Meeting

Always

 

You tipped your head to the side. “Her medicine?”
 
  “You aren’t bothering them, are you?” Your mother said behind you. She took note of the Korean family. “Annyeonghaseyo,” she smiled at the woman.
 
  “Oh, you’re Korean too?” the woman looked up in surprise.
 
  “Neh,” you nodded politely.
 
  “Oh, that’s wonderful!”  The boy’s mother beamed. The little girl began to squirm again, whining and itching at her face. “Oh, honey, I know it hurts but you can’t scratch it,” the mother cooed, pulling the small hand away.
 
  “Does your daughter have eczema?”Your mother asked.
 
  “Yes,”  the woman nodded.  “How did you know?”
 
  “My youngest daughter has it also,”  ;Your mother sat down and continued to converse with the other woman. You quickly lost interest and wandered off, wondering what happened to the boy. You found him by the bookshelf, gazing at the large array of novels.
 
  “Do you like to read?” The boy asked suddenly, startling you a little.
 
  “Um, yes, I love it.” You answered quietly. The boy began to giggle. “What’s so funny?” You pouted.
 
  “First of all,” He laughed. “I scared you,” You frowned.
 
  “You did not scare me!” You retorted. The boy dismissed your statement with a wave of his hand, still laughing.
 
  “And second of all, you like to read! You’re such a nerd!”
 
  You narrowed your eyes at him. “Reading makes you smart! And this year, reading and writing is important for the final exam!”
 
  “Who cares?” the boy smirked. “Reading fake stories won’t help you in life,”
 
  You glared at the snarky boy. “Who do you think you are?”
 
  He stood a little taller and squared his shoulders. “I’m Kwon Jiyong and I’m going to be the richest person ever!”
 
  You stared at the boy, completely dumbfounded. “The richest person ever? How are you going to do that?”
 
  He shrugged. “Does it matter?” He thought a little. “I’m going to be the greatest rapper ever!”
 
  Now, you were just annoyed. “Seriously? A rapper? Rap isn’t even good,”
 
  “Of course you would say that,” Jiyong crossed his arms. “You’re a nerd. Nerds and rappers don’t mix.” You rolled your eyes. “And also that’s my point! Since there isn’t any good rap, I would be the only good one out there, which means that I’ll be the greatest!”
 
  He had a point, you thought. “What matters is if you’re any good or not,”
 
  “Of course I’m good!” He pouted. “At least I’m better than you!”
 
  “How would you know?” you snapped.
 
  “Because you’re a nerd!” he shouted.
 
   “And you’re wannabe!”
 
  “Nerd!”
 
  “Wannabe!”
 
  “Nerd!”
 
  “Wannabe!”
 
  “Children!” The two of you stopped bickering and looked up to see your mothers glaring.
 
  “What is the meaning of this?”  Your mother frowned at you.
 
  “You should know better!” Ms. Kwon scolded Jiyong. The two of you bowed and apologized to your mothers.
 
  Your mother smirked a little, her eyes gleaming. Oh no. You thought. When Umma gets that look, something bad’s going to happen.
 
  “Why are you apologizing to us?” I knew it. “You need to apologize to each other.”
 
  “No way, Umma!” You blurted out. Your mother gave you a sharp look and you shut your mouth. “Mianhae, Jingyo.” You smiled sweetly. Jiyong’s eyes furrowed.
 
  “Hey! The name is Kwon Jiyong!” His mother jabbed him in the back. “Ouch! What was that for?” She jabbed him again.“Aish, sorry,”  he mumbled. The two evil mothers started giggling at their children.
 
  “Well, we should get going now,” Ms. Kwon smiled. “It was nice meeting you!”
 
  "Deh," Your mother agreed. "We'll see each other soon! Annyeong~!"
 
  Yep. You two definitely hit it off the first time you met.
 
 
AN: The color option won't work for me? o.o I had to go back and color it through html code >.< I guess that computer class finally paid off..