Cut.

Cut
It's been a year since Jino was dropped from SM's latest project boy group and he still remembers the pain, the hurt he felt when it happened. His lifelong dream had crashed right before his very eyes and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. He congratulated his friends with a smile on his face as he held back his tears, staying to train despite how ty he felt. He still remembers walking home like a zombie and crying the moment he reached his room, locking the door shut and throwing himself onto the comforts of his bed. It’s not every day somebody tells you you aren’t good enough. And to put it frankly Jino didn’t get it, he didn’t understand. He’s never skipped a single day of training, SM The Ballad had gotten quite a bit of love and he tried his best during all the interviews and radio shows. It just didn’t make sense.
 
With a sigh, Jino walked out of the training room and made way for the EXO boys. It’s their turn to use the practice room, debut it is only days away. Jino didn’t want to admit it, but he felt envy within every single fibre of his being. He lingered around the area and listened as the music to their first title track started playing. Jino can hear the squeaking of their runners against the hard wood floors and their voices singing along to their parts to work on their endurance. Merely moments prior to their practice, Jino had been in there, dancing and singing with a few of the new trainees, sweating until his shirt clung to his back. He had been doing the same thing as them but it just isn’t the same. Jino would trade anything, everything, to be in that room right now. He wanted to sing and dance alongside the friends he had made, working hard towards their dream and stand on stage together. No matter how much Jino wants to debut though, he has to accept that this is life and life .
 
Jino watched as other trainees came and go, he watched as his friends made their debut and he watched as the love they receive continued to grow. Jino watched with a heavy heart at all the things that could have been. He doesn’t know what hurts more, the fact that his friends debuted before he did or the fact that he was so close. It doesn’t really matter though does it? They’re there and he’s here. Jino doesn’t know how much longer he has to wait before the day his dream comes true but he has made a promise to himself, a promise to never give up. The way his heart tore in two as he read the list of names only increased Jino’s willpower to do better, to prove to them that he is, in fact, good enough. When they’re asked to practice a dance for two hours, Jino stays for four or five hours; he stays and dances until the movements have been perfected. When others have fun during their free time, he takes out his notes on song writing or picks up a new instrument to learn. Jino works hard on his vocals but never forgets to take care of his health as well. Jino has a focused goal in mind and he’ll do whatever it takes to get there.