

     Luckily , to your relief your stepmom was still asleep . Atleast that’s one less screaming head .

    ------

Just when you were about to have your breakfast –which was only plain bread and an apple- you heard Saera hollering your name again. You quickly shove the bread and gulp it down with water , and stuffed the apple in your pocket.

 

“Yes?” you tried to catch your breath . Just as you came in , you were welcomed with a pair of flung in the direction of your face . You caught it just before it hit right smack onto your face .

 

“Wash all our clothes!”

 

“But, I just washed all of them yesterday” you said in disbelief .

 

“Yeah, but you didn’t wash them properly. We want them to smell like roses!”

 

“What’s wrong with lavender? You’re the one who picked it anyway.” You were starting to get irritated now. I mean it’s not easy washing clothes , especially if the quantity is more than 70 .

 

“Yah, babo didn’t I just tell you , I want roses!!!”

 

 

The door slam hard behind you, and came in your stepmother . “What is the meaning of this?!?” she screamed like an eagle , no kidding AN EAGLE .

 

“Umma , we want our clothes to smell like roses . But, somebody doesn’t know how to shut and just do her job.” Saera whined and pointedly look at you.

 

You were roughly pushed to the floor . “You ungrateful brat, no wonder your mom couldn’t stand you and DIED because of you . That’s why your dad had to marry someone better than your mother , ME . “ She snarled and emphasized on the word ‘died’ .

    You tried to bit back the pain; emotionally and physically . And you just walk out of the room limping , unfortunately when you were pushed the impact of the fall went to the joints on your knee , and it pained you greatly .

 

   You twirled the necklace pendant between your fingers ( your mother’s last gift to you ) , while a tear rolled down your cheek. *Umma…….* you remembered her warm eyes, her joyful smile, her assuring voice.

 

     

     You snapped back to your cold reality. And made your to the laundry room, it  should have been easy right? Right now with the modern technology , just click a few buttons, wait and then your done . But, no for your case you have to hand-wash all of them one by one .

 

    After hand-washing all of them; about hmm… let’s see the whole wardrobe which consist of oh I don’t know more than 50 and getting a whole lot of blisters . You handed them their rose-conditioned washed clothes , and didn’t even get a single thank you .

 

  So , after doing your other chores such as moping, sweeping, washing, cleaning and making lunch. Unexpectedly, the phone rang, you dusted your hands on the apron and went to pick up the phone.

 

   “Hello, is this the Ahn’s residence?” A female voice came from the earpiece .

 

   “Yes, how can I help you?” You replied back.

 

   “Ah yes . May I please know your name and how you are related to Ahn Jisong?” She asked .

 

  *She’s talking about appa” you thought . Then replied  “I’m Ahn Kyungmi and I am his daughter.”

 

  “OK, great. I am Nurse Bora from Baekje Hospital, how may I say this-“ the nurse sounded hesistant.

 

   *Hospital? Oh no , what’s wrong?* you gripped the phone tight while thinking of the possibilities.

  The nurse continued “-unfortunately your father was involve in an accident, he is in an unconscious state……-“ she trailed abit, you can feel your fear gripping your heart. She finally said “-…….and we are afraid he might not make it”

 

   It felt like the world stop, you freeze with wide eyes. The phone dropped due to your shock, you couldn’t move and tried to deny the truth.

 

  A faint distant voice of the nurse was coming out of the phone “Hello? Miss? Are you there? Miss?”

 

  Right now, you couldn’t do anything but stared ahead....…and feared for what’s coming on next .

 

 

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Anneyong! First chappie here, thank you to all my subscribers. Mianhae it took quite a long time , actually I put up the first chap a few days ago, but somehow the chapter was on hide so yeah maybe that explains why you guys couldn't see it. Anyway, hope you like it so far :)

   -awesome261