Y.O.U.

Looking back

 

 
 
"Irene!!! You have to tell us!! Hannie already told me some of your moments with Daniel back in Highschool!!" A small woman wearing normal jeans and 'Mickey mouse' t shirt continued to beg and nag on her friend.
 
"Miku-chan.. I already told you.. I don't know what you're talking about.." The tall girl responded..
 
"Hmmp!! Irene-chan.. I don't believe you.. *sigh Fine.. If you're not planning on telling me.. Then I'll just have to call Daniel-kun and ask him to tell me everything.." Miku was about to get her phone but Irene stopped her..
 
"NO!! Don't!! Fine.. I'll tell you about it.. Just don't call Daniel-kun.. That idiot will surely make fun of me.." Irene sighed..
 
"Yay!!!" the smaller girl clapped her hands together like a little kid..
 
"But can we first go to the restaurant where the others are waiting so I wouldn't have to repeat everything just in case the others will ask too?" Irene continued walking to the familiar restaurant not waiting for the other girl's reply..
 
~~In the restaurant~~~
 
 
"Irene-Chan~~!! I wanna hear your stories already.. Please.. please.. please start~?" Miku tugged Irene's sleeves..
 
"Miku.. We're already in college and you're still as loud as a 10 yr old kid? No wonder you don't have a boyfriend.." A petit girl said.
 
"Risa-chan.. You're so mean.. Is that how you pay me for introducing Sungminnie-kun to you? If it wasn't for me, you would never have him as your boyfriend you know.." Miku said in a teary voice..
 
"Arrggh.. Oh please.. Your puppy eyes will never work on me, idiot.." Risa scoffed..
 
"Well, if I'm an idiot what are you?" Miku raised her left eyebrow..
 
"Alright alright.. You too stop the bickering ok?" Jamie said..
 
"Risa-chan started it.." Miku said with a pout, walking over to Anna..
 
"What?" Anna asked..
 
"Nothing.. Geez.. Why are you all so hot blooded??" Miku said and walked back to her seat..
 
"Weirdo.." Risa commented, Miku shot her a playful glare..
 
"I'm telling Sungmin-kun that you're pregnant if you keep picking on me~." Miku said in a naughty voice which made Risa, Anna and Cherry blossomly pink..
 
"W-what? What a-are you talking a-about? Who the h-hell is p-preg.. n-nant?" Risa stuttered..
 
"Y-yeah.. T-that's i-impossible.." Cherry added..
 
"R-right.." Anna only said..
 
"Ooooohhh.. What's going on here??? Why do I see all three of you blushing??? Don't tell me you--" A hand clasped over Miku's mouth to stop her from talking which was Cherry's..
 
"Shut up.. okay?? I'll treat you for ice cream later.." Cherry said and removed her hand from Miku's where a dorky smile was already plastered..
 
"He he he.. Taemin-kun sure is fast isn't he?? he he he.. Onew-kun too.. And I never thought that Sungmin-kun would-" Another hand stopped Miku from talking this time it was Risa's..
 
"Irene-chan.. I heard that Daniel-kun is doing good in New York.. When will you fly there as well?" Risa said trying to change the subject immediately..
 
"Huh?? So what?" Irene replied coldly as Risa retreated her hand from Miku's mouth..
 
"Ohh.. Irene-chan.. I almost forgot.. Tell us.. quickie quickie!! Your and Daniel-kun's love story.." Miku begged again..
 
"*Sigh,.. Alright alright.. Since it's all in the past already.. I guess it won't hurt me to tell you some fairytale.." Irene said..
 
"Yay!! Fairytales!! I love Fairytales!! Which one will you tell us?" Miku said in an overly enthusiastic manner..
 
"Yah! Would you please just shut up and let her talk? Thank you.." Risa said again..
 
"I'm telling this on Sungmin-kun.." Miku whispered then ran to Jamie so that she could hide behind the girl..
 
"Alright so.. Back then~~~~"
 
~~ 3rd Year Highschool, COCC Training ~~
 
Irene was known back then in the COCC as the one who had the largest crush on the Officer, Daniel Cortez, the Wing 3 who was mainly in charge of the COCC training..
 
The NCO had asked the COs for those who wanted to be the Next NCO for the upcoming Seniors.. Irene and some other students held their hands up, signalling that they do..
 
"Tiwalag.. Form..." The NCO officer, Greg ordered them.. Because Irene was a bit taller than the rest, she's located in front..
 
"Oh Pano ba yan, Daniel.. NCO daw gusto nito oh.." Greg said referring to no one but all obviously knew who the officer was reffering..
 
"Hmmp!! Ganon.." Daniel only said.. All the other Cos who had a crush on Daniel were on the other forms especially on Daniel's but Irene was the only one who decided differently..
 
"Oh Sigeh.. C.O.!! SINO GUSTO MAGING CORTEZ!!!?" Daniel asked in a demanding voice..
 
"SINO GUSTO MAGING CORTEZ!!!?? WALANG AAMIN HA??" Daniel continued shouting while the other officers were only to grin sloppily and look at Irene who was blushing cheekily at the moment..
 
"Nak ng tokwa naman tong si Sir Daniel.. Gustong gustong inaasar ako.." Irene said in her mind, ignoring the shouting boy infront of her.
 
"SINONG GUSTONG MAGING CORTEZ!!?? WALA??" Daniel asked for the last time.. Irene really wanted to raise her right hand but.. Well.. Too late..
 
~~ Back in the restaurant ~~
 
"Ehh?? That's soo chessy!!! I didn't know that Daniel-kun is a greasy cheese.. Hahaha.." Miku commented..
 
"Daniel sure was Corny.. I wonder what would happen if he saw you raising your hand a little.." Jamie said.
 
"Aishht.. Stop with the side comments alright? Irene-chan.. Please continue.." Cherry said..
 
~~ 7-11 ~~
 
A lot of students were crowding inside the store which caught Irene's attention.. She decided to take a look at who/what was the cause of it..
 
"I wonder why.." Because Irene wasn't wearing her contacts that time, she had to walk closer to see why..
 
"Van!!??" Irene shouted in her mind.. Too much shock that the coke she was drinking got spilled on her white uniform.. Irene hurriedly got out of the store while trying to get rid of the coke stain.. NOte: Van was her Ultimate crush during Gradeschool.
 
"Ackk.. .. Ba't ba ang malas ko.." Irene whispered then she saw that Daniel was walking in her direction..
 
"Wah! Si Sir Daniel! Anu ba yan!!" She hurriedly went to the other side of the road and got inside a jeep..
 
When Irene came home, she received a text from Daniel..
 
Daniel: Sino yung crush mo nung grade school??
 
"Ala!! Pano niya nalaman!!?" 
 
Irene: Si Van Jasper Casto po..
 
Daniel: Hindi mo naman kabisado buong pangalan niya noh?
 
Irene: Hindi naman po.. ^,^
 
Daniel: Saan siya nag aaral?
 
Irene: Manila Science po..
 
Daniel: Ahh.. Nag take rin ako ng exam dun eh.. Hindi nga lang pumasa.. haha..
 
Irene: Ok lang po yun, Sir.. Mas okay nga po yun eh andito kayo sa school kasama namin..(Kasama ko..) 
 
Daniel: Haha.. Kung makapagsalita ka parang masyado akong mahalaga sa school ha?? Ilang merits ba kailangan mo??
 
Irene: Hehehe.. Hindi naman po.. (Kelangan ko po ng pagmamahal niyo..)
 
Daniel: Ahh.. ok sigeh.. GUd nyt nah..
 
~~ Back to the present ~~
 
"Jealous much? Nag imbestiga pa talaga ah.." Risa commented..
 
"OK.. Enough side comments.. Irene-chan.. Continue.. I wanna hear more!" Cherry said..
 
~~ COCC Training ~~
 
A punishment was just given to the COs.. Overly exhausted and head spinning, Irene took off her glasses even though the officer ordered them not to move..
 
"Sige galaw pa.." One of the officers said.. 
 
"Irene, Okay ka lang?" The Wing Commander, Alex asked.
 
"Sir, Hindi po.." Irene honestly said then she was accompanied by Daniel to the canteen to sit for a bit.. Alex went to buy something..
 
"Sir Daniel, pwede bang wag kang tumitig sakin ng ganyan.." Irene whined in her mind lowering her head even more..
 
"Eto oh.." Alex handed her a piece of candy..
 
"Thank you poh.." Irene said but in her mind.. "Sana tubig na lang.. Hays.." After eating the candy her dizziness already faded.. 
 
The two officers were now sitting across her and were both awkwardly staring at her..
 
"Ah.. Sir.. Okay na po ako.. Babalik na po ako.." Irene said and walked back to the other COs. But on her way she stumbled across a running kid which luckily Alex was able to pull her away..
 
"Yan kasi masyado kang nagmamadali.. Muntik ka na.." Alex said.. Not noticing that Daniel also had his hand supporting Irene on the other side..
 
"Ok na, Daniel.. Ako na.." Alex said which literally made Irene punch the daylights out of the Wingcommander..
 
"Ok.." Daniel shrugged..
 
"Naku!! SIR ALEX!! PAPATAYIN KITA!! SIR DANIEL!! WAG MO KONG IWAN!!" Irene shouted in her mind but was unable to bulge because her head is still spinning..
 
~~ Back to the present ~~
 
"HAHAHAHAHAH!! Sayang!! HAHAH!!" Miku said while laughing loudly with the others..
 
"Yah.. You all are too mean.. You asked me to tell you everything that I remember and yet you're laughing at me.. How rude.. I hate you all.." Irene said hitting Miku lightly..
 
"Alright.. Fine.. I'll stop laughing just continue.." Miku said while wiping her tears..
 
~~ Irene's classroom ~~
 
Being the class president, Irene was in charge in maintaining the discipline of the class.. And unfortunately, their subject teacher was absent..
 
"Pwede po ba sa President??" A familiar voice echoed in the room.. Everybody turned their eyes to Irene recognizing who the visitor was..
 
"President daw uy!!"
 
"Madaam President!! Kelangan ka daw nya!!"
 
"Irene! May nag hahanap sayo!!"
 
"AYYIEE!!"
 
Irene approached the boy just outside the room..
 
"Ahh.. Sir Daniel? Bakit po??" Irene managed to say looking at the floor..
 
"Eto yung seat work niyo.. Absent kasi si Ma'am.." Daniel explained the seat work while Irene was only able to nod her head and say "opo.. opo..".
 
"Okay.. Yun lang.. na intindihan mo ba?" Daniel asked lastly..
 
"Opo.." Irene nodded again..
 
"Okay.. Balik mo na lang sakin yung libro ah.." Daniel said then left..
 
"Oi.. Irene.. Ano daw gagawin natin??" the Vice President, Jeff asked..
 
"Ha??"
 
"Ano gagawin natin? Ano yung seat work?" Jeff asked again..
 
"Ha?? ALA!! DI KO ALAM!!! AHh!! Habulin mo si Sir Daniel dali!! Di ko naintindihan!!" Irene said..
 
"He? Hahaha.. Kanina ka pa kinakausap ni Daniel tapos wala kang naintindihan? Ganun ba siya ka gwapo para sayo? Hahaha.. Pano na seat work natin nyan?" Jeff commented..
 
"Ay Naku!! Kahit ano na lang jan sa libro!!" 
 
~~ Back to the Present ~~
 
"Nyahahaha~! Dork!!" Miku commented, sipping her drink..
 
~~ COCC Training ~~
 
All COs were sitting on the floor.. No slouching.. All officers were looking at them, making them feel more stiff and numb..
 
Irene was busy minding herself when Daniel decided to crouch beside her..
 
"Javier.. Spell LOVE in a different way.." Daniel commanded out of the blue that made Irene freak out and panic..
 
'Ha? Love?? What? Spell Love in a different way? How?' Irene asked in her mind..
 
"10... 9... 8... Ano ba yan. Spell Love in a different way lang nahihirapan ka? 7... 6..." Daniel started his count down, looking straight at Irene's face..
 
'Ano ba~!?? Love?? Ano ba?? Isip isip~!!!'
 
"5... 4..." Daniel continued putting more pressure on Irene..
 
"Y. O. U. po, Sir!" Irene exclaimed, earning a huge grin from Daniel..
 
"Y.O.U.?? Y. O. U. pala ahh.." Daniel repeated her answer and spelled it outloud, walking away to the other officers..
 
'Y. O. U.????? YOU!?!!! OH MAY GAD!! Nakakahiyaaaaaaa~!!' Daniel left Irene, embarrassed and blushing..
 
~~ Back to the present ~~
 
"Awwee.. You two are so sweet.. Para kayong teleserye sa TV.. Bakit ba kasi hindi kayo nagkatuluyan??" Risa asked..
 
Irene just shrugged with a sad smile.. An awkward silence enveloped the group..
 
"Now now.. Why are our girlfriends so quiet??? I was expecting you all to be loud.." Jaejoong, Jamie's boyfriend, approached the group.. Giving his girlfriend a peck on the cheek and pulling a seat beside her..
 
Taemin, Sungmin, Onew and Yunho was also with him.. Taemin, Cherry's boyfriend.. Sungmin, Risa's fiancee.. Onew, Annalyn's boyfriend.. And Yunho, Miku's guardian..
 
"What were you talking about?? Why all so quiet?" Yunho asked, grabbing the glass of water in front of Miku..
 
"Appaa... I wanna go to Japan~!! Can we?? Can we? Can we?? Please??" Miku whined tugging on Yunho's shirt..
 
"Well.. That's.. I'll see what I can do.." Yunho said with a sweet smile, ruffling Miku's bangs..
 
"Hey, Baby.. Wanna go to Japan too??" Jaejoong asked, wrapping his muscular arm around Jamie's shoulders and reaching out to hold her hand..
 
"I wanna go to Japan too, Taemin-ahh.." Cherry asked too..
 
"Yah~! Lee Sungmin~! Aren't you gonna ask me to go to Japan??" Risa shouted at Sungmin.
 
"Risa.. Honey.. We just came back from Japan.." The cute guy said, smiling sweetly at his girlfriend..
 
"That and This are two different things!!! Aren't you gonna ask me or not!?" Risa shouted again, standing up.. Sungmin held her hand and pulled her back to the seat..
 
"All right.. All right.. Wanna go to Japan, Honey??" Sungmin asked, kissing Risa's cheek who nodded cheekily..
 
Looking at the couples, Irene felt a pang of envy inside her chest.. Jamie and Jaejoong, Sungmin and Risa, Onew and Annalyn, Cherry and Taemin, and Yunho and Miku.. Thought Yunho and Miku were not the kind of romantic couple, they still cared very much for each other.. Seeing the love and affection of each of her friends, Irene too wished to have someone beside her..
 
'Hayyyy.. Bakit ba ngayon pa nagbalak na maglampungan itong mga to!!' Irene sighed in defeat..
 
"What's with the sighing?? Aren't you happy to see me??" A familiar voice said, making Irene freeze on her seat.. She was too preoccupied with staring and being envious of the others' coupling that she didn't notice a familar somebody sit beside her...
 
"D-d-d-d-d-daniel~!!!! Wh-w-w-w-hy?? What are you doing here?!!" Irene squealed standing up from her seat..
 
"Didn't you hear? I came back because I forgot something here in the Philippines.. Something very important.." Daniel said looking straight at Irene's eyes..
 
"W-w-what i-is it??" Irene asked.. Daniel reached out his hands to take off Irene's glasses, putting it on the table.. Irene was stiff as a statue, having Daniel in front of her and absolutely near..
 
"You.."