Final

Coffee and Indirect Kisses

 

After 5 years of being apart, Bigbang would be reunited. It would be such a bittersweet moment to be together once again. The powerful rapper Choi Seunghyun had been one of the first to have enlisted into mandatory military service. Those two years not only gave him a new sense of responsibility, but it also brought new feelings, new emotions he didn't really think he had experienced before. He missed his band members, and the one he had missed the most was the maknae of the band, Seungri. Sure, everyone was usually keeping tabs on the troublemaking panda. But TOP felt that perhaps he was worried about him the most because he was the eldest. But in his two years away, as well as the moment V.I had to leave on his quest to adulthood himself, he felt something flourish inside him that he knew wasn't something only a worried hyung would feel. Seungri was special to him, and to see him leave was one of the hardest things to face. Little Seunghyun also felt the same when TOP had to leave. It was unexplainable, that is, until they saw each other once again. The two Seunghyuns were the first to meet up after those long 5 years. At first it seemed rather awkward because time had passed, but the new born feelings were still there waiting to be revealed.

"It has been a long time hasn't it, hyung?" Seungri asked to trying to break the silence as they sat in a quaint cafe  not far from the YG building. It was rather silly, the first thing that came to mind was the song "Cafe" they had all sung together many years before. It seemed as if each passing day he would randomly associate things with some of their song titles. It was what kept him going. He wanted to become stronger and mature for his hyungs and their comeback. He didn’t want to be protected anymore, instead he wished to protect those he cared about.

Seungri was broken from his train of thought as he heard a small cough from the eldest. "Yeah, I guess it has been..." the rapper replied as he looked down at the cup of coffee sitting in front of him. For some reason sitting alone in the coffee shop with the maknae made him nervous. He couldn't look him in the eyes, or it would hurt, or so he thought.

But after a few minutes he became curious. He hadn't really taken his time to look at any possible changes in the youngest member. He looked up to see no longer the face of a foolish and young panda boy. He noticed that the glint in those dark circled eyes was different, much stronger and determined than before. Even his smooth baby face had become more defined; the training had definitely done wonders for him. He no longer saw a 10 yr old boy in the body of a man in his 20's. This time he saw an adult. Perhaps those years he had to live without him were difficult, but they were necessary for the maknae's sake.

"Hyung, I asked if I could have some of your coffee." Seungri asked as Seunghyun snapped back to reality. He found himself staring directly into those dark brown orbs and a smile on Seungri's face. He felt his cheeks go crimson, hopefully the maknae wouldn't notice.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah... Sure." he answered back rather sheepishly. The singer nodded and took a drink of the warm and dark liquid. Back in the day he thought TOP's strong choice in coffee was a bit too much, and he would usually wince at the bitter taste. But now he drank it down like nothing. He let out a sigh as he put the cup back down.

"That sure hit the spot. I should probably buy another one but I don't think I wanna drink too much coffee"

 Seunghyun just nodded, he really wasn't listening. His gaze could have penetrated through the coffee cup in front of him. All his attention was on the edge of the cup where the maknae's lips had touched it. He didn't notice a smile spread on his face. It was an indirect kiss. It was a wonder how a thought so  childish as this was enough to boost his spirits. Seungri noticed the sudden change in his hyung's mood.

"What is it?" he asked with great curiosity.

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it. It’s silly" Seunghyun answered trying to hold in a devious chuckle.

"Yah, hyung! Tell me!" Seungri whined, leaning in a bit across the table. 

Seunghyun looked up at the younger's sudden reproach. So things really haven't changed completely; in a way that relieved him. He still loved the free spirited Seungri, as annoying as he was. It was still fun to be around him and his spontaneous character.

"Yah?yah?Just because you went to the military for two years and are now 28, you think you can talk so informally? You think you are an adult now?" the eldest teased, only to see the smile on the maknae's face fade away. Crap, he really screwed up this time. "H-hey, I was only kidding... I didn't mean it like that..." TOP tried to mend for his mistake, but it didn't seem to be working.

"So that is what you have to say after 5 years? I am still a little kid to you? Is that it?" Seungri asked, completely hurt by the rapper’s words.

Seunghyun let out a sigh and mumbled "I missed you..."

"What?" Seungri wanted to make sure he wasn’t just hearing things.

"I missed you, Seungri-ah." the rapper repeated as his sudden proper and straight posture changed to one of sudden insecurity. It was so unlikely of him to act this way, but he felt as if it was now okay to show weakness to the young singer. Seungri shook his head and closed his eyes to process all of this.

"Seungri-ah I missed you these 5 years. I was worried about you and now I see you have matured. I was just a bit worried that they would take away my...I mean our…Seungri away from us, the real Seungri. I think it is great for you to learn a new sense of responsibility, but I didn't want you to completely change and for that I am relieved." Seunghyun confessed to a dumbfounded maknae.

"H-hyung..." Seungri was speechless. He then cleared his throat. "You are too silly, hyung. Of course I wouldn't change. 'I'm V.I like this' remember?" he chuckled as he quoted his catchphrase from his first solo album. "I mean maybe I did change a little. But I think it is a good thing. Now you won't need to worry about me anymore. From now on I can protect you and back you up like you have done for me all these years. Plus, you are an ahjussi now so it is the job of the younger generation to take care of the elderly." he teased with a grin.

"Yaaah! Who are you calling ahjussi? You aren't so far off either. Babo." the rapper scolded jokingly and tossed a rolled up napkin at the maknae.

Seungri's smile widened. It was glad to be back and to see his hyung again. He remembered the days when he would do the impossible just to get the rapper’s attention.  And he too was glad things haven't completely changed.

"I missed you too,hyung. Call me a masochist if you will, but I missed you finding ways to mess with me and getting back at me for the things I did to you." Seungri said with a chuckle.

"You seriously barely noticed what a masochist you are? Wow, so slow" Seunghyun snickered as he sat up straight again and took a drink from his coffee. It was now cold, but the coffee wasn't the reason he drank from it. His lips formed his trademark killer smile. "Do you still want to know what I was thinking?" he suddenly asked.

"Well if you are willing to tell me without being a jerk, ne!" the maknae answered happily.

"I was just thinking about our kiss" the rapper said coolly only to be lightly slapped on the hand by the flustered maknae.

"What kiss? We didn't kiss you crazy ahjussi!" Seungri responded while sticking his tongue out, trying to make it less noticeable how red in the face he was.

TOP simply smiled. "Oh? But we did maknae. Care to try again?" he held out the coffee cup towards the young singer.

Seungri finally caught on as to what Seunghyun meant and he began to laugh. "You really are a crazy ahjussi. But okay, I guess we can kiss again" he shrugged, taking the cup of coffee and drinking from where the rapper's lips had touched it. Both Seunghyun's continued to sit in the small coffee shop, drinking or "kissing" coffee away. This cafe would be their new favorite place, where they could both enjoy each other’s company.  They now had the strength to protect one another, and from now on nothing would keep them apart. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- So this is it guys XD I hope you enjoyed it >w< It is kind of meeeh. My friend says I should continue the story, but I dunno :P I personally like it as a one shot. What do you all think? Anyways, all comments and feedback is very much appreciated :D Stay tuned to any more one shots I might randomly come up with. <3 <3 <3