Bridge

Bridge

 

 

*sigh*

 

 

 

I don't know where  to go to or what to do  right now..

 

 

All I know is I'm done with the life I had before and its time to make a new one...

 

 

I went to the nearest bus stop and rode it all day.. I notice the conductor look several times at the mirror to see if I already left... but... I don't know where to go...

 

Atlast... it was near midnight...

 

the conductor asked me if I still wanted to take the last ride of the bus... And I gladly said yes to the good man...

 

As I ride there staring out the window... I fixed my gaze to this bridge...

 

A very fine built bridge... I can't help myself but to stop the bus by that peculiar bridge...

 

And as I went down... I can feel a breeze of assureness... I feel comfortable and welcomed... I went to the side of the bridge and stood there for hours...

 

 

And as expected.. the view there was great... It was very breathtakingly beautiful... I can't help but look at it all night... I even drew it on a small sketch pad I never knew I had...

 

 

 

As I came back to my senses... I remembered that the next bus will arrive at 2... so I took a big breathe and sighed... the air welcomed me like it was saying... ''Welcome to your new life~'' ... I nodded slightly and peeked at the road... And there I saw the bus...

 

 

 

I went off at the nearest bus stop to the a town,... I finally got a place to live in... different from where I used to live. I worked there as a waitress at a small cafe, where the owner's took me as their own daughter and the people here wouldn't even mind my boyish sporty out-fitted look.. I was taken as who I am...

 

 

 

One day... I went through all of my stuff... and I found the small sketch book I had with me on the bridge... I opened it and found my drawing of the bridge... It must have been three months since I drew that picture... I was so curious for why did I even draw that picture... I clearly had no Idea... But, I can clearly feel that I had some connection to that bridge... in someway...

 

 

 

 

After work I went off to find the old bridge... and finally I found it... I looked at the sky and found out that it was also dark... like the day I went here... And again... I looked at the view.... It made me feel what I felt the first day I went here... It feels relaxing and comfortable...  I can feel the same breeze that went through my face... I can clearly say that It welcomed me again~

 

 

 

 

I stared at the distance, watching the gorgeous evening view right before my eyes... and closed my eyes to feel the breeze again...

 

 

but suddenly I hear a sound...

 

 

rather...

 

 

a song...

 

 

 

Someone's singing... and its beautiful... a very soothing and lonely voice... yes, I can feel his eager loneliness... I noticed that he's on the other side of the bridge... I didn't mind at first, but after a while... I came to like it... His voice suits the elegant ambiance of the atmosphere... very soothing indeed...

 

 

 

The next day, I back to the old bridge at the same time... I really can't get tired of the view in here... Maybe its beacuse I've worked so hard and find a really good place to relax that I find this place very soothing? ... Well, I don't care as long as love being here, I'm not gonna go... 

 

 

 

 

Once again... i hear the voice... he continued his song... I looked to the far side of the bridge but all I can see is his silouette on the water... I don't want to forget him so I took out the sketchpad and drew his silhouette as part of the picture... 

 

 

 

 

The next day... I was really busy with work... More customers came in and I had to wait them all till they're all full... *sigh* I said while going home... but I remebered my date with the bridge... So I went by for a quick look... And that quick look went really long that I didn't know it was past midnight... Then... there he is again... the guy who sings his lonely song on the bridge... 

 

 

 

 

As tired as I am now... I decided to close my eyes and sing along with him... As I sang with him he stopped... I opened my eyes and peaked at his sillouette but he wasn't there anymore...hmm? what could have happened?

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

 

 

I can't sleep... so far, I've got ten pills for sleeping but I still can't sleep...

 

 

Damn this freaking insomia! 

 

 

 

I went out of my house and off to my favorite bridge... I go here everytime I need to think and relax... Tonight I want to sleep... but, I can't... so my feet lead me here... To same old spot I go to for the last 5 years... when my ex-girlfriend left me... Starting from that day... I can't sleep properly... even though I try forgetting about her... i just can't....

 

 

 

I went out to have some fresh air and relax myself... everytime I see this bridge.. I remeber the days when we used to hang out here and have lots of fun... but know all I here is the silent breeze blowing on my lonely face...

 

 

 

I can't help the silence so I sang one of our favorite songs... I wrote this one just for her... but looks like she didn't appreciate it much that's why I'll sing it out loud on this bridge... As I sing... I can't help but feel tears falling down my face...

 

 

 

 

Everytime I remember her sweet smile, her long brown hair and her sparkling eyes... looking at me... I also remember how she cruely dumped me for another guy.... it hurts... 

 

 

 

I sang more souly every time I go here....

 

 

 

 

One night... I heard someone singing with me... A girl? How could I ever be mistaken? its a girl... what led her here? is she lost? how did she know my song?... I stopped right after she sang.... It feels awkward but at the same time, I don't feel embarrassed...actually i feel that I've known her for a long time that, I got used to her... weird...

 

 

 

 

The next night... I went to the bridge again at the same time... I looked at the stars and waited for about an hour... then suddenly... I finally saw her sillouhette... I felt happy as I saw her... not knowing if it was a ghost or not, I didn't care... I just sang the song... and again... She sang with me...

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I felt awkward as he stopped singing... words just came out of my mouth as he sang... almost like I knew this song before... but, that can't be... I just came here, not knowing a single soul at hand... How could that have been?

 

The next day... I asked the owners of the cafe if I could do an overtime, and I finished late... Almost too late that I forgot to go to the bridge... But I didn't... My feet can't help but walk to the bridge's path... I walked there calmly while looking at the starry night... I went to the same place I always go to and haung-out there for about an hour... Then again... His voice echos from the distance... which makes it more mysterious as he sings more souly... I can't help but sing with him... Not knowing that, that was the last time I'll listen to his voice...

 

The owners asked me if I could run the cafe for them, since they had no children and thought that I worked hard and I earned it... I became the cafe's manager for a year... I got busy with work and left the country for quite a while...

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After I sang... I felt that I wanted to see if she was real... I went over to her place but she was gone... Why does she have to leave?...

 

 

 

The next night... I stood at her place waiting if she'll come... but... no one was there... was I just hallucinating?

 

 

 

The next night... Before I waited on a starry night... I decide that, If she fails to come... I'll consider myself dreaming the whole time... I can't imagine myself, a well-educated person, hallucinating about a girl after breaking-up with my girlfriend?... That's just too ridiculous! 

 

 

 

 

But... something tells me that she's real... and now my mind is fighting over my heart... 

 

 

 

 

My mind says: GET OVER HER DUDE! 

 

 

 

 

My heart says: wait for her...

 

 

 

I don't know what to do... If I would to do what my mind says... I have a strong feeling I'll regret it...

 

 

 

 

 

no other choice...

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll Wait for her...

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The cafe that I used to work on, became a bistro, where the youth would usually go... Since It bacame like this, we have been having lots of customers and we also have branches all through-out asia... Aaah... What a busy life...

 

I decided to clean my stuff and get ready to move to my new home...

 

when suddenly this old sketchbook falls from one of the boxes...

 

 

I can't remember a single thing about this till I opened it... 

 

 

 

the picture... 

 

 

 

the voice....

 

 

 

the silhouette...

 

 

 

It went all up into my head when I saw sketch...

 

 

the silhouette of the man made me remember his voice...

 

''I miss him..'' I suddenly mumbled to myself...

 

Don't get me wrong! I was also shocked at what I said... I usually don't come near guys these days... My friends would surprise me with a blind date but... I feel that, they're not the one...

 

 

I feel, that there is someone out there waiting for me... I hope...

 

 

So, before leaving the place... I took one more stop at the bridge and went to the boy's spot at the other side of the bridge... I plan on staying there for the whole night... I was so astounded, remembering how I used to go here everynight and justlook at the stars...

 

 

I satrted to sing... I still remembered the song...  It never left my mind... then suddenly... 

 

 

 

His voice... Echoing from the other side of the bridge... I quickly went to the otherside then...

 

 

 

''Its you!''

 

 

_________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

 

I didn't stop from going to the bridge... Hoping to see her everynight... I also moved to her spot so whenever she come's... I'll gladly meet her... 

 

 

 

Its been a year since she never came... My friends would brag about their new girlfriends like little boys with their new toy... They also put me up to blind dates and arranged meetings but I just refused... I feel that the decision I made was not worth the effort...

 

 

 

I started to lose hope that she IS real... I kept thinking it through if I should wait or not...

 

 

 

''I miss her...''

 

 

 

 

Then one night,... I went back to bridge... I promised myself that, that was the last time I'm visiting that old bridge... And yes... I was planning on forgetting about her, the mysterious girl...

 

 

And again... I waited for an hour...

 

 

the suddenly...

 

 

 

the voice...

 

 

 

I heard her voice...

 

 

 

 

She's here!

 

 

 

 

My heart throbbed hard out of excitement...

 

 

 

 

Finally...

 

 

 

She came back!...

 

 

 

I sang the song...

 

 

She still remembers the song... She didn't forget... that made me blush, even though I'm a guy... haha!

 

 

But no matter... She's here... 

 

 

I saw her running to my spot and there... I finally meet her...

 

''Its you!''

 

 

******************THE END*****************

 

A/N: Thankyou everyone who read this~ Its really a great honor for me~ I'm just new here and starting o make stories~ 

 

If you have any complaints, suggestions or questions... Just please PM me, And I will answer it ASAP~