my lovely best friend

MY LOVELY BEST FRIEND

Hi!! I’m Jung Soojung, but I prefer be called by Krystal, my English name. Do you know?? I’m in love with my best friend. Yeah, I’m madly in love with my buddy, Choi Minho. Can you imagine that? Fall in love with your best buddy. Well, I’m not just imagining it but I do it. I don’t know when this feelings start to grow in my heart. And I don’t know when my feelings for him go this deep; it’s just flows with the day by day we spent together.

Choi Minho is my neighbor, not really my neighbor but our home still at the same block. He is my friend from kindergarten, even before we went to kindergarten.  You can say that we know each other for 20 years. Our parents are friends too, that’s the reason why we can know each other and be friend from very long ago. And now we just automatically were being stuck together whenever we go. I know him very well. I know what he like the most, what he doesn’t like, what he afraid of, what present he wants at his birthday. For simply, I know everything about him. So does him. He knows all about me very well. And not just that, we also doing things together. Take a meal together, goes to campus together, doing our task together, walk together, play together. Practically we were doing our daily activities together. There will be something missing if I don’t see him even just for a day. How pathetic. But that’s our friendship, and I am surely madly in love with him.

Today’s weather is just perfect. The sun shine brightly, the air seem hotter some degrees than yesterday. In this winter, today is a wonderful day. But, even the weather seems so nice, I still lay lazily on my bed. I hardly open my eyes to face the world. I’m surely not a morning person. After take a little peek from my sleepy eyes, I just shut off back my eyes and change my position to a better one.

“Krys, it’s time to wake up…” someone with gentle voice brushes my hair softly, trying to wake me up.

“Nnnnngggg… five minutes again Minho… I’m still so sleepy…” I replay lazily without move my body at all.

“Come on Krys… Your mom has been waiting us for breakfast.” His voice rise a little bit.

“Five minutes Minho… just let me sleep five minutes again and then I will wake up…” I still shut off my eyes when I replay his offer. Suddenly I feel my bed make a move and a pair of hands wraps me tightly. I open my eyes and feel shock about what I see. Minho now lays beside me in my bed with his hands wrap my body into his embrace. A big grin plastered in his lips.

“If you don’t wake up, I’ll give you smack on your cheek.” He says to me lovely. But I can feel the evil inside his voice. I push him hard and wake up immediately.

“Yah!!! Don’t you dare to touch me. You ert!!” I grab the handle of bathroom door and bang it loudly. Minho just laughs out loud after saw my reaction to his action.

“I’m ert but you love being teased by my ert thinks Krystal.” He shouts to me from the room.

“You crazy!!!” I shout him back. This is our daily activities before we go to campus together. Every morning Minho will always wake me up because I’m not a morning person and never wake up early, and he is a morning person and always wakes up early if you comparing that with me.

Minho is a playful person and he loved to tease me so much. But I know he is a gentle man and he cared for me so much, nearly possessive. He will be mad if he can’t contact me all day long. And he will be extra mad if I’m being hurt by someone. It’s the things that make me madly in love with him beside his handsome look, perfect body, and his sweet smile. He is just perfect in my eyes.

Minho parking his car in our usually parking lot. I step down form the passenger seat and grab my books at the behind seat. I have three classes this day and I must bring a lot of big books to my Journalistic class. Damn to that professor for make me bring this all heavy books.

“I’ll help you bring these books to your class. Princess like you should not bring these heavy books in her hands.” Suddenly, Jonghyun Oppa stands beside me and take all that heavy books from my hand. I blush a little and smile thankfully to him. “Thank you Oppa.”

“Yah, Minho! Help me bring some of these books.” Jonghyun Oppa glares at Minho and make him help bring the books. Minho just rolled his eyes and takes some books from Jonghyun hands. “Why me?” he muttered slowly. I chuckled at him and give him a thankful smile.

Minho and Jonghyun are best friend. They’re being friend from the first they meet each other at high school and now them going to the same university. Jonghyun Oppa a year older than Minho and me, but we all in the same grade at school. Since Jonghyun is Minho best friend, automatically he is being my friend too. I know Jonghyun Oppa have a feeling to me. He ever confessed his feeling to me once, but I can’t accept him. I said to him that I have someone in my heart but I didn’t tell him who. He can accept it and said to me that he will wait for me. I feel guilty for didn’t accept his feelings even I know accept him was the best for me. But I just don’t want lie to him and to myself.

“Thank you for bringing my book to my class Oppa.” I give Jonghyun Oppa a thankful smile once again and take my books from his hands.

“It’s okay. You just need to pay my lunch this day.” He says to me cheerfully. “I think I have to go to my class. See you Krystal, Minho.” He bid a goodbye to me and Minho then walks to his class. Minho walks beside me and take a sit at the center of the class. I sit beside him and let out a long sigh. “Finally.” I mumble softly.

“Geez, you just bring those books from the door of this class and you tired? Look at me, I bring your heavy books from lobby to here and I’m fine. You just like a granny Krys.” Minho smirks to me.

“Yah, don’t compare me with you.  You are a boy and I’m just a girl.” I protest at him when take out my book and my pencil case, being ready for my class before the professor come. Minho just chuckle at me and take out his own book.

I take a glance at him when he has a conversation and joking around with a friend who sits in front of him. He is so charming in my eyes. His smile and his laugh seem so lively. I love him, but I can’t confess my feeling to him. I’m scared our friendship would change and never be the same anymore. I’m afraid if I confess my feeling he will leave me alone. And that is my mistake-my biggest mistake.

“Soojung-ah!!” Someone shout my name from the door. I know who she is because she is the one who called me by my Korean name. She is Choi Jinri, or I usually called her by Sulli. She is my best girlfriend.

“Annyeong!!” Sulli hugs me slightly. “Soojung-ah, do you want to go shopping with me this afternoon? I must find a present for my dongsaeng’s  birthday.” She says to me cheerfully while take out her book.

“Absolutely I want. You know I never let that things passing in front of my nose without I gab it.” I replay her cheerfully. “And I want find some new dress.” I add it happily. Sulli let out a big smile to me, knowing what I mean. And we both smile happily, imagining what happened after today lessons.

We meet each other at high school and immediately being best friend. She knows all my story and my feelings about everything except my feelings for Minho. I never tell her about my feelings for Minho because I know from the start that she loves him too. Yeah, we fall in love to the same people, Choi Minho.

“Yah, are you two will stand up here forever? Hurry takes your sit, the professor will come anytime.” Minho shouts at us. I and Sulli take our sit quickly. Sulli sits at her usually sit, the left side of Minho and I sit at the right side of him.

“Morning Oppa.” Sulli hugs him slightly and peck his cheek softly.

“Good morning too babe.” Minho smile sweetly and give her a slight kiss on her lips. Sulli’s face blushed badly and she taps Minho’s shoulder hardly but a big smile plastered in her lips. This thing happens every day and our classmate doesn’t bother with it.

Yeah, you’re right. They are a couple. My love Choi Minho and my best girlfriend Choi Jinri is a couple. A lovebird couple. Sulli has confessed her feelings to him and being accept by Minho. They have been a couple for six month. And I still can feel my heart aching every time I see them together, like now. I just see them joking and having conversation happily with my pained heart.

I hurt so much, but I can’t do anything. I can’t hate them because they are my precious friend and the important person in my life. I can’t imagine for live without them in my life. Even it hurt my heart, I love them both and I want them to be happy. Accepting Jonghyun Oppa maybe will be the best choice for me, but I can’t do it. I want to be truth and not lying to myself. Yeah, even it is hurt me so much. But I believe that someday I will meet with my own happiness. Someday.