Kai

HunHan Plays Cupid

 

“Kai, please?” the blonde-haired boy beside me pouted, pleading me to go with him on some stupid double date.

“Why would I go to the amusement park with you and your boyfriend? Sehun, I love you and all, but I don’t think I’d like to see you two be all lovey-dovey…” I couldn’t fathom why he was so desperate to get me to come; I mean he’d probably like it better if it was just the two of them, no third-wheel.

“But you’re my best friend, and I want you to come. Besides, you’ll be lonely if you stay here all alone on Valentines’ day.” He tried persuading me but I wasn’t going to budge anytime soon. I just gave him a look that said, ‘I’m still not going no matter what you say.’

Sehun looked at me with those puppy dog eyes of his, desperate for me to agree. No. No. Do not fall into that trap, Jongin.

“What if I told you that Lay was going too. Would you come?” his voice had a tint of playfulness like he knew I wouldn’t be able to resist.

 

Lay. Yixing. My dancing buddy. But ever since we both featured in SM The Performance together, performing that awesome duet, I’ve been having this weird feeling every time I see him. Like before, I still have fun dancing together, but sometimes I want to just show off and impress him. Sehun must have caught on to me hesitating because the next second, he suddenly hugs me, screaming,

“OMG, I LOVE YOU! THANKS BESTIE!” I just rolled my eyes at his enthusiastic response, actually anticipating a double date with Lay. Wait, what? Did I just think double date? Uhm, I meant spending the day with a fellow member… Oh, who am I kidding? 

 

-

 

“Baby, over here!” Sehun called over his boyfriend and my date for the day. Luhan rushed over and the two shared a long hug. Like, really long. Freaking 5 minutes. I peeked around the couple, locking eyes with Lay. He smiled at me, his dimples making him look so adorable. Did I just call him adorable? Must be the romance hormones from HunHan that were infecting me…

Coming back to reality, I notice Lay giving me a signal to walk away and leave the couple, who were about to make out in public. Like, eww. I shuffle off to the side, breathing a sigh of relief when I find myself next to Lay. I grab his hand, interlocking our fingers together and I drag him off to the nearest rollercoaster. Looking back at him, I flash him my most impressive smile, high on that weird love hormone thingy that’s making butterflies bloom in my stomach whenever I look at Lay

“Let’s go and have fun!”

 

-

 

I found myself forgetting that we were here for Sehun and Luhan, enjoying the moment with Lay. We went everywhere, my excitement filling me up on a high. Of course, the person I was with only made me feel happier and as it grew dark, I pulled him over to a cozy café, ordering two of the Valentines’ special.

 “Hey, Lay?”

“Yeah?” he looked up at me, curiosity in his eyes.

“Had fun?” I asked, suddenly changing the question I had in my mind.

“Haha, yeah. I’m kinda glad that Luhan dragged me along to come today,” he said, smiling like an innocent puppy, his dimples the most adorable thing ever.

“I’m glad you did, too,” I  smiled, feeling a blush warming my cheeks. I think he noticed, and he cocked his head to the side.

“Was there something else?” he asked me. I guess being trainees together for so long, dancing away all those hours makes it impossible for me to lie to him.

 

“Uhm…” I hesitated. What if he rejects me? Would EXO disband? I mean, obviously our brothers would choose sides… K with me and M with Lay. But something in my stomach (probably those butterflies) told me to just tell him the truh.

“Lay. I like you.” I looked straight into his eyes, willing for him to say those words back at me. At first, there was only silence. But slowly, I saw the tell-tale hint of a warm blush on his cheeks and his dimples were slightly visible.

“Kai. I like you too.” My heart rate began fluttering as the butterflies from my stomach tried to fly free, my mind rejoicing at our mutual feelings for each other. We sat grinning at each other like love-sick fools for the next half hour, drinking our couple Valentines’ special.

 

-

 

“Oops, I just saw a message from Sehun. He said that he went back to the dorms with Luhan-hyung already.” Reading the last part of the message, I felt the blush that had been on my face for most of the day return. Lay, noticing this, looked over at my cellphone and read out the message:

 

‘We saw you two being all lovey-dovey at the café and decided to leave you guys alone. Just saying, me and Luhan-hyung planned this all out ;) We knew both of you liked each other so we decided to give you guys a little push. It’s our present to both of you for Valentines’ Day. Just remember, KaiLay was born through HunHan’s hard work ;D

Love, Sehunnie & Luhannie’

 

 

 

I peeked at his face and saw that it mirrored my own; embarrassed but feeling slightly grateful that they went through all the trouble of getting us together. Grabbing his hand for the second time today, I led him away from the amusement park, towards our dorm.

“Let’s go home, baby”

Lay blushed. “Baby?”

“Yes, I’ve been wanting to call you mine forever.” I winked at him, and he blushed even harder.

We laugh together, swinging our intertwined arms as we go back home.