The One and Only Chapter

Wasn't Enough

 

 

 

Key POV.

I can’t take this anymore. He’s gone. He finally... left me. My heart, it hurts. So much. So, so much.

Kibum was standing outside a quaint little café. He was on his way home when he heard a familiar laughter ring through his ears. He knew who owned that melodic voice. The same man who owned his heart. Jonghyun. But that wasn’t the only laughter he heard.

Am I too late? Has he already found someone? Of course he has. It’s her.

No one spotted Kibum. Even when it started raining, the poor drenched boy lay unnoticed by the happy couple. He stood there for seconds but to him it felt like hours. Hours that he was not on Jonghyuns mind, not even in his life. He started crying to himself, wishing for it not to be real. His mind pieced together who the girl was.

Long hair, long legged beauty. His pinpointed ideal type. Shin Sekyung. I’m nothing compared to her.

After minuets of agonizing thoughts, he finally pulled himself together to walk back to the dorm, or tried to. He stopped in the middle of a bridge. Looking over the edge he came to a conclusion. He was gonna call him. He was going to find out the truth… no matter how much it hurt him.

I at least deserve to know the truth right? To know if Jonghyun is really happy with… her, right?

He called him. And after only a few rings, he heard a familiar “Yeobuseyo?” Putting on his most cheerful voice he answered,

“Hey Jjong, it’s Key.”

That’s it Kibum. Don’t show him how much you’re hurting. Don’t let him hear how bad he is breaking my heart.

“Hey Key, what’s up?”

“Nothing much, just wondering what you’re doing.”

“Oh, well I’m on a date with Sekyung!”


Crack.

“Really? You guys started dating?”

“Yeah. She’s so funny, and nice, she’s just amazing!”

Crack.

“That’s great. So… you must really like h-her then?”

Please no. I’m begging. Please no!

“Yeah. I can just picture myself growing old with her.” Crack. “She’s just one of a kind I don’t think I would want to ever let go.” Crack. “I’ve… never felt this way about someone before, I guess maybe,” No. Please don’t say it. Anything but that! Anything! “I just think I’m maybe…” NO! “… in love.” Break. “… Kibum?”

Kibum’s entire body felt numb. He couldn’t feel anything but the pain engulfing his heart. Not the rain pelting down on him. Not the winter cold biting away at his poorly covered body. Nothing.

“Kibum?”

He could only vaguely hear Jonghyun calling him. Everything felt so distant. So calm. So unreal. The people passing him were nothing but a blur.

“Kibum? You still there?”

“I’m here. Just a little, distracted. I have to go now, but… I’m h-happy for you Jonghyun. You deserve to be happy…”

“Thanks Kibum! That means a lot coming from you! Oh well I should probably get back to Sekyung now, bye!”

“Goodbye Jonghyun…” Forever.

A sharp pain came over Jonghyun just after he hung up. He didn’t know what happened, but all he felt was a seething pain enveloping his heart. Luckily though, it only lasted a second… for both of them.

Just as Jonghyun hung up, Kibum let his body fall over the edge of the bridge.

I loved you the most Jonghyun. But I guess my love wasn’t good enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I directly sopied and pasted it... so it turned out a bit weird.... sorry