Move In With Me

Move In With Me

 

Yongguk's P.O.V,

Driving to the restaurant was easy. There wasn't a lot of traffic. I knew she loved this restaurant, because she loves seafood and her friends told me. I had to find out somehow. Anyway, traffic wasn't bad and the ride was smooth. I think she was nervous, though. She wasn't talking much and she kept fiddling with the hem of her shirt. I did reach over to hold her hand and when she let me, her hands were cold.

I felt bad. What was bothering her?

I parked. We got into the restaurant and sat down and ordered. She kept looking down at the table and not at me. I was starting to get nervous now. What was so bad?

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" I grabbed her hands again.

"I, um, i-it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Please, babe. Please," I asked her. I didn't want this dinner to go wrong.

She sighed. She withdrew her hands. "I don't know. You…you know I love you, right? I love you more than anything. But—" she stopped as our food was placed in front of us.

The waitress left and I prompted, "But what?" Dread was filling me. I didn't do anything wrong. I knew that. Or did I?

"But…but you've never said it to me. You have never said you love me. I guess I'm just…just worrying about nothing. Don't worry about it." She started eating, as did I.

As I ate, I thought about that. Have I seriously not said I love her? I do love her. Very much. So much that I wouldn't be able to live without her. I was going to ask her to move in with me. She was my life these past few months. I was in a very bad place when I met her. She helped me. I met her parents first, because I worked with them. We hit all the couple-y fears right away. Her parents and my parents, the first date, and the first time. We hit all of them early on, so later we could relax and enjoy each other. Apparently I missed one.

The big one.

She paid for dinner, since I was zoned out. She left the table before I could say anything. I think she was mad, or upset.

She was waiting for me at the car. She wouldn't look me in the face. She clammed up.

I drove back to my house. That was the reason for her moving in—she still lived in an apartment.

"Why are we here?" she asked. She sounded hurt, like I dumped her or something.

"Well… Tonight wasn't supposed to go how it went. I was going to ask you to move in with me. I am asking you to move in with me, if you still want me," I looked at the steering wheel. This was really awkward.

"W-what?"

Before she could say anything else, I started mumbling about things, "Um, yeah. I'm sorry about how tonight went. It wasn't supposed to be like that. I kinda zoned out and I was supposed to pay for dinner. Tonight was your night. I guess I spent more time on myself tonight than on you. If you want to leave, you can. I would understand."

Silence. Dead silence.

After a while, I was starting to get antsy. She hadn't said anything. My face was so red by then. I definitely blew it.

Then she started, "I-I wasn't expecting that. I'm just processing all of this. You wanted me to move in?"

I nodded.

"I feel like a total jerk. I ruined tonight with my worrying. I'm so sorry. If you wanted to dump me, I would understand. Oh my God. I'm so sorry." Tears were slowly falling down her cheeks.

"No, no, no, no. Don't cry. It's my fault. If I had told you that I loved you sooner, this wouldn't have happened. I do love you. I'm in love with you. I don't think I can live without you. I still want you to move in. I need you, baby." I wiped away her tears.

A few minutes later, she calmed down. I felt terrible. I had made her cry.

"I'll move in with you. I'm sorry. Sorry for everything. I messed it up. I'm sorry." She was looking at her hands in her lap again.

"You messed nothing up. You're moving in. That's all I wanted. And you know that I love you. It's almost perfect." I smiled.

"It's far from perfect." She laughed. I nodded and laughed with her. We sobered up.

I looked at her, "I love you."

"I love you, too." She leaned over and kissed me.