Like A Scarecrow

Like A Scarecrow

 

I knocked the door happily. Hoping that my boyfriend would open the door. The door was opened and Junhong showed up instead of Daehyun. I frowned.

“Where’s Daehyun?” I asked.

“You wished that Daehyun-hyung who open the door, didn’t you?” He said.

“Of course! Because he is my boyfriend. And he just messaged me that he would open the door.” I protested.

“Oppaaaa wae your little brother always showed up instead of you? I’m bringing cheesecake!” I said loudly. And then I heard a loud thud from the stairs.

“Seems that your brother really loves cheesecake than me.” I lifted an eyebrow. Junhong laughed.

“Noona…noona…noona…that’s soooo obvious.” He folded his arms and intendly gazing at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Where’s the cheesecake?” Suddenly Daehyun popped up behind Junhong.

“Choose! Me or cheesecake?” I grinned. Junhong looked at me and rolled his eyes. I giggled.

“Oh..that would be a difficult choice. I’d rather choose you and the bonus is cheesecake.” He suddenly kissed my forehead. I blushed.

“Pabo! Junhong is watching us. You think this is a drama or what?” I grumbled at Daehyun.

“I pretend I don’t see that scene.” Junhong closed his eyes with his hand and went to the living room. I laughed.

“Your little brother is soooooo cute. I wanna have a brother like him. It’s so lonely without any sibling.” I said.

“Junhong is 17 anyway. He is not cute anymore.” He said. “Yeo Eun-ah, you still have me and Junhong. Me as a father. Junhong as our child. Hahahhaha..” He added. I laughed again.

“Now we’re gonna go in or standing outside?” I asked.

“Okay. Okay. What do you prefer? Living room? Or dining room? Or maybe…my room…?” He grinned. I hit his chest and say, “Dining room! Since we will celebrate your winning in national singing competition. Hmmm….my boyfriend will be famous after this.” I said as I was walking towards the dining room.

“Junhong-ah. You don’t want one?” I asked. He always comes whenever I have something delicious in hand.

“It supposed to be our own party, jagi.” Daehyun said.

“Errr…without Junhong?” I hesitated.

“Just the two of us.” Daehyun started to back hug me. I blushed and smiled. I could smell his perfume when he hugged me.

“Eat.” I commanded. Aaaaah…I feel my heart was beating so fast already because his breath was so close to me, making me shiver.

“Mwo?” He complained.

“I’ve brought you a delicious cheesecake today, yet you don’t want to eat and prefer to eat me rather than the cheesecake?” I nagged.

“Ahahahhaha….soooo outspoken. Okay. I’ll eat first.” He pecked me on the cheek and sat on the chair. I saw him eating and smiled. Good. He loves it.

“What do you not like, Oppa? Hahahaha…” I chuckled.

“Wait…I’ll give this to Junhong too.” I cut some pieces of cake for him and placed it on the plate.

“Junhong-ah…” I walked to the living room and saw him still watching the TV.

“What are you watching?” I catched a glimpse and said, “Breaking news? That’s not typical you.” I added. He still didn’t take is eyes off the television.

“Hey. This. I bring you a cheesecake.” I patted his shoulder. Maybe he was sleeping?

“Noona…” Oh? He wasn’t sleeping.

“Come here..” He patted the empty seat beside him.

“Yeo Eun-ah…” Daehyun called me from dining room.

“Yeee…” I answered.

“What happened, Junhong-ah?” I returned to him. He shook his head.

“Ani.. Just go back to my hyung. I’ll eat this later.” He said sharply. I looked at him confusedly.

 “Oh…okay.”  I went back to Daehyun weakly.

***

After the sun sets and everyone goes home
I am standing alone in a wide field
Little by little, I can’t see ahead of me because of the darkness
It makes me more and more afraid of being alone but
When I opened my tightly shut eyes at some point
Beautiful stars were shining
Like the images of you, who left far away

“Noona…… Why should my hyung whom you love….?”

***

“Daehyun-ah.” I called.

“Hm?”

Now we were cuddling and watching movies in Daehyun’s room.

“What happened to Junhong?” I asked.

“Wae? What do you mean, jagi?” he asked again.

“Err…he looks sad. Is there something wrong with his school? His friends maybe?” I interrogated. Daehyun just shook his head.

“I don’t know? Nowadays he rarely told me about his school and friends.”

“Aigo…you are his hyung. You should care to your little brother.” I pinched his cheek. He groaned. “He isn’t a little brother anymore.”

“But…”

“Why are you suddenly talking about Junhong?” He muttered.

“Aniyoo…. I just feel worried about him.”

“Okay. I’ll talk to him later. Now let’s continue our own party.” He said and give the remote to me to change the movie that has finished.

***

It was 8 pm when we finished the last movie.

“That was the looooooooong movie that I ever watched.” I said playfully.

“Hahaha…you’ve watched 5 movies in total, jagi.” Daehyun added.

“Mwo? Me? It should be us.” I smiled.

“Where’s Junhong-ah? I should say goodbye to him too.” I said.

“I don’t know. Maybe he is doing his homework.” Daehyun shrugged his shoulder and hug me.

“Thank you for today, jagiya..” he said. I smiled and hugged him tightly.

“I love youuu…”

“I love you more..” He answered and kissed me on forehead.

“I’ll take you home.” He said again. I shook my head and smiled.

“Ani. I can go home by myself and drive carefully.” I squeezed his hand to make him believe me.

“Oh..okay. Drive carefully, miss independent.” He said as he was waving at me.

“See you tomorrow at lunch.” I said and walked towards my car in the garage.

***

I my car and shocked because there was someone in front of my car. Then I realized that it was Junhong who was standing in front of my car. I got off of my car and walked towards him.

“Junhong-ah. What are you doing here?”

“Noona…It is so hard to… forget you…”

“What do you mean, Junhong?” I asked again confusedly.

You may think that I forgot about you
You may thing that I am happy with someone else
But I still can’t forget you like this
Like a scarecrow, who stands alone even after everyone leaves

 

My eyes getting dimmer when I listened to his words. I smiled weakly.

“Can I love you forever…?” he asked to me sadly.

“You shouldn’t love me forever, Junhong-ah. It’s almost a year since you told me that you love me. I thought that you….”

“Aniyo…” he suddenly hugged me.

“Junhong-ah…please..” I tried to pull myself away from his hug.

“Noo…Noona!” he stammered.

“Let me go before…”

“What? Daehyun hyung sees this? Let him see this and then you two break up and you can be with me.” He urged.

They say that even after 1 year, things change from now
And that there won’t be any painful things then
But I know my heart very well
I know so well that it won’t change


After I could pull myself away, I saw him. Plakk!! I slapped him weakly. He looked at me and startled.

“Mi…mianhe, Junhong-ah. Please.. I have Daehyun. I’m happy with him. My life is perfect with him. Yet you want us to break up??” I said softly. Tears were flowing from my eyes.

“I hate you, Junhong-ah…I hate you for becoming like this.” I went back to my car and went home.

***


But I still can’t forget you like this
Like a scarecrow, who stands alone even after everyone leaves

 

“Noona…”