On the Ledge

Missing You

I held his hand as I watched his last shaky breaths escape his frail form.

And now here I am, alone, lying on bed, and crying until there aren't any more tears to be shed.

I could feel my heart falling apart, piece by piece, until what used to be a heart is now a black hole with only the shattered remains of my once beating heart. 

I watched as the full moon shone through the darkness and the lit wispy clouds that floated care-free through the clouds.

I got up and walked up to the roof and took a seat on the ledge, letting my feet dangle off the edge and letting the playful wind tossle my hair. I listened to the sounds of the world, the distint car rushing by, the crickets chirping, the owl hooting, the wind's breeze, but everything couldn't match the sound of his clear beautiful laugh ringing throughout the room. I looked down and found an empty eerie road, that had been filled with bustling people, rushing to get home to their beloveds, only a few hours together.

I get on my feet standing on the ledge and looked up at the sky, where he lived now, looking down upon me.

As I looked down, I found my path to him. Such a simple one, yet such a difficult decision.

But I have already decided. 

I let one foot hover over the nothingness.

I said I would always follow you.

I love you Taemin.

And with that, I pushed off the ledge and let myself fall.


A/N: I hoped you enjoyed my first one-shot!! Please comment!