And you're not coming back...

Through The Trees [ONE-SHOT]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The doctors had tried everything but in the end there wasn’t much left to do. He had already decided to live his life to the fullest, the time he had left, and that was how we met.

 

 

”I like you.” I looked down at the shorter boy whom I’d never seen before. He was wearing a cap and his brown eyes were framed by a lot of eyeliner. He was cute but I was still wondering who the boy was.

 

”Uhm, do I know you?” I asked and my eyes widened as the boy smiled. I could see how sad he was even though he was smiling.

 

”I’m in my 2nd year now and I just recently discovered that I’ll probably die within two months, which made me think about what I’ve done with my life. Nothing. So I thought that why not just confess to the boy I’ve been in love with for quite some time now. I’ll die anyway so why not, right?” The boy said. I couldn’t believe what he told me. ”I’m glad I even got the chance to tell you since you usually ditch school.”

 

”What’s your name?” I asked.

 

”Byun Baekhyun.”

 

That was the start of our friendship. I got a bit interested in the boy; telling me all about his sickness. I wanted to get to know him and make his last time worth living.

 

 

Everyday together with Baekhyun was just getting more and more interesting. He was smart, charming and cute. He told me the story when he found out that he was gay; the story when he fell in love with me and everything. I got more and more interested in him and just wanted to spend most of my days together with him. He made my boring life completely turning, made it fun to actually live and I felt like I actually did something with my life. I helped an innocent boy who were in love with me to enjoy his last time on earth.

 

”Chanyeol?” I looked down at him and I saw that he was sad. Even though he’d been doing nothing but smiling for those two weeks we got to know each other, I knew that sometimes he was sad and scared. I smiled down at him, flung an arm around his shoulders and comforted him. I assured him that I was there to stay with him. If he wasn’t going to school, then so wasn’t I, because he quickly became my best friend, and I gladly ditched school to go hang out with him. I never payed much attention in school anyways.

 

”Yes?” I then answered him, even though I knew what he was going to say, because I’d heard it so many times before already.

 

”I’m scared.” He said and I ruffled his hair and tightened my grip around his shoulders.

 

”I know.”

 

 

I took Baekhyun out on dates. I payed for dinners, visits at cafés, amusement parks. I payed for everything because I enjoyed how happy he got whenever I did things for him.

 

”Do you like ice cream?” I asked and looked down at the boy holding a cane with chocolate ice cream. He looked up at me and nodded.

 

”It’s delicious!” He exclaimed and kept eating. He moaned slightly as he the sweetness off of his little plastic spoon, and looked so happy. I just laughed at him. He looked up at me with widened eyes and I just kept laughing at the cute boy. ”W-what are you laughing at?” He asked. I never stopped.

 

 

Baekhyun was very week since the beginning. We had known each other for about a month when he got the first attack that I witnessed. He had fallen apart on the ground when we were out on a date. I got so scared but managed to call the emergency. They took him to the hospital and told him not to strain himself. He just nodded and looked out the window.

 

I sat with him for days and just watched him. We had gone on so much funny stuff and I was afraid that this was the time it would all end. He was weak and quiet and didn’t want to smile to much. He never even looked at me. 

 

”Baekhyun? How are you feeling?” I used to ask whenever we didn’t have too much to say, and whenever I almost sat in silence since I didn’t want to annoy him. He turned his head slowly from the window and looked at me. His eyes were red-swollen and I could see that he’d been crying. I felt so bad for him, and when he opened his mouth slightly I somehow noticed my heart skip a beat.

 

”I’m fine. Thank you for always staying here with me.” A small tear escaped his left eye and I leaned forward to wipe it off. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

 

”I’ll take you with me to the forest outside the town some time. I don’t know when but... How about it?” He nodded and I didn’t really think anything more about it. I just wanted him to be happy and maybe he shared the same love for trees that I did.

 

 

A few days later I was allowed to take Baekhyun with me outside, though he had to sit in a wheelchair since his legs wouldn’t support him anymore, since he was very weak. I didn’t mind though, taking him with me downtown to shop, get him more ice cream and such. I enjoyed life with Baekhyun and soon forgot all about my school life, my home and my everything., because Baekhyun had become my everything.

 

”It’s a nice day today.” I said and took a deep breath and kept pushing the wheelchair forward. I took Baekhyun with me to the park. I wanted to have a relaxing day with him and just enjoy the weather. He didn’t say much that day and whatever day it was he was just as sad and quiet. Before he had his attack, he would smile and laugh. Now he would just sit in silence. But that didn’t bother me, because he was still my best friend and I loved him. ”What do you think, Baekhyun?” I asked. Baekhyun shrugged and didn’t show too much emotion in his face.

 

”It’s nice, I guess.” He answered. I sighed deeply before I shout one of my famous smiles towards him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter