You Lose and You Gain ~ chapter one

You Lose and You Gain

Jong Hyun’s POV

“Eh! Stop making me go to the clubs!” I shouted and screamed while Yong Hwa pulled me to the clubs.

“Why?” he complained.

“I don’t like too! It’s too noisy in there! You know I hate clubbing!” I yelled at him.

“I don’t.” he retorted.

“Oh, yes you do.” I told him.

“Every time I ask you to tell me why you don’t like clubs, you would ignore me and go away! How am I suppose to know anything?!” Yong Hwa fumed. I thought about it. True, I have never told them,Yong Hwa,Min Hyuk andJung Shin,my reasons but they should leave me alone.

“Now come with me!” Yong Hwa said and dragged me along with him. He was much stronger than me resulting me to slump behind him. I pouted and let him drag me. Now everyone thought we were weird.

“Stop dragging me! I can go myself!” I commanded, earning more stares from people. He just seemed to realise that people were giving us those stares and let me go.

“Thank you.” I whispered sarcastically. I rubbed my now red wrist.

“Let’s go.” He simply said and walked in front of me. Having no choice, I followed him. After we went into the club, the loud noise started to travel into my ear. I had a horrible head ache. I walked over to the bar. I just sat there at the bar and ordered orange juice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny’s POV

“How come you can’t serve any customers well, Sunny?!” shouted me boss.

“M-mian, I will do better this time.” I apologised.

My boss started asking me, “You better! You must repay me good. Who was the one who that helped you when you were homeless, living in the streets? Who was the one that showered you with gifts and expensive brand clothes? And who was the one that helped you pay college fees?” and who was the one that made me sleep with their customers’ every single day? I asked silently to myself.

“You, my boss.” I replied, not grateful at all but trying to sound grateful.

“Good that you know. Now, do you know what to do tonight?” my boss asked me.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Now, go!” she shouted at me. I hurriedly bowed and left the place. Tonight I had to find at least two customers with money and have it with them, then after, I would steal their money. I sighed as I tried to find my first customer tonight. I was lucky today and spotted a young, handsome and rich one sitting with girls around him. Bingo! This will make me have a lot of money. I slowly approached the man and sat next to him, pushing all the other women away, making them growl and glare at me. I ignored them.

“Hey, baby.” The guy whispered in my ear. I shivered in disgust.

“Hey.” I said softly, leaning against the guy’s broad shoulders. His breath smelt of alcohol.

“What’s your name?” he asked me while tracing his hand on my arm. I glared at the others to tell them to go away.

“All of you, go away.” The guy commanded. The reluctantly walked away and I smirked.

“Lee Sunny.” I replied to his question.

“Ok Taecyeon.” The guy breathed. We started drinking a little and I eventually got him a bit drunk. I wasn’t a bit drunk though. That’s why my boss had me in.

“How about we go upstairs?” I asked him in a seducing voice.

“Sure.” He said and stood up. I put my hand in his and we both went up to the rooms available upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jong Hyun’s POV

I sat silently, sipping my orange juice while watching Yong Hwa,Min Hyuk andJung Shin dancing around the girls, grinding them. Actually, it looked more like the girls were grinding them. I sighed and recalled the past, the reason why I didn’t like clubs.

*flashback*

“Omma! Don’t go!” I cried, holding onto my omma’s hand.

“I have to go. It was because of your Appa that I had to work this hard. Just because of my foolishness to love him when I was just a bar tending girl, sleeping with men each day.” My Omma smiled bitterly.

“No Omma! It’s not your fault!” I yelled at her.

“Listen, Jong Hyun, my boy, I don’t want you to hurt anyone else. Promise that you will not go into a club.” She whispered, her voice dying.

“Yes, yes, Omma, I promise.” I promised.

“Good now.” She said her final words before she went into a deep sleep, a slumber to never be able to wake up again. She let go of me hand, making it slide down slowly.

“Omma! Omma! Don’t leave me! I need you!” I pleaded though I knew it was no use. Tears started coming out of my eyes. My Appa had left us when I was young to make a new family. He yelled to Omma these words, ‘!’, ‘!’ and ‘b.tch!’ when he left us. I couldn’t stop crying. I was alone in this world now. Or as I felt I was.

*flashback ends*

I started to get angry and ordered the bar tender to get alcohol.

“Hey, bar tender, get me some beer!” I yelled. He obediently nodded and got me a cup. I brought the cup to my lips and tasted it. It was bitter but I didn’t stop myself from drinking more. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“See, I knew it was right to tell Yong Hwa to get you here. Are you enjoying yourself now?” asked Min Hyuk.

“Yeah.” I murmured, getting drunk. I got another cup and gulped down everything. Soon, it was near two in the morning. I just continued drinking, not having a care in the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny’s POV           

I woke up and saw a hand around my waist. I turned to the guy and saw him sleeping very deeply. Moving from the bed carefully, I got my clothes on. I tip toed to his wallet and saw money in it. I pulled it out and smirked in victory. In total, it was $2300.

“Uh.” I heard him move in the bed and I immediately got out of the room. I sighed when I escaped successfully. One customer down, one more to go. I walked down stairs slowly. I tuck the money in my pocket. I bit my lip while trying finding another victim. Actually, it was more like I was the victim. I hate this job.

“Bar tender, more!” I heard a guy yell. I whipped my head to the bar and saw a handsome young man sitting on one of the chairs, already drunk. Yes! Today must be my lucky day. I can actually get him to the room, undress him, get his money and I will be done. I smiled and walked over to the guy.

“Hey, cutie, mind going up to a room?” I said seductively and placed my hand on him arm. I saw him turn to me with tired eyes. He stood up and pointed at me, unsteadily.

“You…” he said and before he got to finish his sentence, he fell to me, his head on my shoulders. I looked at him from my side and he looked very cute. I think I have fallen for him. His features were so perfect. I don’t think I have ever seen anyone like him. His skin was flawless, smooth and soft. He looked like the most handsome being in the world. I stared at his face for a while, completely absorbed. I started to realise that he was so heavy so I struggled to get him into a room. I finally got him in. I was about to get the money in from his pocket until he grabbed my hand. I was shocked and froze. Then there was stillness. I looked up and saw him still sleeping. He must be dreaming and unconsciously swiped his hand to mine. I quickly to the money out and was about to leave until he stood up. I was shocked. Had he really woken up this time? I saw him still drunk so he must be doing this unconsciously. He pinned me to the wall and I yelped. What was he trying to do? I tried to escape from his grasp but he was sure strong. I saw him heading to me and I ducked but it was too late, his lips were on mine. I suddenly felt a spark between us. After a while, I got back to my senses and tried to push him off me but I failed.

“Let go!” I yelled even though he didn’t care. This kiss was so good that I stop struggling and replied to the kiss and that was one night that I actually enjoyed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jong Hyun’s POV

I woke up by the blinding. My head hurts so much. I rubbed it and tried to recall what had happened. I saw flashbacks but I couldn’t remember. I looked down at myself and saw I was . I immediately opened the covers and looked to my left. There wasn’t any blood there but there was white liquid. I cussed under my breath. I did something that I promised to Omma that I will never do in my whole life time. I heard my phone ring and I looked up. I picked it up.

“Yobosaeyo, Jong Hyun.” I heard.

“Oh hey, Min Hyuk.” I said.

“Where were you last night?” he asked.

“I-I had a one night stand.” I stuttered.

“Cool man! Which cute chick did you hook up?” he sound excited.

“I didn’t do it on purpose!” I whined.

“Oh well, least you got some deal. Make sure you are a wake next time.” he told me.

“Oh My Gosh! Listen! My Omma died because of looking after me. She had to work hard because her husband left her. The reason she had me was because of a one night stand like this.” I explained to him in one breath.

“Wow. So, what do we do now?” he asked.

“I dunno.” I replied.

“I think we will have to find her.” Min Hyuk said.

“But how?” I asked.

“I dunno.” He said.

“You are such a help! Thanks!” I said sarcastically and hang up. I looked down to the bed. She was going to be hard to find.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 months later

Sunny’s POV

“B-boss, I don’t t-think I can do this job anymore.” I said.

“What!?” she boomed at me. I looked down.

“I-I am p-pregnant.” I confessed.

“Abort it!” she commanded me.

“I-I can’t.” I stuttered.

“Yes, you can!” she yelled at me, reading to kick me in the stomach.

“Stop!” I heard someone yell. I turned my head to the door and saw the guy that made me pregnant. I gasped. What was he doing here?

“Who are you?!” my boss demanded.

“Jong Hyun, Lee Jong Hyun.” He replied. So his name was Jong Hyung? Cute name.

“Go away!” my boss commanded.

“I am going with her.” She said.

“No!” shouted my boss.

“Yes.” He said, calm.

“You have no rights too!” she shouted.

“Yes, I do!” he yelled back. Ignoring the two, I silently made my way outside. I looked back the two before I finally left the place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jong Hyun’s POV   

I looked to my right and didn’t see the girl I tried so hard to find.

“Where is she?” I mumbled.

“Huh?” the woman said and looked to her left.

“Where did she go!?” the woman shouted to herself.

“I need to ask you some questions.” I said, looking right at the woman.

“What?!” she spat. I felt angry but I had to be calm to have her answer me.

“What’s her name?” I asked.

“I won’t tell you!” she said and marched away. I felt flames burning inside me.

“Hey, you’re the father of Sunny’s baby, right?” I heard someone ask me. I turned around.

“What baby? And, who is this Sunny?” I asked her.

“Sunny, the girl that you tried to help before. And, she is pregnant with some guy’s baby. I am not sure whose child it is. She slept with two men on the day she was pregnant, one including you.” she told me. Oh, so Sunny was her name. She slept with two guys in one day?

“No, don’t think badly of her! She is just forced to do this. She didn’t want to. And I am sure the child is yours. She told me the second person that night she had with, the guy was drunk. And, he didn’t wear protectors. I saw the first guy she snatched and he was quite sober.” She explained.

“What do you mean ‘forced’?” I asked.

“Well, when she was little, she was homeless so my boss here got her in and treated her nicely for the first few weeks but then things started to get ugly for her. And I think she has finally found her true love. Just, he has to accept her after what she did.” She said.

“All of you! Get to work!” I hear their boss yell.

“I got to go. See you some other time. Actually, I think it would be best if I didn’t see you again.” She said and hurriedly left the place.

“Wait..!” but it was too late. She had already left. Now I have to find this Sunny again, especially if the child in her stomach might be mine. I already took six months in finding her and not I have to look again. She most likely not going to come back because she is pregnant. At least I have her name that should be easier. But, how many Sunnys’ are there in the world? I sighed as I made an exit out of the place. It feels like I will never be able to find her again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 months later

I tiredly washed the dishes at the place I am working at. I am already carrying a child but I have no relatives, making me work for food myself. At least this life is better than sleeping with men each day.

“Wash this, Sunny!” my new boss commanded me softly. She knew I was pregnant and didn’t want me to work too hard. She is a very nice person. After finishing washing everything, I washed my hands and got ready to get out.

“Good night, boss!” I said.

“You too! And get home safe!” she told me.

“Thanks! I will.” I shouted back at her and left the place. I walked through the silent night, rubbing my stomach in the process. My tummy sure has gone bigger. I finally arrived at the apartment that I narrowly afforded with all my part time jobs.

“Hey, Miss Lee.” An old man behind the counter greeted me.

“Hi.” I said and bowed.

“How have you been?” he asked.

“I am fine. You?” I asked.

“I am good. Where is your husband?” he asked.

“Oh, I don’t have a husband.” I said.

“Oh.” He let out and looked at me with pity. I hated when people looked at me like that.

“Your monthly apartment bills are already paid.” The man told me.

“What? I didn’t remember paying it.” I said, confused.

“I don’t know. It just says that it is already paid.” He said.

“Oh, okay.” I muttered.

The elevator doors opened and I walked in. I lived on level six.

“Ding!” the elevator doors opened. I walked out and grabbed the keys from my bag and opened the door. I walked in and slumped myself on the sofa in my house. I rubbed my tummy and remembered him, the father of the baby.

“I am sorry; I couldn’t let you have an experience with a father. It’s my entire fault.” I whispered to my baby inside and let the tears fall. I looked at the clock. It was getting late. I got my clothes and was getting ready to take a shower when I heard a knock at the door. I jumped and froze. Who could be knocking at this hour of the day? I slowly crept to the door, making sure I didn’t make a noise. I peeked in through the whole at the door and saw the father of the baby I am having. I gasped silently. Why is he here?

“Who are you?” I asked in a low voice, trying to disguise myself from him.

“Is there a Sunny here?” he asked.

“Why?” I asked back. I silently hit myself on the forehead. If I say that, that means I am here.

“I-I need to talk to her.” He said.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you.” I said.

“How do you know?” he asked me. Why can’t this guy just go?

“B-because I am h-her friend.” I stuttered.

“Alright, can you just pass her this to her?” he asked me.

“Sure.” I replied and just stood there.

“Um, how do I give it you then?” he inquired.

“Oh, just leave it by the door and leave.”I told him.

“Oh, alright.” He said. I looked through the whole and saw him leave an iPod. His footsteps were making such a loud but calm noise as he left. Once he was entirely out of site, I opened the door a little and picked up the iPod. I wonder why he gave me an iPod. There was a sticky-note attached to the iPod. I peeled it off the iPod.

“Listen to the first track.” I read aloud. I got myself comfortable with a cup of water and sat down at the sofa. I the iPod and plugged it in my ear.

“Hi, um, I don’t know how to start this. Remember the night, the night that changed your whole life?” I nodded even though he would never know.

“Well, I just wanted to say that, I will take responsibility. I know that you have been working hard to pay the rental fees so I payed it for you. But I’m not looking for pity or am I pitying you.” a tear fell from my eye. Why did he have to do these things? It would be harder for me to let go.

“Please let me have a chance to take care of you and the baby. I am not doing this out of pity or just because I have to take responsibility. I think that, from the first time, no, the second time I met you, I have fallen in love with you. Please give me a chance to love, cherish and care for you.” I let the tears fall from my eyes freely. He was so sweet. I immediately got back to my senses and ran out of the front door. I wanted to stop him. I wanted to be with him forever. I didn’t care that he only wanted to be with me because of the baby. I just wanted to be with him, to be in his embrace. I can live; I can live with him even though he might not have any feelings for me. I just wanted to be by his side. I saw a back of someone.

“Wait!” I cried and ran to that person. I wrapped my arms around him. He froze on spot.

“I will give you a chance.” I whispered. He slowly turned around and faced me.

“Chincha?” he asked. I hugged him again and nodded in his chest. He hugged me back very tightly. I was so happy right now. I would give anything to be in his arms again. My tummy started hurting a lot.

“Ah! It hurts!” I cried. He let me go and looked at me. I had blood coming out from my legs.

“Are you alright!?” he panicked.

“Call…the…ambulance!” I managed to say.

“Right, right.” He said and took his phone out from his pocket. He dialled numbers.

“I need an ambulance! My girlfriend’s water broke!” he gushed. I was happy in the pain that he called me his girlfriend. He set the phone of on loudspeaker.

“Have you set it on loudspeaker yet?” I heard.

“Yes.” He replied.

“Good, now I want you to breathe in and out.” She instructed. He started breathing in and out.

“Not you! Your girlfriend!” she yelled at him. I laughed a bit. She must have heard the panting and knew it wasn’t me. I followed what she said and breathed in and out slowly, trying to suppress the pain.

“Now, coax her. She will need to be calm.” She said.

“It will be okay. You will be fine. The baby will be fine.” he started trying to coax me but I laughed a bit aside from the pain. He was so cute and funny. I heard ambulance sirens.

“Move please! We need to get her in!” yelled a person. I struggled to look up. I felt myself being lifted by a stretcher. After that, everything was a blur to me. I felt like I was being controlled with every step.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jong Hyun’s POV

I was pacing around and around the hallway. I was so scared.

“Hey, Jong Hyun, what is it?” asked Min Hyuk who just came.

“You know, the girl that I had a one-night stand with, well, she I pregnant and is in there.” I explained to him.

“Oh yeah, that girl. How did you find her?” Min Hyuk questioned.

“I tracked her for six months till I was able to know where she was and what her occupation was. After that, I came to find her but I lost her. All I knew is, her name; Sunny. So after that, I found her again and decided not to approach her too soon. I watched how she was coping with life everyday and she was working hard. I then approached her, and here I am.” I told him.

“Oh, that’s what you were doing for the past eight months.” Min Hyuk said.

“Yeah.” I mumbled.

“Wait, if it’s been eight months’, then if she is labour now, isn’t it dangerous?” Min Hyuk asked.

“Yeah! Oh My Gosh, what do I do now?!” I panicked.

“Calm down, calm down. She will be fine. There are plenty of woman who have encountered this before.” Min Hyuk soothed.

“Okay…” I said, still not at ease. Suddenly, the door opened. I immediately strode to the doctor.

“How is she?! Is she okay?!” I asked.

“Sorry to say this, but you must choose a life threatening decision. You have to choose, are you to keep the mother, or the baby?” the doctor said.

“What!? What do you mean, ‘choose’?!” I exploded at him.

“Calm down, Jong Hyun. The doctor is just doing his job.” Min Hyuk said.

“Please choose quickly or else both of the baby and the mother’s life will be in danger.” The doctor rushed. I had decided. I know what I will choose.

“Doctor, please, I want the survivor to be the…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny’s POV

I opened my eyes to realise that I was in a hospital. What was I doing here? I saw no one in here. I remembered the events that happened. I was in labour. I suddenly panicked and grabbed my tummy. It was empty. I saw a nurse come in.


“Nurse, nurse, where is my baby?!” I asked her.

“I am sorry, we couldn’t save it.” She said. I was shocked.

“What do you mean that you couldn’t save it!?” I yelled at her.

“We had to choose between saving the baby or the mother.” She explained.

“Who made the decision!?” I exploded.

“Mr. Jong Hyun.” The nurse informed. I cried. The only thing to keep him by my side was gone. I didn’t have his love anymore. I cried even harder.

“Are you okay, Miss? Your condition is unstable. You should rest.” She told me.

“Go away.” I commanded her between sobs.

“But…”

“I said, go away!” I yelled at her this time.

“Okay.” She followed my instructions and went outside.

“Hey, how are you, my baby girl?” I heard. That voice sounded awfully familiar. I looked at that person and recognised it was Jong Hyun.

“What are you doing here? You don’t have to take responsibility with me now. You can go find someone else.” I told him coldly when I finished crying.

“Aniyo, I won’t ever leave you.” he told me.

“Leave! Don’t you think that losing the baby is enough!?” I yelled at him. He hugged me but I tried to push him off. I couldn’t and continued to cry. Being in his embrace is so comfortable. I just want to stay like this forever.

“Aniyo, it’s not because I wanted to take responsibility that I won’t leave you. It’s because I love you.” he whispered to me. I stopped crying at once.

“Y-you do?” I stuttered.

“I do. I really love you. Saranghae, Sunny.” He whispered. I felt happy now. He wouldn’t leave me.

“Saranghae, oppa!” I cried and hugged him as tightly as I could. I didn’t want this to be fake or something I had hallucinated.

“You really won’t leave me?” I asked him, afraid.

“Of course not. We can start over again. Make a new family. Because, you are my life, Sunny. I won’t ever let you go.” He said. I was satisfied. I hugged him like there was no tomorrow. He was my life. I vow to be the best wife he can ever have. I vow to be the best person in his life, the best person he had ever met.

“Saranghae, oppa…”