Chapter 1

Misunderstandings

This is my first time writing angst so be nice please.I don't hate Lay,infact his my EXO bias.

red=Mandarin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was like any other day that EXO and Alexa's group had a late start at SMEnt,Lay and Alexa were on the couch,her head in Lay's lap sound asleep.It was the 8th time in thirty minutes that Lay's phone went off,gettting irritated and worried that it would wake Alexa up,he moves her head and gently lays in on a couch pillow,quietly making his way to the kitchen to answer his phone.Being the light sleeper she is,Alexa wakes up as soon as her head hits the pillow.She looks around a little disoriented and confused not finding Lay by her side until she hears his voice coming from the kitchen in fast whispers.She makes her way to him rubbing her eyes sleepily and stands at the door as he speaks into the phone,his back to her,only catching a few words of his conversation,*Why...I told you...Stop.Is Yixing mad at someone?*she thinks making her way back to the livingroom not wanting to eavesdrop on his conversation.A few minutes later Lay walks back into the livingroom surprised to find Alexa awake and watching tv."You're...awake." "Ne.Oppa,who were you talking to you?You seemed a little mad..",she says scooting over so he could sit."D-de?Oh,an old friend of mine keeps calling.He...wants me to get him an audition.",he says unable to look at her,scared his lie would be found out."Oh.Keurae?",she says and lays her head back in his lap.*I'm sorry Alexa.But if you knew who that really was...I'm scared of how you'd react.I don't want to hurt you.*,he thinks looking down at her,playing with her hair."Ya,lovebirds.It's time to go.",Kris says walking past them to the door to put his shoes on,closely followed by Xiumin,Tao,and Luhan."Already?",Alexa asks,getting up and stretching."Yeah.So top making out and let's go.",Chen says,smirking at them as he walks past."Ya,Kim Jongday!Are you blind?Does it look like we're making out?!",she yells."Yes.",Chen says and laughs when he sees her glare at him but stop as soon as Yixing holds her hand.Standing at EXO's door Alexa looks up at Lay and says,"Oppa,see you after practice.Meet me at the front door?"Lay nods and kisses her forehead before walking away.*It would be nice if we could go together.*,she thinks watching Lay walk away.

     A few hours later as Alexa makes her way back to her vocal lessons from the cafeteria she hears a voice she'd recognize anywhere coming from around the corner and decides to surprise him.When she steps around the corner and sees him she immediately steps back.Leaning against the wall she thinks,*Isn't that..his ex?Why is she here?Yixing,what's going on?*She fails to realize that Suho is standing a few feet away from her looking fromher to Yixing,who was to engrossed talking in rapid whispers to the pretty girl before him,to notice Alexa.*Yixing what are you doing?*,Suho thinks.He sees Alexa walk away slowly,a hurt and confused look on her face and decides to follow her.He reaches her just as she steps into the elevator."Annyeong Lexi-ya.Where are you going?" "Annyeong ,oppa.I...forgot Jihee asked me to get her a drink so I'm going back to the cafeteria.Where are you going?" "Same place.Have you seen Yixing?He was called to the lobby a while ago and hasn't come back yet." "A-ani.I haven't seen Lay oppa since morning." *Why are you lying,Alexa?Do you know who that girl was?*,Suho thinks looking at her through the corner of his eyes,as she tries to hide her face in her hair.

     A few minutes later,as Alexa and Suho walk past the lobby they see Yixing with a girl.*It's the same girl.*,he thinks and looks at Alexa whose jaw had clentched."Kaja,oppa.",she says and they make their way slowly to Lay."Annyeong oppa.",she says happily startling Lay."A-annyeong Lexi.",he stutters nervously."Yixing,who was that girl you were talking to?",Suho asks."Oh--" "She must be the new trainee that's staring soon.",Alexa says interrupting Lay,feeling scared of what his answer would be."New trainee?",Suho asks."Ne.There's a rumor that a trainee Lee SooMan-ssi scouted himself is starting soo.That must've been her.Oppa,did they choose you to show her around?" "N-ne.",Lay says and Suho doesn't miss the frown and hurt that flash across Alexa's face for a second."Well,I should get back to my lesson.Oppa,mianhae.I have to stay late today,so just go eat with the guys,ok?Annyeong.",she says looking at at Yixing and quickly walks away.*But she said she was leaving with us.*,Suho thinks and looks at Lay who was a guilty look on his face.

Over the next 2 weeks Lay started acting wierd whenever Alexa was with him and his phone went off.He would either ignore it and smile at her sheepishly,or walk away and take the call.One day as Lay is busy in the kitchen making dinner for the members his phone goes off."Tao,answer it.If it's Alexa tell her-" "It's not Lexa jiejie.Gege,I thinks you better get this.",Tao says walking into the kitchen and giving Lay his phone with a suspicious look on his face.Lay looks at the name and picture on the screen and quicly walks away."Tao,who was it?",Xiumin asks but Tao only shakes his head and walks away.Kris walks to his room and hears a bit of Lay's conversation,walking away with a pissed confused look on his face.As they ate the atmosphere was awkward and no one said anything until Kris broke the silence."Yixing,who was that?And don't even think about lieing to me." "My ex.",he says unable to look any of them in the eye."I thought you didn't have any contact with her.I thought you were over her.Isn't that why you asked Alexa out?Does she know about this?",Kris asked irritated with Yixing,going into protective older brother mode."I didn't have any contact with her,but a few weeks ago she started calling and texting me.I don't even know how she got my number.No,Alexa doesn't know and I don't want her to find out." They talk about it for a while forgetting about the food on their plates."What if she does find out?Yixing,we all know what happened with Alexa and her ex.She'll get hurt.",Luhan says remembering the conversation EXO had with her.How she had finally opened up 1 year after knowing each other ansd confessed she found her ex(her finace at the time)in bed with her best friend 2 days before their engagement party."She won't find out and XiaoHong is going back to China soon."Kris gets angered by Yixing's answer and stands up,"That's not good enough,Yixing.You should tell Lexi before she finds out herself.If you want to be friends with XiaoHong that's fine,but don't hide it form Alexa and make it look like something else is going on.",Kris says and walks away quickly.The next day Kris,Alexa and Lay stood in a circle talking,while the EXO members and Alexa's groupmates did their own thing,until Lay's phone goes off.He looks at the screen and quicly walks away to the farthest corner of the room to answer."Hey Kris.Do you know what's wrong with Yixing?He's been acting weird lately.",Alexa says in English,lookinh up at Kris."Wierd how?" "He freaks whenever I so much as lookm at his phone.Before I could play on it until the battery died,he didn't care if I was within hearing distance of his conversations.Now look at him.He has to be as far away as possible.I don't know,maybe I'm being paranoid.It's just..a little wierd.",she says looking at Yixing."Sorry,I don't know.",Kris answers in English.*Sorry Alexa,but that something for Yixing to explain himself.*,Kris thinks.

     The next day Alexa and EXO make their way out to lunch amd almost fall over when the EXOm members suddenly stop walking.Alexa and Lay who were behind Kris,Chanyeol,and Tao,and in front of Baekhyun,Sehun and Luhan almost get squished.Alexa looks around confused in their sudden stop and still holding Lay's hand pushes her way between Kris and Chanyeol asking what's wrong.She looks at Kris and follows his line of sight,immediately letting go of Lay's hand and stepping away just as XiaoHong calls,"Yixing.".He unconcsiously moves closer to her but she moves away..XiaoHong walks over to the group and hugs Yixing,asking"Ta shi shui? Ni de nu pengyou ma?(Who is she?Your girlfriend?)"Alexa understanding most of it,thanks to her mandarin lessons and spending so much time with EXOm says,"Meiyou.(No.)I'm his hoobae.Gege*points at Lay*meimei*points at herself*."Ah,ni hao.",XiaoHong says with a bow."Oppa,we should go.I'm starving.Gege,you can just meet us there.",she says looking from Kris to Yixing and taking Tao's arm walks out of the building.*What is she doing here?D-does Alexa know?*,Luhan thinks worriedly looking from XiaoHong to Alexa before walking out.As they make their way to a samgyeopsal restaurant Chanyeol turns to Kris and asks,"Hyung,do you know that girl that was with Yixing hyung?" "Ani.Molla.",Kris says as he looks at Alexa's back as she walks in front of him with Tao."She must be an old friend of his.She seemed very happy to see him.",she says a faint hint of sadness in her voice.

     Two days later Alexa walks into the praactice room with a lunchbox in her hand looking around for Yixing."Jongin-ah.Do you know where Yixing-oppa is?We're suppose to have lunch together." "I heard him say something about going to the roof for some air.",Kai says. "Keurae?Komawo.",she says and walks out.She makes her way happily towards the roof,as she turns the corner to the last hallway the sight that greets her leaves her wide eyed and breathless.She steps back and stands against the wall a hand over to muffle her cries as tears run down her cheek.*It..it can't be.Yixing wouldn't.He wouldn't cheat on me.*,she thinks,crying into her hand.*Yixing,wo ai ni.",she hears XiaoHong say and Alexa runs away crying almost dropping the lunchbox.Suho who saw her makes his way over to where she was and sees the same thing she did,Yixing and XiaoHong kissing.*What the ?*,he thinks and runs after her.He finds her sitting against a wall,her knees pulled into her chest,her head on her knees as she cries softly yet so heartbrokenly it makes him want to cry too."Alexa.",he says and slowly makes his way to her.She wipes her tears away and looks up to him."Oppa,wae?" "Are you ok?What's wrong?" "I don't feel good.I think I;m going to be sick. My...stomach hurts.",she lies,tearing up again."Do you want me to take you to the infermary?" "Ani,I'll be ok.I'm going home. I-I just..really don't feel good. Say bye to the guys for me please.",she says and stands up."Alexa--" "Geongjeonghajima,oppa.",she says and walks away quickly as her tears fall.*Why are you lieing to me?Why can't you just tell me the truth and let me comfort you?Why can't you see how much I love you?*,Suho thinks as he watches her leave.

     A few hours later when practice ends Jongin walks over to Yixing."Hyunf,how was the food?It's been forever since Alexa-noona cooks us food.You're so lucky hyung." "Jongin,what are you talking about?",Yixing asks confused."Alexa-noona came to look for you during lunch.I told her you went to the roof.Didn't you meet her?" "*Did she see us?*Ani.I haven't seen her all day."I'm going to call her.*she doesn't pick up*She's not answering.",Yixing says and keeps calling.As they head to their vans Kyungsoo asks,"Hyung,still nothing?" "Ne.She's not picking up.",Yixing says sending a text."Leave her alone.I saw her during lunch.She was sitting in the middle of the hallway crying.",Suho says."Crying?Why would she be crying?",Kris asks,immediately thinking of XiaoHong."Her stomach hurt.She was in so much pain she was crying.She had to go home early.But shouldn't you know that Yixing?",Suho says angrily before getting in the van.*Why didn't she tell me?*,Yixing thinks worriedly.That night no matter how many times he called or sent a message,Yixing never got an answer.Kris made his way into his room and to his bed."Yixing you haven't told Alexa about XiaoHong yet.How much longer do you expect to keep it from her?It's onvious XiaoHong wants you back.Alexa's not dumb,she's figure it out soon if she hasn't already.Yixing,you need to stop.You'll hurt Alexa and that's something I can't forgive.",Kris says before turning his back on Lay and texting Alexa.*Hey,are you ok?Joonmyeon said you're sick.I hope you're feeling better.See you tomorrow.*

     Alexa laid curled up in bed crying her eyes out,listening to her phone go off with calls and texts from Yixing until she couldn't take it anymore and removed the battery.She lay there thinking about what to do.*Is he cheating on me?No,he wouldn't do that.Then why is she here? Why is he meeting her?Does he want her back?Does he still love her?Is he leaving me?*Just before finally falling asleep she comes to a decision on waht to dom about Lay,a final tear rolling down her cheek.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or typos.English is my second language and tho im fluent in it im too lazy to proofread.I might com back and edit.

Sub and comment please.