Doodle-babble

Doodle-babble

 

"Onew-sii~!" The coordi whined. "Why is there ink on your arm??"

"Ah, sorry Noona, Sai must've drawn on me again," Onew laughed, twisting his head to try and see the small doodle.

"What is it this time?" Minho laughed, trying not to move while another woman did his hair.

"Looks like just a smiley face," Onew replied with a laugh.

"Oh dear, she's migrating…" one of the other girls sighed, spinning Key's chair slightly so that the others could see that there was a small key drawn on his shoulder in red ink.

The others laughed making Key sit straight in his chair, proud of his doodle, then promptly bark at the coordi when she tried to wipe it off.

"Taemin~!" another coordi whined.

The others burst into laughter as the boy covered his face with his hands as the woman tried to wipe away the blue ink on his shoulder blade.

"I'm surprised I'm not seeing anything on you Minho, I thought she liked to draw on you too," the girl doing his hair laughed.

"Does that mean I can't change pants?" Minho laughed.

The boys burst out laughing again and the coordi gave him a scolding look as he pulled up his pant leg to show her the little fire doodle on his calf.

"Unnie! Share Jonghyun!" she whined.

The others laughed as the blond pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ya Jonghyun, don't feel bad, Sai'll doodle on you eventually!" Key laughed, finally winning over his coordi to leave the ink on his shoulder.

Jonghyun continued to pout, allowing the girl to finish his hair.

After their wardrobe was done, the five moved out to the small auditorium for a sound check and to continue the filming.

"I don't see her…" Taemin claimed, looking around the room.

"She's right there," Onew laughed pointing near the middle of the seats.

A pair of legs were folded over the back of one of the chairs, the feet bouncing to an unheard beat. Onew quickly broke away from the group and dashed towards the legs as the others watched.

"Sai-ai~♪" he sang, peeking over the row in front of the legs. "Are you comfy, little artist?"

"Yes Rooster-oppa, I'm very comfy!" the girl giggled.

"What are you drawing now?" he laughed, leaning further over.

The girl lifted the book so that he could see the copious amount of doodles scrawled all over the page.

"Onew-ssi, say bye to Sai and get on stage!" the director called through his microphone.

"Alright, off I go. Don't stay like that for too long or you'll have back problems," Onew said, patting her knee.

Sai did a mock salute and Onew dashed back to the stage. She shifted in her seat, sitting properly and pulling her socked feet up to rest on the back of the chair in front of her, sketchbook resting against her knees.

The five boys began to dance around the stage and Sai grinned, quickly flipping to the back pages of her book and drawing the favourite movements of her favourite member. Unconsciously, she began to hum along to Ring Ding Dong and bouncing her foot to the beat.

Before long, their rehearsal was finished and the five moved off of the set, Onew waving her down. Sai grinned, stuffed her things back into her bag, threw it over her shoulder and dashed down to the ground floor. She hopped up onto the stage and easily jumped onto Onew's back, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as he brought his hands to her thighs to keep her up.

"So, did you enjoy the sneak preview?" he asked, following the others to their dressing room.

"Yes, it's very catchy and should be against the law for you guys to look so dashing," she laughed.

Key quickly jumped in front of the duo and pulled his jacket off and his sleeve up to show the girl the red key.

"I'm surprised your coordi let you keep it," Sai laughed, patting the ink.

"Of course she let me keep it! I demanded it!" Key claimed with a huff.

Sai and the other boys laughed as they got back to their room. Onew allowed the girl's feet to hit the floor and Sai sat on the small couch while the five changed in an adjacent room. When she was sure that all five of them were changing, she flipped to the back pages of her book and smiled at the drawings.

Her book was suddenly snatched out of her hands, Sai jumping after it.

"NOOO!! Minho give it baaack~!" she whined, reaching for her sketchbook.

"Well, I always had a hunch, but now I can say without a doubt who your bias is," Minho laughed, looking at one of the pictures.

He passed the book back to her and she whacked him on the hip with it making him jump but laugh as her face burned, holding the pages closely to her chest.

"Ya! What are you doing to poor Sai!" Key scolded, coming out of the change room.

"Key! Minho's being mean and teasing me about my drawing~!" she whimpered, giving him her best kicked-puppy face.

"Minho!!"

"What? If you'd seen what she drew you'd too!" Minho laughed, not fazed by Key yelling at him.

Sai smacked him with her book again and he laughed.

Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin came out of the change rooms and Sai was instantly attached to the oldest boy's hip, babbling about how her week had been.

"We'll meet you guys at the van," Onew said as Sai tugged him towards the front desk.

The other boys nodded and made their way outside, Sai hopping over to the desk.

"Hello~♪!" she sang. "I left something here earlier…"

"Can I have your name sweetheart?" the clerk asked, giving the girl a smile.

"Jin Sai."

The woman nodded and moved behind another desk and pulled out a large basket, handing it to the girl.

"Thank you~!"

"Have a good day you two," the clerk waved, giving them a smile.

"You too," Onew replied. "Here, I'll carry it."

Sai handed the basket to the boy and shifted her bag on her shoulder.

"So I heard Minho was teasing you about your pictures… was it the ones in the back?" he assumed more that asked.

When Sai's face went pink he laughed, patting her on the head.

"Sai-ai~! If you like him so much why don't you tell him?" Onew cooed.

"I was thinking of drawing something for him… but I don't know what to draw…" she mumbled, pressing her index fingers together nervously.

Onew ruffled her hair again and smiled at her. "I'm sure you'll think of something."

Sai smiled at him and the two exited the building, instantly seeing the van waiting for them.

They climbed in Onew sitting in the back with Minho and Key while Sai sat in the middle with Jonghyun, Taemin in the passenger seat.

"So Sai, let's talk about that book of yours," Minho teased.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~!" she whined, covering her face with her bag.

"Ya, Choi Minho!" Key barked, smacking the boy on the shoulder.

"Why are you so interested in what she draws anyways Hyung?" Taemin asked, looking back to them.

"Because I got to see one of them and it's adorable~!" Minho continued, leaning forward so that he was closer to Sai's seat.

He suddenly shot back into his seat when Sai whipped around and tried to smack him with her bag.

"Push him forward so I can hit him!" she said, still swinging her bag.


Key and Onew instantly did so as Minho tried to dig his feet into the floor of the van. Sai's arms were still a little too short, so Jonghyun quickly snatched her bag from her and hit him for her making the others laugh.

Soon the group arrived at the dorm. SHINee's manager said that he had something to do so he wouldn't be back for a couple hours, then drove off, leaving the six to head up to the dorm.

The moment the dorm room opened, Sai dashed in, quickly shucking her shoes and leaping onto the couch.

"Mmmmm, nap time," she cooed, nuzzling the cushion.

"Does that mean we open the basket?" Onew asked, raising said item.

Sai shot up from the couch and reached for it. "NOOOOOooooooo! I'm supposed to give it to youuuuu~~!" she whined.

The boys laughed as Onew handed the basket to her as she sat on the arm of the chair.

"What did Umma make this time?" Taemin asked, watching the older girl unwrap the basket.

When the paper was off, it revealed a pot that was covered in what looked like tea-cozies and a couple colourful bottles surrounding it.

"Umma and I saw these in the mall a while ago and we thought you'd like some," she claimed, pulling out one of the bottles.

"Perfume?" Minho questioned.

"The "manly" term is cologne, but if you want to see if like that," Sai laughed, handing him the bottle with his initials on it.

The boys all stepped forward as Sai handed out the bottles, giving them a quick sniff before giving the girl a nod of approval.

"Alright, well I'm having a shower," Minho announced, heading into their bedroom to fetch some clothes.

"I'll put this in the fridge!" Sai chirped, taking the pot out of the basket and skating into the kitchen.

"Wait! I wanna see what's in it!" Onew laughed, running after her.

Taemin stretched and followed after the two, no doubt to snatch himself a bottle of banana milk. Jonghyun walked over to the couch and flopped down, turning on the TV while Key went over to the computer.

Onew soon retreated to their room, Sai right on his tail, Key and Jonghyun chuckling when they noticed the pen clasped in her hand.

"Sai-ai~♪! Cuddle with me!" Onew's voice sang.

"NOooooooo! Let me doodle on you instead!" Sai's voice shot back.

"But the noonas don't like it when you doodle on me~!"

"Well the noonas aren't here right now so give me your arm!"

Key and Jonghyun burst out laughing at the exchange, and due to the fact that there was no reply, they assumed that Onew gave up.

A couple minutes passed and Sai snuck out of the bedroom.

"Did he fall asleep?" Key asked.

"Yeah and he started hugging me…" she pouted.

Her eyes instantly landed on the boy who was still lounging in the kitchen with his banana milk and a manga.

"Taeminnie~~!" she cooed, dashing forward.

Jonghyun sighed as he watched Sai doodle on Taemin's shoulder, the maknae laughing whenever she accidentally ticked him.

"You have it hard~♪" Key sang with a laugh, watching the older boy.

"Don't remind me," he whined with a pout. "I want to tell her, but I have no idea how to without sounding weird."

"How have you asked out girls in the past?" Key asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Bluntly…"

Key gave Jonghyun an unimpressed look and Jonghyun's pout grew.

"Well first of all, you can't just bluntly say go out with me, not only will she think you're weird, but Onew might chew your head off for it," Key began, raising his finger in a matter-of-fact way.

Jonghyun sat on the couch properly and nodded along with every word that Key spoke.

Suddenly, Sai leapt over the back of the couch, landing right beside Jonghyun, uncapped her pen and began drawing on his cheek, making the boy flinch and blush. While she was drawing, he tried to figure out what it was by the path the pen took, but he didn't recognise the shape.

After a couple seconds, Sai stopped drawing and sat back on her calves, giving him a grin as he turned to her.

"What did you draw on me?" he asked with a laugh.

"Do you want a hint?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

Jonghyun nodded as Key crept off of the couch to leave the two alone. Sai turned her head so that she was looking towards the T.V., Jonghyun turning his head to follow her gaze. He hadn't even noticed that the MV for Replay had began to play on the TV and smiled slightly.

"That doesn't really answer my-"

Jonghyun was stopped short when Sai pressed her lips against his cheek, right over the spot she had doodled on. Too soon, she pulled away, gave him a grin and leapt off of the couch, running into their bedroom, Onew's tired yet tell-tale "Sai-ai~♪" sounding most likely from her pouncing on his bed. Jonghyun slowly raised his hand so that his fingertips grazed his cheek as a grin of his own grew on his face. He quickly stood up and ran to the hall to look in the mirror.

Sai had drawn a pair of lips with a heart on his cheek.