A Good Reason

Don't Leave (Me), Moron

A/N: Umm... I'm back? This is inspired by a prompt on tumblr because I still haven't recovered my muse and have been through some hard times the past months. I do however want to get better and I remember that writing used to help me with that, so here I am: trying my hardest. And to those of you who stayed subscribers all this time, first of all: I am so sorry. Second: This one is for you. (I apologize for the abrupt ending but I really wanted to upload this today, I hope you all like it regardless!)



"Before you say anything, let me clear out some facts. First and foremost; you love me."

Wonshik was tempted to argue out of spite, but bit back the venom on his tongue and only nodded.

"Secondly; I have a really really good reason," said Hakyeon with only a slightly guilty smile playing on his lips and an energetic puppy in his arms. That guilty smile Wonshik had seen on him a few times since they first met in that dance studio all those years ago. Mostly it appeared when the older man's feelings did not match his actions and the conflict that ensued within him. Like when Hakyeon pranked their youngest member into drinking a can of milk and immediately regreted it. Or when he snapped at Jaehwan's persistent, but completely well-meaning, meddling. Or when Hongbin had left the dorm after buying a house for his family and went to live with them. Hakyeon had been emotionally drained from both mourning the "loss" of their first member from the dorm but as VIXX passed their eight anniversary as an idol group they had all seen it coming. And despite the sadness it was also a relief, as dorm-life had a tendency to put strain on even the best of friendships.

The puppy kept squirming in Hakyeon's hold, obviously excited about the new visitor.

Wonshik sighed.

"I'm waiting," he said. Trying his best to sound stern and the more responsible out of the two, but Hakyeon's smile was getting to him. When he didn't respond Wonshik moved to hang up his coat on the wall and dropping his bag to the floor, removing his face-mask at the same time. "For that really good reason you said you had? That would explain how come you have a hyperactive ball of fur in your arms? A ball of fur that was not present when I left for that song producing-camp two days ago?"

Hakyeon's smile turned sheepish at those words and lowered his head a bit to look down at the cream-coloured dog held tight to his chest. The dog did not look back but was more interested in attempting to chew Hakyeon's fringe which had grown long since their last comeback. Raising his head again Hakyeon flipped his fringe out of his eyes and had apparently steeled himself for opposition.

"Well, as you know Taekwoon and Hyukkie have more or less relocated to Taekwoon's flat in Ansan," Hakyeon shook his head before Wonshik could even open his mouth to argue, "I know it isn't official yet, but I am not stupid."

No, you are not. Never have been, Wonshik thought with fondness.

"I know what they plan and although I do not agree with it, they are free to seek their own happiness in whatever way fits them the best. They have courage, I'll give them that," Hakyeon bit his lip and Wonshik wanted to tell him not to worry but instead settled for taking a couple steps closer.

"And with them gone this dorm is becoming more and more quiet by the day," Hakyeon said solemnly. "Jaehwan doesn't mind, in fact he has actually stated on numerous occasions that a dog would make him feel better about his presence here. Less like he is, intruding..."

Wonshik knew what Hakyeon meant by that and felt the familliar pang of guilt when thinking about how his and Hakyeon's relationship was affecting their friend. They had been involved for quite some time, years even, it was hard to say where it had all started. How they had shifted from friends to something more. Jaehwan was happy for them, that much was obvious, but life was never perfect and try as they might some issues and grudges took longer time to heal than others.

As if sensing the mood dropping to a new low the puppy let out a whine and struggled harder for freedom. Momentarily suprised Hakyeon almost dropped the dog but once regaining his hold he decided to put the pup down on the floor instead. With all four paws on the ground the little furball took charge and bolted towards Wonshik, only to stumble and fall face first into the floor.

Wonshik could not help the hearty laugh that escaped him at that sight,

Undeterred the creme-coloured dog got up and ran straight for Wonshik once again, and he met the dog with cautious hands as he squatted down on the floor. The little thing did seem to radiate sunshine with it's goofy smile and light fur. Before Wonshik knew it the furball was snuggling into his chest as he held the dog in his arms.

Standing straight once again he sensed Hakyeon coming closer and that guilty smile already in the past, now a bright toothy grin was plastered on his beautiful face.

"Where did you get him from?" Wonshik wondered as he scratched the dog's belly with his free hand.

"I got her from a dog shelter, apparently her last owners had taken her and her siblings away from their mother too early. She was the only one who made it," Hakyeon's voice was proud yet understandibly sad at the same time.

"And you are aware of the responsibility you've just shouldered?"

Hakyeon shot Wonshik a glare that settled that question without any words.

"I guess I approve then," Wonshik gave Hakyeon a quick peck, "if only to see you smile that brightly again."

And Hakyeon did, they both did.

Surely, the dog did too.