Unexplainable explanation

[Hiatus] Living my dream

 

"Splash!" A bucket of cold icy water fell on me, causing me to get up abruptly. The water gave me a good soaking and i was drenched to the bone. I was shivering and shaking. I rubbed the water out of my eyes and focused on the blurred silhouette in front of me. I stared as the figure towering over me quickly kneeled down and passed me a towel. He opened his mouth and appeared to be talking to me but water had gotten into my ears and I could barely hear anything. 
 
"Ji Hyo ah, are you alright? What happened to you? Why did you faint?" He shot me a string of questions and looked at me in a concerned manner. Did I just hear... Ji Hyo? At this point, I shocked, confused and going mad. This was a rather strange and unexplainable explanation to what was happening, something which I just couldn't accept. This was all too sudden. Me... Ji Hyo? I remembered the reflection I saw in the mirror. It was definitely Ji Hyo. So now, I'm Ji Hyo? I just couldn't process the thought. Something must have happened on that night. Either that, or I was dreaming.
 
" Ji Hyo! Can you even hear me? Answer me!" The guy was shaking me vigorously. I was still shivering from the cold and gave him a helpless and desperate look. Shock had definitely taken over me and I was at a loss of words. I stared into the space. He was about to pour another bucket of water over me but I quickly forced out a reply.
 
"Who are you?" I finally managed to stammer. He gave me a strange expression before muttering something under his breath. I asked the same question again but he gave no reply. Instead, pulled me up and dragged me to the living room sofa. 
 
"Ji Hyo ah, you seriously have to stop drinking so much. It's getting quite annoying that I have to keep checking on you every night to make sure you're okay." He said casually as he helped himself to a cup of coffee. Drinking? This man was getting on my nerves. First he dumped a whole bucket of icy cold water and now he blamed me for drinking? I got up and stared angrily at him.
 
"Tell me now, who on earth are you?" I exploded in anger, cursing under my breath. The man was taken aback. "Just tell me who you are! Is it that difficult?" I screamed at the top of my voice. After all, I was known for my sudden bad tempers. Silence followed and I glared at him. 
 
"I'm Baek Chang Joo......" His voice trailed off and he looked to the ground. I repeated the name out loud and frowned at him. He shot me a puzzled look before picking up his keys from the table. He looked like he had more to say but he revealed nothing more. He stood up and turned to leave. "See you at the office tomorrow".
 
I flopped back onto the leather sofa as I heard the sound of the key turning in the keyhole. That Chang Joo guy had the key to Ji Hyo's house. Honesty, I had never heard of that guy before. He must have been one of Ji Hyo's friend... But definitely not some kind of celebrity. But what kind of relationship did Ji Hyo share with him? Why would he even have the key to her house? Curiosity was killing me and I really wanted to unravel the mess i was in.Things were getting really complicated and I decided to turn to google for help. I found a laptop on the coffee table and typed in 'Baek Chang Joo' in the search engine. The results I got shocked me quite a bit.
 
"Baek Chang Joo, CEO of CJes entertainment, serves jail term for blackmailing and threatening actor" I cringed as i read out the news report. That guy...was Ji Hyo's CEO? He didn't have a clean record and sounded like some vicious criminal to me.The first impression I had of him definitely wasn't good. Pouring cold water all over me didn't help either. He seemed like a heartless guy.
 
Out of curiosity, I typed "running man" in the search box. However,to my surprise, it yielded no results. How could it be? Wasn't running man the most popular korean variety worldwide? Everything was making me confused. It was frustrating.This was really the last straw. 
 
Suddenly, I started to missed my parents, my home and my friends. Why was i even here? It was foreign, confusing and scary. I was on my own and I felt lonely and helpless. Tears ran down my cheeks. I wanted to be back in the loving comfort of my own home, out of this dream that was turning into a confusing nightmare. I needed to find a way to go home.