Chapter 1

Fight or flight

 “Look, just because you can’t go on vacation, that doesn’t mean that I have to stay in Korea with Taeyeon unnie and you.”


“That’s not fair, we plan this trip at the beginning, saying that this was meant for the celebration for our 10th year friendship, but only you ended up here.” Rather than angry, Tiffany felt that she’s a bit disappointed because she couldn’t join the trip. Taeyeon, Seohyun and her was best friend since they were in high school. They always dreamt of backpacking to another country with only three of them. First, they couldn’t go because they are still minor. But when they were adult, Seohyun continue to pursue her master while Taeyeon and Tiffany started working in a different field respectively. Again, when Seohyun finished her study, Tiffany was busy with her wedding while Taeyeon is oversea having some company training for job promotion. They just couldn’t find the best time for this trip.
 

“Can’t help it though, the rest of you always have all sort of reasons for cancelling the trip. I’m getting tired of postponing the date every time. I don’t think we can go anywhere if you guys keep on doing it.”Call it selfish, but Seohyun couldn’t care more. If she didn’t come around this time, she really don’t know when is the time she’ll be able to have some free time. Just because she could settle things fast and effective, the company that’s she currently working now decided to give her more workload every time, sometimes she really feels that she should hire an assistant to help her out or asking for increase in pay since she practically doing two person’s job in one time. If she didn’t threaten her head of department for quitting the job, she probably will be stuck in the small cubical office of hers.
 

“Oh…come on… it’s not like we do it purposely every time… Jessie is about to give birth in two days time and I wouldn’t want to dumb her alone in Korea just because we went on vacation. I want to be with her when the precious moment arrived.” Jessica unnie is Tiffany’s wife. I’m really glad that Tiffany has Jessica as wife, knowing Tiffany and the clumsy personality of hers. They got two extreme characteristic, yet so blend together.


“I’m well aware of that, so you don’t have to mention it over and over again. Yet, I’m still disappointed since I’m getting the same answer for few years now…OUCH!” Suddenly, I heard some groaning sound at the other end of the webcam and someone yelling for pain. I couldn’t see Tiffany and the other person as two of them fall in the floor together. I could only hear Tiffany mumbling about some midget sudden appearance make her shock or something like that. Suddenly, the owner of the voice which I just talked few minutes back had changed to another person.
 

“Have you met with some decent guy when you’re here? I heard that there’ll be some kind of carnival going on this weekend nearby the apartment hotel that you’re staying by. My friend, you know, the Daniel guy you saw last time, told me some of the handsome guy he knew will be going there too. I hope you can find at least one there, maknae…” No wonder Tiffany was shocked when Taeyeon unnie made a sudden appearance. She really loves to pop out of nowhere whenever she wants. Tiffany and I were always her victim and every time, and it didn’t fail to scare us to the hell. When talking about being in a romantic relationship, Taeyeon dorky face is still annoying even if it’s from the webcam.


“Unnie, I accidently met the friend of yours in the café in the morning when I was taking some pictures in the town. Yes, I did meet with some of his friend, but too bad, all of them are either gay or being attached.” Gosh, I wouldn’t want to remember the incident. Five nice looking guys, yet two pair are making out in the middle of the street as if no one was there while the only one guy left was talking to his girlfriend on the phone. I’m not phobia to homoual, but that is too much.
 

“Oh…I’m so sorry to hear that. Why don’t you try some luck with the night club downtown? I heard it’s very happening there.” Taeyeon still haven’t given up for persuading me to find any random guy here and there, what’s in her mind actually?
 

“Taeyeon unnie, you do know I hate those kind of place right? All those smoking and alcohol environment…it really makes me sick.” Clubs and pub really doesn’t suit me at all; all those dancing, touchy with some random people, alcohol…definitely not my way. I would rather sitting in the coffee shop, have a cup of coffee, and read some book. 
 

“Maknae, you really need to relax yourself and you know…get into a relationship…or just one night stand…you need to get laid…”
 

“Ew Ew Ew…just because you have the urge of getting laid, that doesn’t mean that I have to do the same. I’m here early because of extra holiday. You guys will be here 2 weeks later, why don’t you try it later…”
 

“Well, I need somebody to do some research of which pub having the most good looking person, then it saves me a lot of trouble.” Taeyeon grinned widely in front of the video-call, just like an old ert.
 

“Save it, Taeyeon unnie, I’m not going to do all the dirty work for you.”
 

“Seriously, you ain’t fun at all...” Just then I heard some sharp dolphin screaming sound from the background.
 

“Is that Maknae? Let me talk to her…” The screen is moving, so I guess that’s Jessica unnie snatched the webcam away from Taeyeon unnie.
 

“Hi~~~~~~maknae~~~~~~!!!!!! I’m so terribly miss you. Are you having some fun there? I’m so sad since I have to stay in the bed. Tiff didn’t even let me leaving this bed once I was admitted in the hospital. I think she’s just too overprotective of me. Do you know that she won’t even let me walking to the toilet…she carried me all the way to there. It’s really making me embarrassed. Every 5 minutes she would either call me or asking me directly whether I’m okay or not? What am I? Young kid who didn’t know how to take care of myself? ...”
 

“Yah midget… give the damn phone back…I haven’t finish talking with Seohyun with her upcoming potential date here…and stop whining about Tiffany. Just because she went out to get you some food, it doesn’t mean that you can complain anything about her. She’s just being concerned about you and your unborn child since both of you was so important to her.”
 

“Have you seen yourself in mirror? You ain’t taller than me, danshin.” Jessica shifted her head back to the phone camera. “Seohyun ah, just ignore her. Your main priority is to relax yourself and enjoy the scenery there…” I nodded vigorously, I think only Jessica unnie understand me well.
 

“Oh well, but once you finish, you don’t have to report your progression to us. Like Taeyeon said earlier…find some guy to f-…er…no….get into the relationship. You’re too dry…definitely need some love-moisture.” 
 

“Unnie!!!” I pouted in front of the laptop screen. “Argh…not the same thing again… I should have known that since Taeyeon unnie and you are practically the same. I…”
 

“Yah! I smell some insult here. Please don’t compare me with that byuntae midget. I know I know…you’re too young to get into the relationship…and focus on your career…whatever…”
 

“I remember I need to go somewhere now, talk to you later…annyeong~” I closed the conversation screen and sighed. Jessica unnie has been very naggy since she had this child. I looked at my watch and it’s 2.00P.M., no wonder my stomach is making some noise now. I better walk around and get something to eat…maybe the crowded stall behind the apartment hotel that I’m currently staying isn’t a bad idea. I grab my purse and walked to the location. It’s really hot here, I think it would be better if I grab my spec. I was about to walked into the shop when I feel someone tap me on the shoulder.
 

“小姐,你不小心掉了这个。”(Miss, I think you drop this.)
 

I don’t understand what’s she talking, but I think she meant something on her hand. I looked at it, and…my eyes got widen.

 

---------------------------------------------

Comment and subscribe... ^^