Speeding Ticket (BangHim)

A Collage of Rice

Himchan showed absolutely no mercy to the car accelerator as he sped 25 miles over the 50 mile speed limit in his ostentatious red sports car. He wasn’t in a hurry to catch a meeting or anything important, he just liked the fast lane. Himchan didn’t really acknowledge his dangerous driving habits, in fact, he was a rather good driver- excluding that time he almost ran over an old lady just a few moments ago. A little speeding never killed anyone…well, except during those head on collisions when someone wasn’t paying attention (speaking of which he placed down his nail clippers in favor of changing lanes). Anyways, the point is, speeding wasn’t a big deal and he’s never been caught by the police so-

Flashy red and blue lights suddenly appeared out of thin air along with a loud and obnoxious siren. The blaring noise interrupted his text message and he was about to shoot the police car with a look of annoyance but his heart jumped when he noticed the cruiser was hot on Himchan’s tail.

Releasing a string of curses, he slowed down his vehicle before pulling over on the side of the road. Angrily putting his car into park, he heaved a sigh and impatiently started to thrum his fingers against the steering wheel.

Great, just my luck.

Now he would be subjected to a 20 minute waiting period while the lazy cop got his act together.

However to his surprise the tap on his window came sooner than expected. Himchan rolled down his tinted windows and prepared to hand the cop some fabricated excuse for his speeding, however he lost his voice when he laid eyes on a rather handsome man.

“Good afternoon, Princess,” The officer broke out into a rather sarcastic gummy bear smile that intrigued and annoyed Himchan at the same time.

But his voice was the most captivating. His voice was a deep baritone, colored in a dark rich chocolate that was undeniably y. It matched his appearance, giving off a tough, badass exterior.

Before he could think Himchan spluttered, “My name isn’t Princess, it’s Kim Himchan.”

“That’s not what your license plate says,” The officer commented.

Himchan suddenly remembered that his license plate read PRINCESS and bitterly cursed Daehyun once again for the unamusing prank. He never got around changing it because he had been too busy.

“I know, officer…” Himchan squinted his eyes as he tried to search for a name tag.

“Bang Yongguk,” The police officer supplied him with an answer.

There was an awkward silence before the police cleared his throat and continued, “Do you know how fast you were going?”

As the question was being asked Yongguk’s eyes began to trail down Himchan’s body, locking in on his thighs. He began to shift uncomfortably in his seat, feeling the cop judging him in his too-tight jeans.

“I don’t know, you tell me,” Himchan blurted regrettably under his nervous tension.

Yongguk glanced back at him and raised an eyebrow before continuing, “You were going 75 miles on a 50 mile lane. Is there any reason why I shouldn’t write you a ticket?”

Himchan thought for a moment before he remembered his excuse, “My grandmother is dying of cancer at this very moment and I need to speak to her one last time before she passes away-”

“Nope, try again,” Yongguk said.

“My wife is about to give birth to our first born and I need to be there when she delivers-”

“You aren’t married…Your profile says you are single,” Yongguk looked unimpressed.

His eyes trailed down to Himchan’s thighs once more, causing the speeder to unconsciously cover his vulnerability with his hands.

 “Why were you really speeding?”

His stare never left Himchan’s thighs.

He can’t be gay? Why is he checking me out?

Getting irritated by this little game Himchan decided to step it up a notch. Getting a ticket didn’t matter anymore, this cop’s blatant staring was starting to annoy him and now he just wanted to see how far he could push it- without being arrested, of course.

Forgetting his embarrassment Himchan removed his hands from his lap and spread his legs a little wider, allowing the fabric to cling a bit tighter around his legs.

“Because I wanted to see you,” Himchan pulled a seductive face and batted his eyes just for the hell of it.

To his surprise the officer’s reaction was not one of disgust, offense or anger…but Yongguk actually blushed a pretty pink. It was really…cute.

Labeling this as a success, Himchan continued his flirting, “If you let me off this one maybe we can get a drink after your shift is over.”

 Yongguk blinked rather cutely in disbelief, “I…I don’t think that’s a good idea...” He shook his head and frowned despite his tinted cheeks, “Are you joking right now? Do you really want me to fine you?”

“I’m not joking, Officer Bang,” He winked.

In reality, Himchan wasn’t joking, because the cop was growing on him.

Yongguk coughed into his clipboard, “I’m letting you off with a warning, Princess.”

“Call me Himchan,” He insisted.

“Okay, HImchan…” Yongguk pointed to Himchan’s crotch, “I forgot to tell you your fly was down.”

With those departing words, Yongguk turned around to leave.

Himchan blushed and hurriedly zipped his pants back up before sticking his head out of the window, “Wait, do you want my number?”

“No,” Yongguk added, “It’s already on your profile…”

Himchan smiled and mouthed ‘call me’, as he placed a pretend hand phone by his ear.