Brown Eyes

Brown Eyes

"I'm sick of this!" You muttered as you scroll down your tumblr dashboard, browsing for pictures and videos of your bias.

"Of what?" Your friend asked you.

"Of this whole thing! All of these boys are younger than me, making me a noona, you know!"

"Eh? What's the big idea?"

"It's just that, why are they born later? Or, why was I born earlier?" You raged off of frustration. "Why are these boys so young? Especially you? Why so young?", talking to yourself now, you focus your glance at this one man whose eyes are staring back at you on your computer screen, not hearing the words your friend are saying.

Your day ended like that; the thought of the two of you not being meant for each other drains your energy, the gravity pulling your weight more and more to the ground. You thought of eating ice cream hoping it would cheer you up, but dismissed the thought the second you are in front of the convenience store.

At home, in your room, same thoughts are running inside your head. Why? Why? Why? This one word keeps pounding as you drift off to sleep. Then you had a dream...

You are in Korea with your friends for a three-day vacation. In the dream, you are friends with Andy Lee, the man behind the idol group you are most crazy about—Teen Top. You are meeting him on the third day of your stay, just before you fly back to your country. The meeting was fun; you shared stories and laughter, and more laughter which elated the mood for everyone.

You want to, but you forbid yourself from asking about Teen Top since you don't want Andy to think that it's not really him you wanna meet but his hoobaes. But this one friend of yours bluntly said the words!

"Hey Oppa, do you know that she is crazy about your hoobaes? Your dongsaengs? Teen Top, yeah.” You wanna strangle her to keep her from speaking more but it happened in a bat of an eyelash! Everything is revealed! Now, you don't know how to face Andy.

You summoned all of your strength and look up at him. He is smiling at you, which lightens up the load on your pounding chest. "So, you like my boys, eh? Why didn't you tell me earlier? I could've brought them along, you should've met them."

...you should've met them.

...you should've met them.

...you should've met them.

...I should've met them.

...I should've met them.

You woke up uttering these words over and over. Reality kicks in; it was a dream—a regrettable one. That's it, you're upset again. Good Morning!

In the office, you shared your dream to your friends and officemates. They made fun of you, they laugh and tease you. But when you are pissed enough to remain silent, they approached you and gave you something you are ignoring at first. But since they aren't saying anything, you got curious as to what they are handing you. You looked and saw that it was a ticket! The concert ticket of your beloved Teen Top! Seeing that blank expression on your face, indicating that you are not comprehending what is happening, your friends began laughing again.

"Take this, it's yours. We would bet you have forgotten", one of your friends say, letting the words hang.

"What is?" You asked, puzzled.

"Ah, that's it! Old age is really an enemy, no? Tonight, Teen Top is performing here! They arrived before dawn. Fans are like ‘woah!’ they really waited at the airport, I actually thought you’d be one of those fan girls. Haha!”

You can't believe you've forgotten about their concert! You are so busy digging up that already deep black hole inside your mind with the thoughts that the world is against you, you have forgotten to buy a ticket! Good thing you have good friends. You wanna hug them one by one but skinship is not really your thing so you just thank them with the bestest of the best smile you can show off which creeped them out in return.

Staring intently at the concert ticket on your hands, you felt your mind fly off of your body and moved in fast forward through the night; onto the concert.

_______________

Your ears are still ringing from the shrilling screams of the other fans though the concert has ended ten minutes ago. You don't know how to keep the happiness you are feeling right now inside your heart. The joy is just overflowing, being able to watch Teen Top perform live, meters away from you. You are still smiling, and singing, "I need you baby, baby, baby" when your friends who went with you to see the concert suddenly dragged you into a restaurant near the concert venue.

"Oh, we're eating? I don't know about you, guys, but I think I'm full", you said as you show them that playful grin painted on your face. You mean to say that those boys are enough, you don't need food anymore.

"Crazy!" They shouted in unison. You just smiled at them. Seems like nothing can happen that would flip your mood at this time. You’re in cloud nine.

--------

You're all seated, waiting for the food your friends ordered when six well-dressed guys entered with the air of a celebrity with them! Teen Top came in! You hyperventilated seeing them, the thought of your idols being in a smaller space with you! It seems to you that the world is spinning! You looked at your friends and they are watching you, smiling at you. You don't know why they're smiling, and when you will your mouth to form words, Teen Top came to your table and introduced themselves.

"Hana Dul Set, Annyeong Haseyo, Teen Top imnida! Hello!"

Your chest heaves. You feel as if the room is closing in on you giving you difficulty to breath. You blinked multiple times to make sure that this isn’t hallucination from the heat inside the venue earlier. You shut your eyes tight for a couple of seconds while praying that they’d still be there when you open them but you’re disappointed when you didn’t see them standing in front of you anymore. You looked down and let out a heavy sad sigh.

Of course it’s not real! What am I thinking? You scold yourself inwardly but your friend sitting beside you nudged you on your arm that fished you out of your self-constructed ball of depression. “What?” your voice is hoarse.

“What’s  with the long face? We expect you to jump up and down, do a hundred and three somersaults without using your hands, scream your soul out, and just be crazy because Teen Top is here but no, you look like an old sea turtle with your face drawn like that. What is wrong with you?” You look at your friend’s face with confusion. Is she referring to the concert? Well, I’ve fangirled enough inside the venue. Whadda ya want from me?? You wanna spit these words on her face but the uniform look of equal confusion on your other friends’ faces stopped you.

“What?”

Instead of giving you an answer, one of your friends pouted her lips and turned her head in a specific direction. Without thinking about it, you followed the direction she’s pointing at and voila! Your eyes almost fell from their sockets. Teen Top is definitely in the same room as you! And only now did you realize that you’re not inside a restaurant but a hall in some fancy hotel where Teen Top is having their mini fan meeting and fan signing behind a long table at the other end of the hall.

You switched your glance to and fro your friends and Teen Top as if waiting for anyone to give you confirmation that what you’re witnessing is true and correct. You’re lost for words. You even forgot how to breathe if that is possible. You’re stiff and glued to your seat. It’s your friends who urged you to stand up and join the line of the fans to go and meet the boys.

Now standing on the line, you can’t explain what you feel. You feel like peeing and vomiting at the same time from excitement and anticipation.  Is it possible to give my thumping heart a punch if I swallowed my fist now? It’s beating so hard and fast. How do I calm it? You’re thinking.

Finally, it’s your turn. Ricky first. You noticed how he really looks like a baby. You’ve confirmed it. Ricky is definitely the living ball of cuteness. Beside him is L.Joe. You took note of how his face is as poreless as the statue of an angel outside the great cathedrals. Wow. That man is unreal. C.A.P came next. His eye smile almost made you forget why you are even there! Then there’s Niel. You look at him and you think that you’ve seen the sun. His smile brightens up your whole life.. okay, that’s exaggerating. His smile brightens up his whole face which made you forget your nervousness and smiled back at him. Chunji. Wow. His face is really really small, and really really pretty. No wonder he’s the visual of the group. And then.. and then.. you out.

Kidding.

It was Changjo’s turn. And for a whole minute, you just stare at him without any trace of expression on your face. He begins to worry so he inched closer to your face while waving his hand in front of you, trying to get your attention. You snapped out of your trance and struggle for words to say. It’s just that he’s wearing a sleeveless shirt and you know what his arms do to you. You reached for your mouth and worry that you might have been drooling. Thankfully, you’re not. The thought made you smile.

“Let me hold your hand.” You heard him say in his Korean Engrish.

He extended his hand in front of you and you immediately placed your No 1 album on his open palm which made him chuckle. You looked up at him and saw him smiling. “Your hand. Let me hold it.”

“Eh?” You feel so stupid now that you can’t even form proper words to respond. Without thinking much about anything, you extended your hand and gingerly put it on top of his which he immediately clamped between both his hands and started singing!

He’s singing his lines on their song ‘Miss Right’ but instead of singing ‘the girl with the long straight hair’, he sang ‘girl with the short black hair’ and you feel your cheeks heat up. You know those words. That song has been an anthem for you since the release of it. You know it by heart. And now that he is singing it directly at you, the happiness you feel is so heavenly you now doubt if this is real.

Finally, he lets go of your hand which saddens you. You saw him scribbling something in a piece of paper and you just watch him do it, you don’t wanna go yet. Smiling, he looked up at you again, extended his hand, but for a hand shake this time. You quickly grabbed his hand and squeeze it: happiest moment of your life.

Throughout the whole time, your mind is not working really well so you didn’t immediately notice the piece of paper he slipped in your hand when his hand enclosed yours for the second time. It was when you’re walking back to your friends that you realize it. You can still feel his hand on yours making your heart beat abnormally. You stared at your hand when you noticed that you are clinging onto a small piece of paper. You examined it and saw that numbers are scribbled in it and the word ‘call me’ at the bottom.

You quickly looked back at Changjo and saw him smiling at you. Your heart doubled, no, tripled inside your chest. You wish the world could stand still.

--------

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

It’s as if the world around you zoomed out, the scene from earlier is gone now and you find yourself seated in a picnic mattress in a beautiful flower park. You looked down at the source of the voice and saw your boyfriend looking up at you while he’s resting his head on your lap, you smiled.

“Nothing. I just remembered something beautiful.” You smiled even wider.

“Let me guess.” He tapped his chin with his index finger. You enjoy his cuteness. “The day you fell in love with me?” His face lightened up at his self-praised suggestion.

“Hmmm.. almost.” You laughed. “I was thinking of that day when I first met you. In flesh. You know what I mean?” You looked down at him, cradling his face with your right hand while combing his hair with the other.

He laughed. “Of course! That fan meeting.” He grins. “You know, I don’t think I believe in love at first sight. But that was until meeting you.”

You wanna laugh out loud to ease the awkwardness you feel but the sincerity in his eyes stopped you. Again, you’re being drawn by those eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes.

After a while, you managed to speak. “You know, I still don’t know what you see in me. I’m not the prettiest, I’m not even famous. So why? Why me?”

He smiled. That smile you always love seeing. “It’s your heart.”

“My heart?”

“Yep. Your heart. I can hear it. On that fan meeting, I heard your heart. And I know. I know it’s beating for me.” He cheekily grins up at you.

You wanna cringe from the cheesiness of it all but somehow, his words went through you and you caught yourself smiling from ear to ear. Oh, how you love this man.

“Noona.”

“Hmm?”

“Your lips are chapped. Must be the wind?” He sits up and face you. You got conscious and tried to your lips to aid its dryness.

“Do you want me to..” he started which made you look up at him and waited for his next words.

He completed his sentence and said, “Do you want me to put lip gloss on your lips using my lips?”

It took you a second to process what he just said and afterwards, the two of you are laughing out loud. Only, Changjo has already leaned in to aid your chapped lips.

 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Pwede mag-spazz??!! Waaahhhhh! Kinikilig ako! Kinikilig ako!!! Mang Mar!! Kinikilig ako!! Nyahahahah!! You should love me for this. Yeah! I’m demanding it! Nyahahahahahah! Hangkyuuuuuuutttt!!!

P.S. A little trivia about this story. J

Some scenes in this story are from our birthday girl’s actual dream which she shared with me not knowing I’d use it to write her a story with. Nyahahah!!

Did you like this? I hope you do. Happy birthday, Len! Muuuuuwaaaahhhhh! <3