Don't. Ever. Change.

Don't. Ever. Change.

 

"There was this girl once upon a time.  She was not smart. She was not sporty. She was also not the musician she wanted to be..." I began my speech in front of the podium.

 

"Well she was really average.." I added with a dry laugh. 

 

"and a coward. She did not want to try anything, for fear she will fail and lose out..."

 

"Until one day, this girl was at her usual place, a spot beside the lockers, hugging her knees, reminding herself how much she and she shouldn't be alive. Then, she sensed a prescence, a person saw her and sat beside her. This person came to her and told her to try. This person once said, if you try, at least you know the results, but if you don't you will never be able to know the outcome and will soon regret it." 

 

"This person gave her hope, and she tried. She broke out of her comfort zone and tried the things she would be too scared to do before. She auditioned to be a musician, although failing several times, but she did not regret it."

 

"She was happy, even though she failed...."

 

"She was contented. She was not even angry when her friends around her jeered her for being a try-hard and a loser."

 

I gently smiled to the front, my eyes scanned in the whole mass of people, trying to find that pair of encouraging eyes. However the same pair of eyes showed no expression. I inwardly sighed, swallowed my disappointment and continued.


"Until she found out the same person who gave her hope, lost hope himself. He became another person, a person just like the past her. "What's the point of going on when it will only end up fallling deeper and deeper?" was all he said. She was trashed, and sad. She did not know why, but all she hope is to find that same glimpse of hope for him, as much as he found that hope for her..."

 

I paused, and stared into that pair of dark orbs, so intensely that I caught them flinch, just a while, before it showed blankness. I hated this blankness. It was like me, the past me. Everytime I looked at the mirror, I hated myself, and that pair of eyes that showed blankness. This pair of  eyes showed nothing I saw before, the orbs that showed happiness and most importantly, hope.

 

 

"Don't ever change into the hopeless you. Don't become like the past me..."

 

I am Jessica Jung, the average cowardly girl who changed. The person who changed me, I'm going to change him just like how he changed me. Lee Jinki, by hook or by crook, you are going to become what I had became, a hopeful person, who tried even though I failed. I am going to change you back like how you changed me, into the good old Onew.