Two Different Kinds Of You: A night at Woohyun's

Two Different Kinds Of You

Hoya POV

"GOD DAMN. ING LEE HOWON GET YOUR TO THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW," my mother yelled. I was scared to see why she was calling me, I didn't even know what I did wrong.

I rushed quickly to my mother and saw her take out her sandals. "U-Umma, please-" she slapped my arm and then slapped my forehead. I tried my best to hold my tears and I surrendered to her. She was about to slap me again but then she stopped. She started crying. I was afraid to say something but I did anyways. "W-what's wrong?"

"Shut up! Leave this house right now! Be back by morning and I'll tell you what's wrong."

She kneeled down and cried and cried, I started crying too but I ran quickly to my room. I grabbed a few necessary items and then I left the house by jumping through the window. 

I ran to the park first and sat down on the picnic bench, where Dongwoo and I did our project. He's just so annoying. He tries blaming other people for his problems when I know he ruined that project, purposely. I bet he lives such an easy life, he's always smiling whenever I'm not beating him. I bet if he lived in my family situation, he would be just as cruel as I.

My sadness turned into anger and I clenched my fists. I kicked the trees, I punched the trees and pulled on my hair. The bark was so rough, my knuckles started bleeding. As I was punching everything I could get ahold of, the house near the park light's . A man walked out of the door and he looked tired.

"Yah! Kid!" I looked over at him, in the dim lights. "Get your home! I'm trying to get some damn sleep! And stop punching those trees!"

"Make me!" I threw a rock at him and ran away from the park, I looked back but I think he was too tired to chase after me. I shouldn't have thrown that at him, but it was my gut that told me to.

I looked around as I walked and calmed myself down. I had no where to go, I didn't know where to stay. I couldn't sleep on the park bench or that man would've kept yelling at me. 

I stopped walking and sat down on a bench in front of a coffee shop. I took out my cellphone and texted Woohyun.

Hey, Woohyun, do you think I could sleep over right now?- Hoya

I waited a few minutes before he texted back.

Sure, my mom doesn't care.- Woohyun

I smiled, I was happy that I had somewhere to stay for the night. I ran to Woohyun's street and knocked on the door. His mother opened and the house was super noisy.

"Sorry, Hoya, for all this noise, it's just Woohyun's cousins are over from their big soccer game that they won so they're all celebrating. Do you mind?"

"No, Mrs.Nam, thank you for letting me stay in such a short notice." She let me inside the house and led me to Woohyun's room. 

"No problem! Is your mother having problems again?" My expression darkened. "I'm sorry to ask."

"It's fine, and yeah, she's having 'problems'. She yelled at me and did some other things and I don't even know what I did wrong...."

"Well what did she say to you when you left?"

"She told me to go and come back in the morning so she can tell me what's wrong. Truthfully, I'm scared to go to her in the morning, I don't know what awaits me. I hope she has calmed down by now."

"Alright, I'll drop you off at your mother's."

"Thank you."

I walked inside Woohyun's room and jumped on his bed. He was playing video games and eating a bag of chips. Thank goodness it was a Friday or else I'd be really tired to go to school.

"Hey Hoya, what's up?"

"A lot, what about you?"

"Nothing, I was trying to get some sleep but my cousins are causing a ruckus down there." Woohyun said, not taking his eyes off the TV screen. "So what's wrong at your house? Why'd you come here in such short notice?"

"My mom."

"Oh, I see. She's being a ?"

"She's not a , she's just- she just needs some help. Ever since my dad left her, she's been a trainwreck, I don't know what to do anymore! She even beats up my little brother and sister!!"

Woohyun stopped playing his game and turned off the tv. He then turned to me. "Listen, dude, if that's happening at your house, you should do something about it," he managed to say with a mouth full of chips.

"I know, but what do I do?" I asked. I was desperate to get some help for my mother.

"Well, if she told you not to come back until morning, she probably wanted to calm down before she told you what's wrong."

"I guess so." I sighed. "Wait, how did you know she wanted me to come back by morning?"

"I overheard you talking to my mom."

"Oh....so you heard everything?"

"Yup, it's okay, I understand."

"No you don't," I got up and took a soda from his mini fridge. "No one has a life like mine. Your mom's so nice! I'd choose her over my mom any day."

Woohyun got up and took a soda too. "Don't say that, do you even love your mom?"

Do I love my mom? I had never asked myself that question and frankly, I do not know the answer to that question. All the things she has done to me is just so painful to talk about. She even beats my younger siblings, I feel bad watching them go to school with marks all over their faces and kids asking them what's wrong, I wonder if they'll end up like me. Maybe if my mom was never like this, I would be nicer.

"Well do you?"

I was so caught up in my own thoughts I didn't remember he asked me a question. "I don't know, I don't know."

Woohyun nodded, like he already knew I was going to say that. "Hey Hoya, can you see what time it is?"

I squinted my eyes and looked at the clock, my contacts were wearing out so I had to get new ones. "It's 1:00 am."

"Alright, let's go to sleep."

Woohyun turned off the lights and I lay down next to him. I know it's weird sleeping with a guy friend and I'm a guy but it doesn't bother any of us since we're really close. On the otherhand, I just wish everything could go back to normal.


The bright sun woke me up and Woohyun's mom was ready to drop me off at my house. She drove me to my house but hid the car behind another house so my mom wouldn't know that I slept over Woohyun's.

"Bye Woohyun!"

"Bye Hoya!"

"Thank you Mrs. Nam!"

"No problem sweetie! Come by any time you like, you hear?"

"I will! Thank you!" I shut the door and ran up to the front door. I took a big deep breath before knocking. Someone opened the door but I didn't see anyone. I got inside the house and saw my sister hiding behind the door. 

"BOO!" She shouted, laughing. I picked her up and gave her kisses on her cheek.

"Yah, Mina, you aren't supposed to be opening the door!! You're only 5 years old!" I scolded.

"Sorry oppa," she pouted. I felt bad for her so I just gave her a tighter hug and then let her down. 

"Howon, you're here," my mother said. I didn't even acknowledge her presence, I was too busy loving my sister. "Sit down right here."

I was scared to go to her but I did anyways. I sat down next to her and gave her a light smile, she smiled back.

"Howon, I was very angry yesterday, I'm sorry about that." I wasn't paying attention to her words until she said she was sorry. I was really surprised, she never says sorry! "It's just, I was mad because you barely come home, you're always out with friends you're always doing something else when I need you most!"

"I'm sorry umma," I said. I didn't know what to say.

"I needed you yesterday! I even called your phone 10 times!"

"I'm so sorry umma, I'm so sorry." I felt so bad at that point.

"It's okay Howon, I'm sorry too, for making you leave the house."

I smiled at my mother and she smiled with me too. I hugged her and my little sister jumped on top of us. We laughed and it felt good to hug her, it's something I haven't done in a while. 

After that, I helped my mom cook breakfast and everything went just fine. I hope the rest of my days could go like this. I hope my mom doesn't get angry at me anymore. I just hope everything goes back to normal.


Hoya has such a bad home life right? Poor kid ): Thank you so much! I love you guys!! Thank you all so much for subscribing and commenting! 

I really appreciate it! I'm serious guys, I really love you. <3

Shouts outs to.....

XIceprincessX

blingontheblock

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! :D <3

Also, for all the others, thank you so much too! I love you guys just as much as the first 30 subscribers!