Fate Decided To Be Unkind... Or Did It?

Solace in Solitude

"Welcome to Woollim College. Here's your schedule for the rest of the semester."

With his schedule in hand, he took a glance at his classes. He noticed that he was tardy on his first day of school and frowned inwardly at his own mistake. He was not one who delays unless there were unforeseen circumstances. 
 
"Come," the school's secretary said. "I will lead you to your classroom. Your first class is Physics, if I am not wrong."
 
The trip to the classroom was a silent one. Myungsoo took that moment of silence to think. All he needed to do at this school was just to get through each day till graduation. Making friends was not an option. He was comfortable being alone. He did not fancy the idea of letting someone into his personal space. It made him feel exposed and vulnerable. Society . People just merely follow others, with the hopes of fitting in. In this world, it seems that by mindlessly following trends or conforming to what other people desire of them is the only way to befriend people. In the end, the good character of a person would have changed into something corrupted. If that were the case, then he'd rather be by myself and be away from negative influences.
 
The next thing he knew, he found himself standing in front of his class. He briefly introduced himself and swiftly went to his seat, eager for the rest of the day to go by quickly.
 
After three antagonizing hours, it was lunch time. Students filed out of their classes in order to head to cafeteria to get their lunch whereas Myungsoo headed to the rooftop to eat his packed lunch. To his luck, there was not a single soul found on the rooftop other than him. He let out a small smile as a sudden gust whipped through his hair. The view of the sky from the rooftop - it seemed endless. So surreal.
 
"Wow... what a good spot," he muttered to himself.
 
"You again."
 
He heard another voice, making him aware of another presence in the vicinity. He came face to face with a figure that he never thought he would see again.
 
"Lee Sungjong."
 
The said person gawked at him.
 
"Kim Myungsoo. We meet again. Looks like fate has decided that we were meant to meet. After all, I do have many questions to ask you. Shall we sit down and talk then?"
 
All the older boy could do was remain silent, unsure of what to say and what to do. Sungjong smiled.
 
"Silence means consent. I take it as a yes."