Yongguk ~ Triumph

B.A.P Psycho Series

 

A familiar tune blasted off from your phone as it rang for the umpteenth time today.

Annoyed, you dragged yourself out of your bedroom to answer whoever it was that was calling you. It felt as though the caller knew that you were home alone today and had finally taken the opportunity to create disturbance.

“Hello?!” You shouted, secretly hoping that it wasn’t your parents. “Who’s there? Look, I have no time to play your ty gam-”

“Dasom?” A familiar voice got through. “Dasom, is everything all right?”

“Oppa? Yongguk Oppa?”

“Yeah, it’s me.” His gruff voice answered. “Are you okay?”

“Y-Yeah.”

Ever since you could remember, you had developed some sort of affection for the older boy. He was cool, suave and definitely a package in one. The two of you had grew up together with a few other people; him always defending you when the others would tease.

It got to a point where your best friend suggested that Yongguk may have taken a liking to you. It was definitely easy to see; he was always flustered around you and honestly, you didn’t mind because you liked him too.

“Just the usual.” You sighed as you slumped onto your couch. “The bugger has been calling for the whole day now.”

“Should we go to the police?”

“Nah. I don’t want to make a big deal about it. I mean, he or she hadn’t hurt me or anything.”

“If you say so.” He then turned excited for a moment. “Dasom? Are you free tonight?”

“When wouldn’t I be free?” You laughed as you recalled your graduation last week. “Why? Are you finally asking me out?”

“More or less. I’ll pick you up at 7, okay?”

You glanced at the time on the wall and nodded your head knowingly.

2 hours to get ready.

“All right. See you later!”

You hung up and were about to head back to your bedroom to get ready when the phone rang again.

Did oppa forget something?

“Hello? Oppa?” You chuckled through the phone. “Oppa?”

“Hello Dasom.” The deep voice answered.

“H-Hello?” The voice sounded almost like Yongguk’s but you were pretty sure it wasn’t him.

There was just something different in the intonations used as well as something that you couldn’t quite put your finger on.

“Don’t bother guessing who I am.” The voice cackled over the phone.

“How do you know what I’m thinking?!”

“Oh… honey.” He chuckled. “I know everything. Like how you’re only wearing your white cotton t-shirt over your black shorts… Yes… I know.”

“W-Who are you?!” You screeched but the man only laughed. “Yongguk?! Is that you?!”

The line went dead, leaving you to hear the resonating cackles in your mind.

--

Upon arriving at your house, Yongguk was interrogated thoroughly; from his phone calls history to his answers.

You felt guilty upon realising that the creepy man wasn’t Yongguk and apologised. Luckily for you, Yongguk was understanding enough and to brighten up your night, he suggested for the two of you to spent some time alone.

“A park? Really?” You eyed your surroundings before taking a seat at the bench. “Here I thought we’d go somewhere more…”

“Crowded?” Yongguk chuckled. “Come on. At least we get to spend our time together. Just the two of us.”

Fine fine.” You relented. “So, why are we here, smart guy?”

“That… will be answered after I get back from the toilet.”

“But there are no toilets around.”

Nature calls.” He winked and disappeared off to somewhere.

Being left alone, you sighed as you took in the environment. Large, bulky trees loomed over your head; making it seem as though someone was getting ready to pounce on you from the top. You shuddered as you tucked your jacket in closer to your body, making it seemed as though the jacket would be able to protect you.

You jumped as you felt a vibration in your jeans pocket and grumbled as you took your cell phone out.

Unknown number?

“Hello?” You answered but only silence replied. “Hello? Who’s there?”

Still silent.

“Helloooo?” You were starting to get annoyed. “Wait, are you the same person that called me today afternoon?”

Upon your question, the caller hung up and left you to hear the dead ring at the end of the line.

Just great…

“I’m back.” You jumped again upon hearing Yongguk’s voice. “Who called?”

“The annoying bugger. Honestly, I don’t get what his problem is. He’s scaring me!”

“Well, ignore him.” Yongguk grinned as he took a seat right next to you. “Focus on me, okay?”

“What are you doing?” You eyed him suspiciously but his expression stayed the same. “Bang Yongguk, is the caller, you?

“You think that low of me?” He feigned a scowl and you apologised, knowing you were turning a little annoying. “No silly, I want to show you something.”

“What?”

The boy reached out into his pockets, holding a small box as he extended his hands towards you. Your eyes widened at the sight and you gasped.

“A r-ring?”

He gave a cheeky smile and said nothing as he opened the box, slowly and deliberately.

“Funny oppa.” You clucked in disapproval as you saw the contents. “There’s nothing inside.”

“Of course.” Yongguk laughed as he reached for your hand. “That’s because the ring’s here.”

You gave a louder gasp as a 2 carat diamond ring rested in his palms and gulped; having a small guess to why the ring would be there.

“Lee Dasom.” His voice commanded you to look into his eyes. “I have loved you all these while and I know you do too, so don’t bother lying. Now, would you do me a favour and help me out over here?”

“Will you marry me?” Yongguk was definitely nervous and you could sense it.

“What if I don’t want to marry you?” You teased and wiggled your eyebrows, only to be smacked at your legs.

“Dasom…”

“This has got to be the most bizarre proposal ever.” You laughed before nodding your head slightly. “But yes. I’ll marry you.”

“Aww… Dasom!” Yongguk hugged you tightly before placing a kiss on your cheeks. “I’ll love you forever, know that.”

--

1 year later:

Life had never been better.

Sitting in the comfort of your own apartment had you reminisce on your marriage with Yongguk. Time had passed by so quickly and now here you were, enjoying the comfort of each other; in love.

Yes, life was going great; you were sure of it.

You switched on the TV, knowing you’ll need the extra entertainment as you went through your laundry. Today was a Sunday and Sundays meant that the two of you would usually spend the day together.

“Oh.” You remembered as you were folding your clothes. “Honey! It’s already morning! Wake up!”

Yongguk was a heavy sleeper and it had somehow became your duty to wake the man up every morning ever since your marriage. Not that you mind anyway because you needed to wake up early as well.

“Honey?!”

You knew he could hear you so you left your shouting at that. It wouldn’t be long before he’d come out of his room for some breakfast anyway.

The house phone rang and you lazily reached over the pile of laundry; your cracking bones a sign that you hadn’t exercise for a long time.

“Hello?”

Silence replied and you sighed, knowing that whoever this was, it was the same person that had been bugging you since a year ago.

Ever since you married Yongguk, the caller would cease his calls but sometimes it got to a point where you felt it was creepy. You didn’t thought much of it knowing that the caller would not harm you.

Today was definitely no exception.

“Oh it’s you.” You said with such distaste in your voice. “How’s life? Quiet?”

“Don’t make a fool of me.” He answered softly and you felt chills. “I can kill you if I wanted to.”

You hung up immediately; your heart racing quickly over the threat.

H-He’s just joking… I mean… If he wanted to kill me, he would have already done that long ago.

The phone rang again and you jumped, realising that the man had got onto your nerves.

“H-Hello?”

“Don’t hang up on me.” The man threatened in his coarse voice.

Weirdly, you felt comfort in the voice as it was much like Yongguk’s; deep and gruff but there was no way it could be him after all the threatening. Yongguk’s voice may be deep but it wasn’t coarse like this.

“W-What do you want?”

“I want to kill you.” The voice simply said and you could sense the malicious grin forming on the anonymous face.

You hung up again, scared for your life.

“Y-Yongguk!” You rushed to your bedroom, only to find the man still sleeping soundly in his bed. “Honey, wake up! Honey!”

“W-What?” He sat up groggily and rubbed his eyes. “What happened?”

“Remember that guy on the phone? The one that keeps calling me?”

“Uhuh…”

“He threatened to kill me.” You whispered. “He knows who I am and he wants to kill me.”

“Come on.” Yongguk chuckled a little. “I don’t think he means it.”

“Oppa!” You whined and raised your voice. “Your wife just received a threatening phone call and you’re laughing about it? It’s not funny!”

“Sorry, sorry.” He sighed and patted your head. “If it makes you feel any better, we’ll head to the police to file a report later, okay?”

“Okay.” You agreed easily and left the man alone to bath.

Maybe… Maybe Yongguk is right… Maybe the man means me no harm…

You were jolted out of your thoughts as you heard the phone ringing again.

Just great…

“Number one.” You heard the man speak angrily. “I am going to kill you if you’re going to hang up on me again.”

Without hearing his other words, you ended the call; despaired on how insistent the man was.

It hit upon you that there would always be a chance he might kill you if you head to the police later. Without giving it a thought, you dialed the police hotline quickly.

“Hello? Police?”

“Yes, this is the Seoul Unit Police Department speaking. How may we help you, ma’am?”

“Uh… I’ve been receiving anonymous phone calls for the past year and he’s been threatening me today. I’d like to file a police report?” You asked, unsure.

“Surely the man would do you no harm seeing how you haven’t reported it for the past one year?”

“Um… I know that it’s my mistake for not filing a report sooner but I think this time round he means what he say about killing me. It’s been bugging me the whole day and I wish the police would be able to stop it.”

“Are there anyone at home other than yourself?”

“Yes… my husband.” You answered, not quite understanding why the officer would ask that.

“Tell you what. We’ll track the next phone call that comes in through your phone and we’ll inform you on who that person might be. Do keep in mind that you need to have him on hold for at least 30 seconds. We’ll try our best to help you. Meanwhile, stay safe with your husband, is that okay, ma’am?”

“All right. Thank you.” You hung up and waited for the phone to ring.

True enough; the phone rang again, the sound annoying you to pieces.

“Hello?” You asked, glancing over your watch as you timed the conversation.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to hang up on me?” The man whispered and you shuddered.

“I… I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.” 15 seconds.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes… I just… Tell me what you want.”

“I want to kill you.”

“Why?!” 25 seconds.

“Because you’re mine and mine only.”

30 seconds.

Once again, you ended the call and you prayed that whoever the man was, he wouldn’t and wasn’t serious in killing you.

“Honey? Is everything okay?” Yongguk came out of the shower. “I heard you shouting.”

“I… I don’t know what to do, oppa.” You went over to hug him. “This man… he’s been threatening to kill me all day. I… I called the police.”

“Really?”

“Yeah and they said they’ll help me to trace the call an-”

The phone rang, interrupting your conversation and you scurried over quickly; knowing that it would be the police this time round.

“H-Hello?” You answered softly, praying that it was the officer that called you just now.

“Hello?! Ma’am? Is that you?” His voice was frantic and you didn’t understand why.

“Yes…”

“Ma’am?! We traced the call and it’s coming from your house! There seems to be another number… Hello? Ma’am?”

You felt the world deafening but took a grip as you struggled to hear the man’s voice.

“We’re sending our police unit over! Ma’am? I believe that the person is your husband. We need you to evacuate the house now!”

You turned around to face Yongguk, the droplets from his hair still falling down to his half- chest. His face was worried but you knew otherwise.

“T-They said it’s you.” You whispered softly, the phone still in your grip.

“Ma’am?! Is he with you right now?!” The officer shouted but you had already shut him out.

“It can’t be you.” You muttered but your legs were staggering backwards. “Can it?”

“Of course not.” Yongguk was appalled that you could think of that even. “I’m here aren’t I? I can’t be the one calling you.”

“But…”

“Hush.” He hugged you before you could run. “Trust me. I’m not the one.”

“But they said that the call is coming from our house.” You were now choking on your tears. “The police are wrong, aren’t they?”

“Hush…”

“Of course they are.” Your mind was still a mess. “It can’t be you. The voice… it’s all different.”

“Hush…”

“If you wanted to kill me, you would have done that a long time ago. Besides, you’re my husband. You love me like I love you. I’m yours till death do us apart, right?”

“Hush…” Yongguk rubbed your back softly, still in the hugging position. “Of course. You’re mine and mine only.”

Y-You’re mine… and mine only? Isn’t that…

You pushed the man off you as your eyes fleeted across the room; wondering where you had thrown the phone away.

“My god…” You whispered softly as you backed away. “It is you.”

The man sighed as he scratched his head in apology, his eyes never leaving you once.

“Dasom…”

“It’s you! The police are right! The man is you! Oh god! Why?! What do you want, Yongguk?!”

“Dasom… All I want is you.”

“You have me, d-don’t you?” You retreated, subtly making your way to the front door. “We’re married… so why?!”

“So that you’ll love me forever. Till death do us apart, remember?”

“Yongguk… this isn’t right.” Your hands tried to reach the door knob that would be your escape key. “Yongguk…”

You pushed open the door and screamed as you came into the arms of a man.

“H-Hey. Ma’am? Are you all right?”

You widened your eyes at the familiarity of the voice and realised that it was the officer.

“M-My husband…” You pointed inside and as you turned, you saw the officers handcuffing the poor man away.

As they walked past you, Yongguk gave a small smile and mummed the words you never wanted to hear in your life ever again.

“You’re mine and mine only…”

--

A/N Finally it ends! Haha! Well, it's been nice writing this series. I think it's really creepy how Dasom married her stalker like person ;_; Anyway, hope you guys liked the past 6 chapters and who knows, I might plan on writing a full thriller in the future. Lots of Love!