Hide n Seek

Rainbow Showers

If not for the cold climate, Ryeowook would have been sweating profusely as he waited for the door to open. He knew the outcome wouldn't be sweet. 

"Yaah! Kim Ryeowook, do you  know how tired I am of waiting for you to come and cook me supper? I hate being alone in here. You know that don't you?! KangIn's in Japan for the movie shoot and you're the only one around. WAE!?!" It was then that Kim Heechul noticed the timid face beside Ryeowook. "Yah, who's this?" 

"Hyung, this is a friend. I was feeling lonely so I asked her if she wanted to come visit us for dinner. Mianhaeyo Hyungnim, I didn't ask you beforehand." Ryeowook was genuinely apologetic. Ruka was feeling a little awkward because she didn't particularly like people with a temper like that of Kim Heechul. She felt chilly, partly to the wintry rains and partly due to the piercing gaze of Heechul. 

"Ah, whatever. Come in you two, before causing anymore trouble. Ryeowook-ah, cook something nice for the two of us. I'm going to finish the new game Kyu brought me. Ah, michin saekki, jinja. I hate that rascal." Heechul left for his room, muttering random curses. 

"Ah, well. Let's get working then. Off to kitchen. Baby, let's go go go go go!" Ryeowook was in a happy mood.

Kitchen always made him happy. Ruka took a chair at the kitchen counter and watched him cook. He made some yummy bibimbap along with some kimchi and fried chicken. He made some french fries for Ruka to munch on. She picked up a few and leaned over the counter to feed a couple to Ryeowook. She her fingers that had brushed across his lips. Ryeowook could feel the heat rising. He decided to make some Strawberry Cream Dessert as well. He was dipping the strawberries in the cream for the embellishment part of it when he felt another hand slithering over his own. Ruka was helping him make the dessert. The dessert was ready in a few minutes time. Ruka's hands were covered with the cream and Ryeowook knew a chance when he saw one. Putting the dessert aside, Ryeowook slowly started nibbling at the beautiful fingers of his angel. He started off the cream in the most sensuous manner he's ever done it. Ruka was holding her breath. With her other hand she slowly traced the path from Ryeowook's chest to his neck. The atmosphere was building up. She reached up to his shoulder and slowly placed a y little bite. Ryeowook hissed in pleasure. Ruka traced the contours of his body with her one hand and that's when they heard a door open. Suddenly they broke apart from each other and started handing out dishes to be carried out to the dining table. Heechul came out and sat at the table. 

The food looked delicious and Heechul was clearly very happy. He filled his plate with parts of all the side dishes that the  ahjumma had already prepared and also, the food Ryeowook just made. Unexpectedly, he got up. "Oh , my game. Wookie, mianhae. I can't dine with you tonight. Hope your friend will be able to make up for my absence, even though it's next to impossible. Jeongmal mianhae. Hyung will make up for this, okay? " He got up with his plate and rushed to his room. 

The atmosphere in the room was rather awkward all of a sudden. 

"Ruka-yah." 

"Oppa. . . it's "

Ryeowook's phone started ringing just in time.

"Ah, hyung, it's me. What's it? Nae, I didn't hear anything from him after that. Nae? MWOH? WHAT? Are you kidding me?! Where's that idiot? Did you tell Heechul hyung? Damn. So does that mean the others? SHIIIIT! Daebak, Hyung!! I am so happy! This is such a happy night. Ah, Hyung, gomawoyo!" Ruka couldn't make the head or tail out of this conversation but she knew her Ryeowook was happy.

"You're such good luck, Angel." He reached out from across the table and held her head in his arm. Before she could realize what was about to happen, he pulled her lips to his and she was in a dizzy ecstatic condition till the pain stung her. "Ouch." She said as she broke off. She touched her lips and there was a drop of blood on her fingertip. She laughed. Somehow, it was a relief to her. The kiss broke the ice between the two. Ryeowook was midway between embarrassment and excitement. "Wait, I'll be ba . . " Right then, Heechul came out from his room. "Yah, did you hear? The enlistment for those in entertainment industry is not mandatory anymore. This means Kyu won't be going! Yah!! I am so happy!" He pulled Ryeowook into a close hug and then he saw Ruka and he pulled her too into a group hug. He was clearly very happy. He placed a kiss on both of their foreheads. In a few moments time, Heechul left the apartment, talking joyously over the phone. Not only was Kyuhyun not going to enlist, the other four who were in army could come back sooner than expected. Ryeowook couldn't believe it at all. His appetite vanished. 

He held Ruka's hands and kissed them. His hands progressed to cup her face. This time around, he was gentle. He didn't want to hurt his angel. He scooped her up in his arms and took her to his room. His head was spinning. The night, it made him dizzy with love. The excitement was over the top. Tonight, he was a new man. 

He placed her on his bed and quickly bolted the door. He felt invincible. Tonight, he was the master of his life. He'd do what he wanted to do. He slowly bent down to face her, their hearts racing a thousand times faster. The kiss was slower and wilder this time around. Ryeowook had his hands all over her, studying her thoroughly. She was from the pleasure of his kiss. They couldn't break off until they were both out of breath. They started laughing at their madness as they laid side by side, staring at the ceiling. "This is crazy, isn't it?" Ryeowook asked Ruka. "Of course, it is. What did you expect, huh?" She was clearly teasing him. "What did I expect? You wanna know?" He got out from the bed, opened a drawer of his bedside table and pulled out something that Ruka couldn't see. "Close your eyes", he said. Ruka obediently followed his instruction. The next thing she knew was that there was something cold dangling around her neck. She opened her eyes to see a lovely platinum necklace around her neck. What was peculiar about it was that it had a ring with a sapphire blue stone in it. "It's a sapphire blue diamond and that's what I want my wife to wear. If you're ready to be that person, just let me know." He looked deeply into her eyes. Both the pairs of eyes were wet and shining so brightly as if they'd burst into blue flames any moment now. 

Call it timing, just then the bell rang. "Ah, hyung!" Ryeowook groaned. He got up to open the door. Ryeowook was unbolting the door when Ruka hugged him from the back and went closer to his ears. "I am not a great cook, and I am not thinking about hiring one any time soon. But I need to eat to live, right? So, what do you think? Wanna cook for me all your life? Mind you, I am a very picky eater. " Saying this much, she bit Ryeowook's ear, playfully. 

Ryeowook couldn't believe his ears. He turned around, tears streaming down his cheeks. He hugged her, as he broke down into tearful sobs. "Saranghae, Ruka-yah!" 

The bell rang again. He placed a quick kiss on her forehead and laughed heartily as he went to open the door.

Ruka sat down and waited for Ryeowook on his bed. 

And the very next moment, the door opened with a bang and there was a happy Kyuhyun, arm in arm with a clearly taken aback Ryeowook. 

As he saw Ruka, the color of his face drained away. He turned to Ryeowook and asked, "Who is this?"

Ryeowook gave a naughty smile and said, " Say hello to your sister-in-law!"