Behind the Silence

Inexplicable Attraction

He was striding across the spacious corridors with headphones flat upon his ears. Playing along with his drumsticks, he lightly hit the walls through the beat from his music player.

The tall guy jogged his way up the stairs of their company building, rapping some parts of his favorite song and was heading to the certain room where he can practice playing the drums for their next performance.

As he was about to open the door, he heard a melodic tune of someone playing the piano. Kris was frozen on his spot, and was somehow dazed by the beautiful piece played inside.

But what surprised him the most was a voice that echoed from inside the room. It was an angelic tone which seemed to be sung deep from the heart, and it perfectly harmonized the flawless sound of the piano piece.

That time, he couldn't help himself; his hand unconsciously made its way towards the knob. Carefully twisting the handle, he silently opened the door, which revealed the back figure of a slim lady dressed lightly in a loose gray shirt and a pair of jeans.

She didn't even feel another person's presence and kept on performing by herself with all her soul.

He stared at her for a while and noticed how her slender fingers expertly pressed over every key in front of her. Her voice was unbelievably soothing to his ears, and it was no doubt, much more beautiful, if he can at least take a peek of the girl's expression while playing.

After a while, the music started to slow down, and her voice started to fade until there was complete silence inside the room. Thus, the lady remained mute and had her eyes outside the window beside her, still not having a clue that someone's watching her from behind.

And he decided to break the discomfort of the quietness.

"That was beautiful." He silently commented, but it was loud enough for her to hear it.

The lady looked back from where the compliment came from, and Kris was surprised. She didn't expect someone listening to her at these sort of times, and Kris also didn't expect that the angelic voice that made him stop his tracks was hers.

"Have you been listening that long?" She muttered out quietly, making the other flinch for it is the first time she spoke to him.

"Not really." He struggled to let those words out of his mouth and decided to sit by the window, which was a few feet away from her.

"Thanks." She said at a soft voice, "but you seemed to be surprised."

"I was just stunned.." Kris mumbled. "..to hear you play and sing that way"

Sooyoung nodded and flashed him a sly smile.

But a long silence then embraced them afterwards and Kris was looking out of the window. He couldn't take it, he felt so awkward and uncomfortable, but he kept it to himself and tried to take a glance at Sooyoung.

And she's just there, over her seat, staring in space as her face seemed to be soft and filled with comfort by the silence that surrounded her.

Looking at her angelic face, he just got to let out what's drowning him inside. He was oh so curious, and he wanted to know what's wandering inside her mind. Yes, he knows that he's not that type of person who needs to see every side of the people around him.

But ever since he saw her, he just felt it, and was deeply pulled by her presence.

"You know.." Kris started out, breaking off the silence that bugged him once again. "I'm a bit curious.." He muttered out softly and carefully as Sooyoung slowly looked his way. "..about you"

Her soft expression stayed the same, but Kris noticed that curiosity suddenly shone within her pair of black orbs as she stared at him, and waited for the other to continue his words.

He fidgeted with his hands and was slightly disturbed by her stare. "Well, I.." He looked away, currently thinking of what he can possibly say at a time like this.

Sooyoung chuckled softly. "I don't know what's with silence.." She stated out. "..that make lots of people feel uncomfortable" Her voice echoed through his ears as she finished her words with a smiling face.

Kris was taken back a bit. 'How did she know?' He thought to himself.

The other gazed at him softly and muttered. "Why?" Sooyoung asked him as short as possible, but he understood it perfectly clear.

He took a quick glance at her, then looked away. "I don't know. It's just that.." Kris then mumbled his next words. "..you're silence somehow attracted me"

He was expecting something to hear from her when he heard nothing but absolute silence. He tried to look at her, when she's in deep thoughts again; oh how he wanted to read that mind of hers. Kris looked away.

Sooyoung was about to open and say something in reply when a certain petite guy peeked through the door.

Kris and Sooyoung immediately turned their heads towards him which made the guy slightly tensed, but he still spoke nonetheless. "Hyung, Chanyeol's looking for you." His large, owl-like eyes looked around, afraid to meet the two's gazes.

"Alright, Kyung." Kris stood up and faced the lady. "I need to go now. Sorry for the disturbance." He bowed and flashed one awkward smile. "But thanks for the chat though." He scratched the back of his neck then turned around.

Sooyoung coyly smiled at him goodbye as he exited the room.

"Hyung, what are you and Sooyoung Noona doing inside there?" Kyungsoo spoke curiously, his eyes growing bigger as he asked.

"We just had a small conversation, that's all." Kris softly mumbled and the other nodded slowly, then they started walking away from the room.

 

Still, after the tall guy left the room, Sooyoung remained frozen upon her seat and had one thing on her mind. 'But I'm not as quiet as I look like.'

If only he would know that she can be louder than what she is right now, how she can laugh as hard as a monkey, how she would goof around and end up being an opposite image of a proper lady she was currently trained for.

Her soft expression suddenly became gloomy.

"If only you would know the reason why I'm trying to remain silent.." She sighed. "..so that I can hide the loud beating of my heart whenever you're around."

 


 

So this is it. The second/last part of the Two-Shot Drabble.

I hope you liked it guys. Even though it's a bit of a cliffhanger.

But thanks for those who subscribed and commented.

Also to those who might do the same in the future. :3

 

Kamsahamnida Ninja Chinggus~ ^^ 

- Lainee14 -